Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Nice, cheers bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

robvondoom wrote: »
    Used to hit Celtic Pro with a buddy of mine back in the day. There was a worker there who used to have the two of us dying with laughter. I believe his name was Daragh. He'd get into hilarious verbals with the crowd and botch 619s to end up flat on his arse outside the ring etc.

Just wondering if he's still doing the rounds.

He is yeah, I love his stuff cause its so funny, look through the DCW posts or on their FB page for some vidoes of his promos. Some stuff with LA Warren & Working Class john is pretty fuinny

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Will do bud, plenty of time for the man's work.
    I'll never forget he sold a chop all the way out of the ring and sat down at ringside.

Obnoxious child in crowd - "Go on Darragh ya f**kin' Pansy!"
    Darragh turns and roars - "And what are you? Some kind of feckin' BOTANIST!?"
    Obnoxious Child - *Utter confusion*

Good times indeed.

robvondoom wrote: »
    Will do bud, plenty of time for the man's work.
    I'll never forget he sold a chop all the way out of the ring and sat down at ringside.

Obnoxious child in crowd - "Go on Darragh ya f**kin' Pansy!"
    Darragh turns and roars - "And what are you? Some kind of feckin' BOTANIST!?"
    Obnoxious Child - *Utter confusion*

Good times indeed.

Ha, confusion, the best offence lol

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg5vqfv10T8

Highlight Pics from The Main Event of NLW's first Show 5 Years ago. Here's looking forward to the 5th Anniversary show September 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 desiraymond

Are these two for real? Your mans accent is disgusting! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_fsArLLDjU&feature=youtu.be

***CONTAINS MITB SPOILER***

If it's related to WWE please post in the appropriate forum instead of inadvertantly spoiling it for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Are these two for real? Your mans accent is disgusting! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_fsArLLDjU&feature=youtu.be

Dude i wasnt goona get to see money in the bank til thursday......ya ruined it by the name on the youtube vid.....gutted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

im all against spoilers but dude your on the internet no way you would of made it to thursday,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    im all against spoilers but dude your on the internet no way you would of made it to thursday,

you wouldn't expect to be spoiled if you keep to the appropriate threads! On the net, definitely, but the PW Boards community generally work very hard to keep spoilers contained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I know my attempts to resist where futile.....Im stuck in cork till then, mate text me sayin what a great ppv it was, so i have him taping it and ive stayed off all relevant sites, just wanted to come and check out the irish promotions thread cause i like to see whats goin on.....alas i seen that :( but hey dunno anything else so its all good......mods do a great job of keepin it spoiler free! so thanks lads :) (genuine thanks and not a sarcastic one as it may be construed like that ha)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW Weekend Results

Captain Rooney beat Ian Starr

Mandrake kept his IwW Zero Gravity Championship against Tat2 Charlie

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship against TJ Meehan

The Supermodel won a Rumble last eliminating Mandrake

Thanks to all fans who attended the show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

Danny "The Pain" Deans on the Triple Threat Match for the DCW Heavyweight Championship Saturday July 23rd Celtic Uprising Ballyfermot Civic Centre www.dublinwrestling.ie

Danny "The Pain" Deans on the Triple Threat Match for the DCW Heavyweight Championship Saturday July 23rd Celtic Uprising Ballyfermot Civic Centre www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olf1zRhIJxQ

WWR co-host Marc Savage has a challenge for the Ballyfermot local Paul Buckley ahead of DCW Celtic Uprising July 23rd 2011 www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ye4GnWq49c

Bam Katraz makes his return to Irish wrestling Sunday July 24th 2011 at the Balbriggan Community Centre against The Great Pierre www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeqL7D5359o

Siren won her first match at the Blanchardstown Bash now she plans on upsetting her former tag team the DCW Tag Team Champions The Dunne Brothers at Celtic Uprising July 23rd 2011 www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Vc7Ns4zkY&feature=channel_video_title

Karl Brien speaks his heart on what has happened over the past while in DCW.... Only to be met with a "Lone" reply...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbbscvTAoHw

Ballymun Bruiser on the Triple Threat DCW Heavyweight Championship Match July23rd Ballyfermot Civic Centre www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMOf5m9UvMs&feature=channel_video_title

As the strain of being a slave to LA Warren starts to show Working Class John has a unique match for Celtic Uprising July 23rd Ballyfermot Civic Centre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Vr__svGDY

Championship Choice holder responds to "Zenith Of Zero Gravity" Bingo Ballance's challenge ahead of Battle in Balbriggan July 24th dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2jMhrJuegc

Karl Brien travels to the eerie Hellfire Club to find out the type of match he will "The Lone Wolf" Lycan in at DCW Celtic Uprising July 23rd Ballyfermot Civic Centre www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ibEFzuiHVg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Culgan

So it appears a lot of talent associated with DCW have all left today stemming from the actions of the promoters/bookers of the company.

All left as of today:

Vic Viper
    Brother Skelly
    Kev Rocks
    Sister laura
    Gerry Soul
    Jennidee
    Jonny Stash
    Max Mortello
    Lee Lighting
    Thunder Titan
    Amazing Insano
    Lenny Hanna
    John Jennings
    Steve crawley
    Darren Holmes

and rumor is a lot more will be following,

That's quite a large chunk of good people gone, hard to see them bouncing back from this for quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Marc Savage

Culgan wrote: »
    That's quite a large chunk of good people gone, hard to see them bouncing back from this for quite some time.

Can I just point out while it was sad to see them go for what ever the reasons they didn't leave all leave in one go except 6 leaving last month rest have left over the number of months from January up to now, some left not because problems with DCW and it's owner they left to do their own things

DCW still have a healthy roster dispite what people think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Culgan

DCW still have a healthy roster dispite what people think

Glad to hear that.

I've only recently started watching the Irish promotions, been enjoying watching them and wouldn't like to see any of them go downhill.

The only thing I am not liking about them is their use of non trained characters.
    Power & Murphy are too much as the heel owners, 1 of them doing it should be enough while the other can just be in the back making sure things go smoothly, timing the matches so they dont over run like they have a few times though some of the matches have been awesome even if they did over run.
    Whats put me off this weekends show is this "Arm wrestling" match between a manager and someone who used to do security, someone who broke his clavicle in a Rumble(again someone untrained) If its a straight out arm wrestling that shouldnt be a problem but lets be honest, when has something like that gone off without a hitch? Its almost like the equivalent of having an on air marriage.

Dont take this as me dissing DCW as I have been going to the shows since its debut and I have enjoyed most of them. The 3 stages of Hellfire could be a great match & I look forward to it, Lycan has improved since the debut show & I like Karl Brien too.

As for the main event, well its kind of a kick to the nuts for Deans, he is supposed to be #1 contender but its a triple threat because Bruiser is getting his rematch(finally) and the bookers are doing it to tie up loose ends which they messed up.
    I also read on FB that Andy Phoenix will be taking on Bingo Ballance on the Sunday show, wish it was the Saturday show because I cant make it on Sunday and I was dying to see these 2 guys go at it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Going to an IWW event on Saturday as part of a local festival up here in Buncrana, aside from Mandrake who should I be excited about seeing (and btw it 5 euro for adults 3 euro for kids which is a absolute bargain)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

jmolloy wrote: »
    Going to an IWW event on Saturday as part of a local festival up here in Buncrana, aside from Mandrake who should I be excited about seeing (and btw it 5 euro for adults 3 euro for kids which is a absolute bargain)

its sad tat nobody is replyin to tis. ive nver seen iww so i cant comment but there are lots who could. im not very long a member on boards but i joined after seeing a dcw show so i could get more info on the irish shows but its really dead here most of the time which sux.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

***CONTAINS MITB SPOILER***

If it's related to WWE please post in the appropriate forum instead of inadvertantly spoiling it for others.

The 2 biggest jokes in Irish Wrestling today. Apparently FFPW are sponsored by MCD or something like that. First I heard, I may go check my mail for all those cheques that I haven't seen yet. I think poor Ger Murphy has lost it all together.

Maybe that dig/lie about FFPW was because he's a little bit bitter at the fact our training school has been a success seeing 3 lads go to Japan and its been in operation for 8 years... not 8 weeks like his one. Believe it or not we work hard to keep our school going well.

Remember a couple of pages back he bitched about people going to support an 'american company' at the O2 in Dublin. Now he's like a little school girl at the fact he's going all the way to the USA to see Summerslam! And for someone who dislikes the spinner belt, he was quick off the mark to know how much one of them bad boys were. The term 'Add to Cart' comes to mind.

I loved the sly dig at MSW right at the end. A promotion that was the core of DCW when it started off but realised that they could do so much better than them and they are with a good training school and regular high drawing shows. I think the boys in this video sound like a couple of bitter old farts, no wonder no one wants to work for them.

Oh and this isn't Phily The kid talking... This is Phil Boyd talking :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

The 2 biggest jokes in Irish Wrestling today. Apparently FFPW are sponsored by MCD or something like that. First I heard, I may go check my mail for all those cheques that I haven't seen yet. I think poor Ger Murphy has lost it all together.

Maybe that dig/lie about FFPW was because he's a little bit bitter at the fact our training school has been a success seeing 3 lads go to Japan and its been in operation for 8 years... not 8 weeks like his one. Believe it or not we work hard to keep our school going well.

Remember a couple of pages back he bitched about people going to support an 'american company' at the O2 in Dublin. Now he's like a little school girl at the fact he's going all the way to the USA to see Summerslam! And for someone who dislikes the spinner belt, he was quick off the mark to know how much one of them bad boys were. The term 'Add to Cart' comes to mind.

I loved the sly dig at MSW right at the end. A promotion that was the core of DCW when it started off but realised that they could do so much better than them and they are with a good training school and regular high drawing shows. I think the boys in this video sound like a couple of bitter old farts, no wonder no one wants to work for them.

Oh and this isn't Phily The kid talking... This is Phil Boyd talking :D

haha id never even watched tat vid b4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Donegal

Mandrake kept his IwW Zero Gravity Championship in a match against Skaterboi Jeebus

Captain Rooney overcame Paddy Whack

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship in a Triple Threat match against TJ Meehan & Tat2 Charlie

The Supermodel kept his title in a Royal Rumble match eliminating Mandrake last!

Thanks again to everybody who made the show!

Scramble Match, Tag Team Ladder Match, Battle For The Briefcase and The Rematch
    Good Counsel GAA Club
    Saturday August 20th 7pm Start
    Full Bar In Operation

DCW Heavyweight Championship Scramble Match
    Irish Dragon (c) v Ballymun Bruiser v Danny "The Pain" Deans v "The Lone Wolf" Lycan v Ryan Smile

DCW Tag Team Championship Ladder Match
    Dunne Brothers (c) v T & K

The Battle For The Briefcase
    "Zenith of Zero Gravity" Bingo Ballance w/Barry v Andy Phoenix

The Rematch
    Great Pierre v Bam Katraz

DCW Bikini Contest
    *Every woman that enters the contest will get free admission to the event*
    The judge of the contest will be former DCW Ring Announcer Robbie King!

More matches to be announced very soon

We have just posted a poll at our facebook page. Please "like" this page and get the latest news.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/No-Limit-Wrestling/167386333293295

NLW 5th Anniversary SuperShow
    Sunday September 25th
    Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare (less than 30 minutes from Dublin)
    6.30pm
    Featuring former WWE Tag Team Champion SCOTTY 2 HOTTY!
    *Moat Theatre is located behind the Credit Union, Main Street, Naas. Buses from Dublin stop right outside.

Tickets on sale now from Moat Box Office: (045) 88 3030. €12.
    Seats numbered so book early for your choice of seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

hey,
    I was wondering if anyone would now if there is anymore of the byob shows in smithfield. I didnt make the last one and from all accounts it was supposed to be a great show. Cheers

sliotor wrote: »
    hey,
    I was wondering if anyone would now if there is anymore of the byob shows in smithfield. I didnt make the last one and from all accounts it was supposed to be a great show. Cheers

Yeah, Saturday September 10th 6.30pm start time. Over 18s only, great night last time, should be even better this time!!

Wrestling and booze in an over 18s environment, all thats missing are boats & ho's hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ste7en

What the heck is gonna happen when Irish Whip Wrestling superstar Mandrake and Dublin Championship Wrestling superstar The Ballymun Bruiser lock horns in a Main Stage Wrestling ring?!

The goddamn zombie apocalypse thats what!

Please check out our short movie DEAD EVENT at www.facebook.com/deadevent for the trailer, photos and news of any and all screenings coming up for the ultimate zombie/wrestling extravaganza!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Maybe that dig/lie about FFPW was because he's a little bit bitter at the fact our training school has been a success seeing 3 lads go to Japan

I know Fergal and Jordan are in Japan, but who's the third person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Ste7en wrote: »
    What the heck is gonna happen when Irish Whip Wrestling superstar Mandrake and Dublin Championship Wrestling superstar The Ballymun Bruiser lock horns in a Main Stage Wrestling ring?!

The goddamn zombie apocalypse thats what!

Please check out our short movie DEAD EVENT at www.facebook.com/deadevent for the trailer, photos and news of any and all screenings coming up for the ultimate zombie/wrestling extravaganza!

Had the pleasure of seeing this a few nights ago.
    Everyone did a great job on it, it's a really fun short film.

Advertisement