Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

RichyX wrote: »
    Who's organising the last show?

ger murphy is running the last show

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bring Back Celtic Pro Wrestling. CpW

ger murphy is running the last show

Flop!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

311290_252916151406979_167386333293295_870566_5197653_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

The things you miss out on when you go a whole summer with only limited internet. It's an odd little scene. So much happens, but very little ever changes. People will jump to a new group and we'll have some new blow up a year from now. The only thing that ever changes are the letters people wrestle under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

The thing I find mad about the whole lot is that there are about 5 or 6 companies on our little island and for the most part they all get along. When you see things like Scotty Too Hotty and Rhino coming over for some shows or the over 18 event coming up there's relatively no feed back here. When you hear that a wrestler has left a promotion or the promotion is shutting shop there's all sorts of gossip and talk. Its a society fuelled by negativity. Ah well I'll just let everyone know that else where on the scene things are looking very positive. Lots of shows coming up and judging by 2011 so far they all should be great events. Things can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The thing I find mad about the whole lot is that there are about 5 or 6 companies on our little island and for the most part they all get along. When you see things like Scotty Too Hotty and Rhino coming over for some shows or the over 18 event coming up there's relatively no feed back here. When you hear that a wrestler has left a promotion or the promotion is shutting shop there's all sorts of gossip and talk. Its a society fuelled by negativity. Ah well I'll just let everyone know that else where on the scene things are looking very positive. Lots of shows coming up and judging by 2011 so far they all should be great events. Things can only get better.

In fairness, I think it's simpler than that. There's just not that much to say about Scotty 2 Hotty or Rhino. I mean they're big coups for the promotions and will draw and it'll be great for the guys working them...so all a fan can really say is "fair play" or buy a ticket.

There's a tip for promoters in that too: it's not just the name you throw out there, it's how you build it. If you sell it in a way the fans will discuss, then it'll keep getting bumped back to the top of their agendas and minds. That was one thing DCW did well to their credit with their videos.... Though whether they meant it that way or not is another story.

Whereas when people are having nervous breakdowns, attacking ringposts, calling out fans, slating their own wrestlers, destroying their life savings by getting drunk and attacking their roster...then that's just funny and makes for better discussion.

I wouldn't take it personally or as if people are feulled by negativity. Still worth your while posting as normal. Eventually it pays off as you know yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-8Sxlvh16s

Such a great video! Phil Boyd is a genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-8Sxlvh16s

Such a great video! Phil Boyd is a genius!

Haven't laughed that hard at a youtube video in a long time. Brilliant :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

so with DCW closing, they had their training gym around town, and FFPW has theirs in dublin but kinda far away; are there any other wrestling training facilities in dublin? preferably close to town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

jaykhunter wrote: »
    so with DCW closing, they had their training gym around town, and FFPW has theirs in dublin but kinda far away; are there any other wrestling training facilities in dublin? preferably close to town?

There's also Main Stage Wrestling Training Academy, based in Crumlin Dublin 12. Its only about 10-20 mins from the city center.

MSW and FFPW are the only two schools in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW ended Ireland's longest ever summer schedule with just under 30 shows covering every Province in Southern Ireland! In that time they were covered in both national & local papers, local radio & even a brief piece on UTV! The Supermodel & Mandrake both retained their titles successfully while the likes of Captain Rooney, Tat2Charlie, Skaterboi Jeebus & TJ Meehan continued to impress & IwW's latest star Justin Slammin showed promise in his debut outings! Thanks to all the fans who continued to support us!

Portlaois Charity show for the Easy Rider Charity

Captain Rooney pinned Paddy Whack

TJ Meehan defeated Tat2 Charlie

Mandrake retained his Zero Gravity Championship against Skaterboi Jeebus

Captain Rooney, Tat2 Charlie & Skaterboi Jeebus overcame Mandrake, TJ Meehan & Paddy Whack

Offaly

Skaterboi Jeebus defeated Paddy Whack

Mandrake retained his ZG Title in a Triple Threat Match against Justin Slammin & Tat2 Charlie

The Supermodel retained his IwW Interantional Championship against TJ Meehan via DQ

TJ Meehan won a 7 Man Rumble

Belfast

Skaterboi Jeebus overcame Tat2 Charlie

Captain Rooney pinned TJ Meehan

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Championship against TJ Meehan via DQ

Late Show

Skaterboi Jeebus beat TJ Meehan

Mandrake pinned Tat2 Charlie

The Supermodel retained his IwW Interantional Championship Captain Rooney

Captain Rooney, Mandrake & Skaterboi Jeebus overcame The Supermodel, TJ Meehan & Tat2 Charlie

2vs2gkk.jpg

This is apparently lead to the puppet video being created, and it appears talent are pulling out of the last stand show all ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxE-3Y3vd4c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

TandL wrote: »
    There's also Main Stage Wrestling Training Academy, based in Crumlin Dublin 12. Its only about 10-20 mins from the city center.

MSW and FFPW are the only two schools in Dublin

I think you will find FFPW is in Wicklow. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Technically the Fight Factory is in Bray County Wicklow. However it is a 2 minute walk for the Dublin border. Bray is classed as 'The Greater Dublin Area' as it is served by Dublin bus and the DART. It is also on the M50 the road known as the Dublin Bypass. Besides all that where a wrestling gym is situated really shouldn't matter to someone who is serious about becoming a pro wrestler. We have had trainees come from as far as Letterkenny and Cork every week in the past. I myself come from Kildare when I started out it was a train and two busses every sunday my journey would start at 8 in the morning I trained and was home at 11 at night. Kids these days are spoiled. I also used to walk to school in my bare feet in the snow but thats a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 teejbutch

I'm visiting Dublin from the US and was wondering if anyone can post some more information on the DCW Last Stand show. Is there any drinking allowed? how many matches will there be? Thanks for anyones help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Technically the Fight Factory is in Bray County Wicklow. However it is a 2 minute walk for the Dublin border. Bray is classed as 'The Greater Dublin Area' as it is served by Dublin bus and the DART. It is also on the M50 the road known as the Dublin Bypass. Besides all that where a wrestling gym is situated really shouldn't matter to someone who is serious about becoming a pro wrestler. We have had trainees come from as far as Letterkenny and Cork every week in the past. I myself come from Kildare when I started out it was a train and two busses every sunday my journey would start at 8 in the morning I trained and was home at 11 at night. Kids these days are spoiled. I also used to walk to school in my bare feet in the snow but thats a different story.

Agreed. It always used to wind me up when you'd hear people moaning that it wasn't right on their doorstep. Especially when you read stuff like Mick Foley having to sleep in a car every weekend to train. And I spoke to a lot of guys who I trained with (and kept going) who, like myself, had it planned from an early age that the only option to wrestle was to move to America.

If you want it, it won't be a massive hassle with Ireland being such a small country and several facilities open. If you just want to tell your mates you're a wrestler and do nothing to get it...save yourself the time and cash and invest in a life instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

teejbutch wrote: »
    I'm visiting Dublin from the US and was wondering if anyone can post some more information on the DCW Last Stand show. Is there any drinking allowed? how many matches will there be? Thanks for anyones help.

No bar operation, here's details below

Saturday, September 17 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm

Sean O'Casey community centre East Wall, Dublin

Rumble for the DCW Heavyweight Championship

DCW Heavyweight Championship Match
    Irish Dragon (c) v Ballymun Bruiser

Last Man Standing Match
    LA Warren v Working Class John

card subject to change

Another show for youtube "Wrestlezone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_HUkjaFaag

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

just fyi mark "WrestleZone" is also the name of the bullshít phoney wrestling event last year that swindled some boardsies/irish out of a good lot of money by Alan and his croney Wayne.

Forgot about that dam have to think another name lol :eek:

its also a name for a really good news site, wrestlezone.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    its also a name for a really good news site, wrestlezone.com
    Come on now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

jaykhunter wrote: »
    just fyi mark "WrestleZone" is also the name of the bullshít phoney wrestling event last year that swindled some boardsies/irish out of a good lot of money by Alan and his croney Wayne.

Was that the convention thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

It was yeah, the guy is now swindling Dart fans.
    Friend of mine who runs Dart events was telling me about him, asked if
    I knew him because he was telling people that he ran a sucessful wrestling meet & greet and wondered if I had been to it or knew about it!
    I linked him to the posts on here about the event! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Matches announced for Poetryslam 2!
    3 massive matches are now set for No Limit Wrestling's 'Poetry Slam 2' .

Sean 'Maxer' Brennan Vs. Jordan Devlin

In his first match back in Ireland since his successful tour with Zero-One in Japan, Jordan Devlin will compete against Ireland's wrestler of the year 2010 (as voted for by Boards.ie'ers) and former No Limits Champion Sean 'Maxer Brennan. This is sure to be a wrestling classic.

Dunkan Disorderly Vs. OMEN

These two wrestlers will face off once again at Poetry Slam 2 in what is sure to be another top quality match. Both competitors will want a massive win with the NLW 5th Anniversary show just around the corner in Naas on the 25th of September.

Danny Butler Vs. Justin Shape - DEAL OR NO DEAL MATCH!

In a rematch from Poetry Slam 1, Danny Butler will face Justin Shape in a first for Irish wrestling - 'a deal or no deal match'. The ring will be equipped with 4 red boxes, each over one corner post. The concept is simple each box has a mystery weapon, knock down your opponent, open the box, use the weapon! What will be in store for Butler & shape come the 10th of September.

Theses 3 matches plus

Phily The Kid & Luscious Lucy Vs. John Jennings & Katey Harvey

Bonesaw Vs. Tucker

• 'No Limits' Champion Paul Tracey
    • Kasey Owens
    • Andrew Patterson (from Holland)
    • plus many more...
    PoetrySlam 2 is live from 'The Complex' in Smithfield square, Smithfield, Dublin. 1 (opposite Smithfield Luas stop) at 8pm, Saturday the 10th of September.

If you can spread the good word. It's going to be full so get there early. And it's BYOB...all for only €10! Food's on sale too. There'll be Tandoori ovens cooking the best chicken wings you ever chewed on, so don't spoil your appetite.

Give this the thumbs up and receive a complimentary bottle of Heineken at the show.

Whoever shows up at the show with the best sign will receive another 5 bottles of Heineken free.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

To receive your FREE bottle of Heineken. Just walk up to Phily The Kid or Justin Shape at the show and quote the special promotional phrase: ''Gimme my beer now''. And we'll hook you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kenshiro

DCW The Last Stand is a great idea. Chance for the people who lost out due to to backstage fallout to get some closure and hopefully walk away happy. Roll on September 17th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

A 1 off show for closure? How is Ger Murphy, who admitted he was just the booker, able to get the DCW ring for this show when Mark Savage, who was the business partner of Dave Long, couldnt get it for the Heatwave show? While I wish the guys doing the show all of luck, I just find it a little suspicious.

Advertisement