Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭deisedude

Actually thats an interesting point. Can see a lot of people possibly showing up at the wrong venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The_Pain

I need a wrestling club for my son 14 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Celtic championship wrestling have 2 schools in cork aswell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

The_Pain wrote: »
    I need a wrestling club for my son 14 years old

CCW Pro Wrestling Academy based at RB Fitness Centre, Cork City is the biggest wrestling school in the South of Ireland. We train every Tuesday and Thursday 8-10pm and have a good number of trainees your sons age already. For more info email us at ccwrestlinginfo@gmail.com. Or personal message us on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/celticchamp wrestling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 WVLuke

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Celtic championship wrestling have 2 schools in cork aswell

No ccw only have one school. The other one used to be affiliated with ccw, it is now Premier Pro Wrestling Academy and is affiliated with Premier League Wrestling.
    Classes are Tues 7-9 and Sunday 12-4, head trainer is Ross Browne.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Premier League Wrestling? Feck sake, it's getting to the stage where there's nearly as many promotions as there are wrestlers in the country.

robvondoom wrote: »
    Premier League Wrestling? Feck sake, it's getting to the stage where there's nearly as many promotions as there is wrestlers in the country.

More wrestling for everyone :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So happy that the Hairspray on a Pole has surfaced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm sorry for the deletion of posts but...

We have had enough "feuds" on the threads before, personal issues between promoters, wrestlers or whatever shouldn't be aired here. People from the Irish wrestling scene used to post here far more frequently in the past but such issues not only caused that to stop but meant that this stopped being a stickied thread and had to be locked many times before (or at least the previous version of the thread). I have always wanted us to have a place to talk about Irish Wrestling and where info can be gotten about Irish wrestling thats why throughout my years on boards I have always either said as much or insured that this thread wasn't just gotten rid of but its sad as I would love to see it active and those people posting again so please lets not go personal folks

• Advertisement

Ya makes sense. Wasn't meant to be a 'feud' anyway, just turned that way. Apologies. So wrestling huh :p

We have had enough "feuds" on the threads before, personal issues between promoters, wrestlers or whatever shouldn't be aired here. People from the Irish wrestling scene used to post here far more frequently in the past but such issues not only caused that to stop but meant that this stopped being a stickied thread and had to be locked many times before (or at least the previous version of the thread). I have always wanted us to have a place to talk about Irish Wrestling and where info can be gotten about Irish wrestling thats why throughout my years on boards I have always either said as much or insured that this thread wasn't just gotten rid of but its sad as I would love to see it active and those people posting again so please lets not go personal folks

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

WVLuke wrote: »
    More wrestling for everyone :-D

I really don't see it that way mate. Hits me more like a dilution of what talent, resources and potential audience there is here. There are several companies running various British cities that regularly bring in highly skilled talent from the US indies and Japan. It's ridiculous to me that at least one such company can't operate in this country and tour the likes of Dublin, Cork, Galway etc. Instead we have Devitt getting booked in the arse end of nowhere because "he's a very busy man" and the occasional jacked up loser who's on the show because he managed to keep out of trouble long enough to have what he refers to as a WWE career. Think it's about damn time the people who know how and the people who can afford to from each of these so called promotions get their act in gear, put their egos aside and work together to put a proper scene together.

If TN feckin A can draw hundreds or more to the national stadium then there is clearly a market there to be exploited. I'd much prefer spending €30 - €40 for a ticket to a decent show and €20 for travel rather than £20 on a ticket and €100 travelling to and from the UK.

Ya I know what ya mean. All comes down to politics.
    I dunno man, all I wanna do is wrestle ha ha

The only dirt we care about is whether Devitt is signed with WWE. Someone break from the shadowy cabal and Fergal's confidentiality agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I miss Conor Hurley :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Speaking of "jacked up losers" from WWE, did anyone go to the MSW show in Drimnagh with Chris Masters?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Sirsok wrote: »
    I miss Conor Hurley :(

WE ALL MISS CONOR.

Celtic Championship Wrestling present its biggest show of the year Revolution Sunday June 1st 2014 (Bank Holiday weekend) at Glen Rovers GAA Club, Cork City.

THERE WILL BE 3 HUGE TITLE MATCHES ON THE NIGHT!!!

Tickets are 12 euro Adult / 10 euro Child and are available NOW at entertainment.ie and also for direct purchase at ''The Ticketmaster Kiosk'' Merchants Quay Shopping Centre'', Cork City.

Doors will open at 18:30. Belltime 19:00.

LET ''THE REVOLUTION'' BEGIN!!!!!!!

Go to our facebook page for all the details and latest info.

Unfortunately we are currently unable to post URL's/images.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Moved to the Irish Promotions thread. Please do not make new threads - all Irish Promotions go in the Irish Promotions thread. There is already a CCW representative here, are you the new representative?

Jaykhunter I am still the Representative. This was one of our trainees trying to help promote our upcoming show. Apologies for any inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Haven't seen it mentioned (which probably means that I just haven't seen it), but the Bleacher Report did a piece on IWW's on WWE.

I'd link it, but I'm not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Sin Eater wrote: »
    Haven't seen it mentioned (which probably means that I just haven't seen it), but the Bleacher Report did a piece on IWW's on WWE.

I'd link it, but I'm not allowed.

Why can't you link it? Would be very interesting to read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why can't you link it? Would be very interesting to read

New boards wide rule that you cannot post links or images until you have 50 posts. Its to discourage spam apparently.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2075178-examining-irish-whip-wrestlings-influence-on-wwe

Bit of silly article acts like the Foreign Legion was around for a while and that Barrett had a lot of matches there.

CCW presents its annual biggest show of the year Revolution 2014 at Glen Rovers GAA Club. It promises to be an unforgettable night of action. 16 wrestlers/ 7 matches/ 3 title's.

Shows on this Sunday June 1st. Tickets are 12 euro Adult / 10 euro Child and are available NOW at entertainment.ie and also for direct purchase at ''The Ticketmaster Kiosk'' Merchants Quay Shopping Centre''.

There will be a full bar service available on the night.

Matches Announced:

Irish Junior Heavyweight Championship Match:
    Manic Mac (c) v The Fabulous Nicky

Irish Tag Team Championship Match:
    The Wood Bros (c) v NBK

Katey Harvey v Siren

Lycan v Karl Brien

CCW Heavyweight Championship Match:
    JC Williams v An opponent to be announced on the show

Also on the show will be ''The Celtic Tiger'' Blake Norton, The Executioner, DOC, Xavier Burns and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

CCW presents its annual biggest show of the year Revolution 2014 at Glen Rovers GAA Club. It promises to be an unforgettable night of action. 16 wrestlers/ 7 matches/ 3 title's.

Shows on this Sunday June 1st. Tickets are 12 euro Adult / 10 euro Child and are available NOW at entertainment.ie and also for direct purchase at ''The Ticketmaster Kiosk'' Merchants Quay Shopping Centre''.

There will be a full bar service available on the night.

Matches Announced:

Irish Junior Heavyweight Championship Match:
    Manic Mac (c) v The Fabulous Nicky

Irish Tag Team Championship Match:
    The Wood Bros (c) v NBK

Katey Harvey v Siren

Lycan v Karl Brien

CCW Heavyweight Championship Match:
    JC Williams v An opponent to be announced on the show

Also on the show will be ''The Celtic Tiger'' Blake Norton, The Executioner, DOC, Xavier Burns and others.

Is Pa reffing? I'll only go if Pa's reffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

rovert wrote: »
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2075178-examining-irish-whip-wrestlings-influence-on-wwe

Bit of silly article acts like the Foreign Legion was around for a while and that Barrett had a lot of matches there.

To be fair, Barrett got his start with ASW through his time in IwW, and that changed his career. He was very green when he started with us. Lovely guy who I was happy to see succeed on personality alone, but you saw him back then and thought, "He's got the look but...mehhhh..." If he hadn't gone to IwW, he may not have got the link to Dixon and may not be where he is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

rovert wrote: »

I had no idea Pierre was over there too.
    Good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

There's a funny video on YouTube of him doing his gay innuendo gimmick that he worked for like one show over here in a WWE tryout. Has everyone there watching in knots, it's well worth a look.

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair, Barrett got his start with ASW through his time in IwW, and that changed his career. He was very green when he started with us. Lovely guy who I was happy to see succeed on personality alone, but you saw him back then and thought, "He's got the look but...mehhhh..." If he hadn't gone to IwW, he may not have got the link to Dixon and may not be where he is today.

That's fair but I don't think the author knows that.
    RichyX wrote: »
    I had no idea Pierre was over there too.
    Good to hear.

Unless I am wrong and he wrestled on minor shows that no one documented he for years and years didn't wrestle at all - Becky Lynch style. He showed up in July 2013 around the time the Performance Centre opened.

Advertisement