Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NWA Ireland

NWA Ireland 10 Year Charity Re-union Event.

This event will be presented by Ballywaltrim Youth Project at Ballywaltrim Community Centre, Boghall Road, Bray, Co Wicklow on Thursday October 3rd at 7pm (Doors 6.45)

Admission is just 8 Euro. 50% of the profits will be donated to Crumlin Childrens Hospital and the other 50% will go towards Youth Activities at Ballywaltrim Youth Project in Bray. Please come along and support !!

Card so far -

Two former NWA Ireland Wrestlers who are now leaders of two current Irish Wrestling Schools will go one on one .....
    'The Inve$tment' Ross Browne V Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd

Two teams who formerly held the NWA Ireland Tag Team Titles on multiple occasions will collide .....
    Team Mega (Danny Butler and Justin Bred) V The Finglas Hooligans (Robbie Morrissey and Keith Loughman)

Old School V New School Grudge Match .....
    Adam Abz V Jordan Devlin

Triple Threat Action from three of the best Cruiserweights to Ever come through NWA Ireland ......
    Sean 'Maxer' Brennan v Carl 'Shooter' O'Rourke V Paddy 'Suicide Machine' Morrow

Team Ireland Collide for the first time ever in Ireland
    'Lord of the Manor' Paul Tracey V Prince Devitt

More matches to come ! Please come along and support if you can !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 WVLuke

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Great stuff! Well-edited, paced and a very positive story. Only quibble is the audio levels. It struck me as odd how most of them refer to WWE as WWF, and at around 24mins, when Ken (the filmmaker) tried to wrestle, the guy went all "I'm gonna put this greenhorn in his place" and doggedly went for an arm bar, and then the "aw shake my hand" afterwards. I thought Ken mistakenly went to an amateur wrestling gym before he started taking back bumps. Ross Browne (the head trainer) reminded me of Triple H on Tough Enough, pushing the seriousness of athleticism & dedication in wrestling. The interviews & anecdotes were quite interesting.

Overall I'm very impressed. Tell you brother well done, excellent work! Very sleek package.

as someone who was there I must say the film maker volunteered to be involved in the grappling, and also the guy he was against was only a trainee of a few weeks, so there was no "teach this greenhorn" stuff, he just simply beat him with an armbar...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

That NWA card is class, take my money now!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mad Man Mason is on Twitter now:
    @madmanmanson

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

Don't miss it!

554549_177198682465830_1908990034_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lyric FM doc on Irish Wrestling:

http://culturefilepod.tumblr.com/post/62709616571/if-youre-going-to-wrestle-make-it-an-irish-bout
    If you’re going to wrestle, make it an Irish bout. Culture File meets the roadshow that’s bringing local wrestling heroes, Duncan Disorderly and The Lord Of The Manor to the towns and villages of Ireland.

As you would expect but a fun listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW Results

Meath

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his Zero Gravity Championship against Cambo Cray & TJ Meehan in a 3 Way Dance

Captain Rooney beat The Galway Grappler

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship against Aaron Idol

Aaron Idol won a 7 Man Royal Rumble

Dundalk

Captain Rooney won a #1 Contenders Match

Mortis The Clown beat Mike Ryan

CAPTAIN ROONEY PINNED THE SUPERMODEL TO WIN THE IWW INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his ZG Title against Cambo Cray in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match

makvsx.jpg

24az6di.jpg

www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling
    www.youtube.com/irishwhipwrestling
    www.irishwhipwrestling.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his Zero Gravity Championship

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship

How long have these two (respectively) been champions? Must be at least 2 years each.

Charisteas wrote: »
    How long have these two (respectively) been champions? Must be at least 2 years each.

It has actually! Supermodel won his title in Apr '11 & Jeebus won his in November I believe of '11 too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Celtic Championship Wrestling present Munster's first ever over 18's wrestling show live from Savoy Cork. Featuring the top wrestlers in the country and a show where anything is likely to happen. After the events of the last show and the actions of certain people we feel an over 18's show is the only possibility without getting sued.

Tickets available at: http://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/celtic-championship-wrestling-riot-savoy-theatre-cork-29-November-2013/WU6WQ

The main event has been confirmed as Ross Browne (former NWA Ireland tag champion and as seen on RTE's The Fear) will face CCW heavyweight champion Bingo Ballance and the match will be a title defence. And the loser has to leave CCW FOREVER!!!!

ccw_riot_poster_2013.jpg

Matches confirmed so far:
    CCW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE LOSER LEAVES CCW MATCH
    The Inve$tment Ross Browne VS Bingo Ballance (champ)

TRIPLE THREAT TAG MATCH
    N.B.K VS The Genetics VS ??

Francis Doherty VS Marion Armstrong

No. 1 CONTENDERS MATCH
    Lycan VS JC Williams

KING OF THE MOUNTAIN RUMBLE FOR CCW CONTRACT
    Entrants announced so far
    Handy Sandie from Republic of Telly
    Vaughan Buckley
    Safety Dalen
    Over the top rope elimination until it gets down to the last two. They will then fight to a fall as a singles match.

14 new wrestlers will be making their debut for CCW.

Doors open 6:30pm. Show starts 7pm

For more info LIKE us on facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/celticchampwrestling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Was at the last show in Waterford, good show, nice to see a storyline going on...never heard of Ross Browne before hand but he cut a pretty awesome promo! Event should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I went to the NWA Ireland event tonight and thought it was excellent. It had some great matches and a good crowd. Got to meet Devitt afterwards, a gent of a man. Hope they raised plenty of money and well done to all involved.

2IUBMwhl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Devitt has always been nothing but a gentleman anytime I have met him, he is one of the nicest guys ever and a great wrestler. Shame I missed the show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Brilliant show, a bargain at €8 - Can't believe Devitt turned heel at that price, especially in front of the kids!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Brilliant show, a bargain at €8 - Can't believe Devitt turned heel at that price, especially in front of the kids!

He wrestles in his home town once a year and turns heel? I don't really see the logic in that.

What was the attendance like? I missed it unfortunately, but I'll try and get to the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Charisteas wrote: »
    He wrestles in his home town once a year and turns heel? I don't really see the logic in that.

What was the attendance like? I missed it unfortunately, but I'll try and get to the next one!

Exactly he wrestles there once a year, the kids and half the people there won't remember what he did next year. He attacked the actual home town hero Paul Treacy so he could get the win in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

He's normally a heel. He worked a show in Bray back in 2011 as a heel then too

IwW International Heavyweight Champion Captain Rooney was on Dublins Talking Sport with Snooker's Ken Doherty & Rugby's Reggie Corrigan yesterday, the show should be available to download shortly http://www.sunshineradio.ie/on-air/presenters/ken-doherty

www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling
    www.youtube.com/irishwhipwrestling
    www.irishwhipwrestling.com

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Check this out DJ/Comedian/acress Hilary Rose (AKA Handy Sandy from the republic of telly) is making her Debut at the next CCW show.

http://irishnewsreview.net/2013/10/07/republic-of-telly-star-to-battle-for-wrestling-contract/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

NO LIMIT WRESTLING LIVE!

Sunday 20th October, Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Doors: 5.30pm / Show: 6.00pm
    Box Office: (045) 88 30 30
    Tickets: €12

In action:
    ~ NLW Champ Danny 'The Beast' Butler
    ~ NWA International Lightweight Tag Champs 'Big Hangovers' (Jordan Devlin & Shawn Maxer)
    ~ Lord of the Manor Sir Paul Tracey
    ~ Bonesaw
    ~ Philly The Kid
    ~ B-Cool
    ~ And many, many more!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

Reigning CCW Heavyweight Champion Bingo Ballance is hosting a seminar this Sunday with Main Stage Wrestling.

In his latest column, he gives an insight into his own training while also providing some tips and advice for those looking to step into the squared circle.

http://irishnewsreview.net/2013/10/29/the-ballance-sheet-6-the-training-factor/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Robjeremy

Fairly clichéd article ya got there . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

ATTENTION ALL WRESTLING MARKS NATIONWIDE

ITS TIME TO GET UP OFF YOUR ASSES AND INSTEAD OF JUST TALKING AND BITCHING ABOUT IRISH WRESTLING, ATTEND AN ACTUAL SHOW.

YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED

No matter where your from get down to The Savoy Cork City, Fri 29th November, Doors 18:30, Belltime 19:00. Tickets available from tickets.ie http://tickets.ie/event.aspx/celtic-championship-wrestling-riot-savoy-theatre-cork-29-November-2013/WU6WQ

Or if your from Cork you can get them from ''The Ticket Kiosk'' Merchants Quay Shopping Centre, Cork City

ccw_riot.jpg

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/535046746574868/

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

I've always wondered. How come there are very rarely shows in Dublin City? They always seem to be on the outskirts or down the country. Surely there's a huge market in our own capital city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Decobuzz wrote: »
    I've always wondered. How come there are very rarely shows in Dublin City? They always seem to be on the outskirts or down the country. Surely there's a huge market in our own capital city.

Costs more, plus there's no in-built market ready to go like the suburbs so you have to spend much more to advertise. Local wrestling is just that: local. It sells by getting people in a community talking. You could run a big show in Dublin City but with so many promotions around competing for a small market of people it's difficult to run these shows anymore. I doubt anyone would have the capital there and ready to risk it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

Just came across an ad for this crowd in a newspaper. It says they have former wwe wrestlers.

anyone know who they are.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Best asked in the independent wrestling thread! Moving there.

Decobuzz wrote: »

MSW run most of their shows in Dublin, normally one a month or every 6 weeks, next one is in Finglas on December 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JumpingNothing

leggo wrote: »
    Costs more, plus there's no in-built market ready to go like the suburbs so you have to spend much more to advertise. Local wrestling is just that: local. It sells by getting people in a community talking. You could run a big show in Dublin City but with so many promotions around competing for a small market of people it's difficult to run these shows anymore. I doubt anyone would have the capital there and ready to risk it tbh.
    A central place like Dublin is the only place to attract diehards though. I was just at Revolution Pro's show in London. There were a lot of big names on the card (Tanahashi, Devitt, Colt, Bret Hart, Ricochet, Elgin and Richards) as well as a lot of the promotion's homegrown talent to work with them. Because it was in London, we met fans there from all over the UK and Ireland.

They only run those London shows like twice a year and spend the rest of their time running local talent (with the odd indie star) in small towns around the southeast of England. Their model seems to be to use the big cities to get eyes on their talent, tape a few marquee matches, and then run their tour shows with fewer international stars and less overhead.

Big platform shows in central locations would seem to be to be an important part of increasing the company's profile at a local level and to make homegrown stars look like a big deal. I think an Irish promotion that wants to tour nationally could take a page out of their playbook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with the model. It's been run successfully before here (I helped in running it sure), but just giving a probable explanation why it's not been done right now. Hopefully someone can pick the ball up again and make it work, but at the same time I don't blame promotions for being cautious in times like these.

Advertisement