Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

1909192939496»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

The energy in the crowd last night was a lot lower than i expected. The odd eruption but during the matches it was very tame and quiet. Felt like the main event wasn't the most well booked storyline but I'm happy for Sammy and intrigued where the story is going to go from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Stadium show was fine I suppose.

Highlights for me were:

Dan Moloney was great, first time seeing him

4 way was great

Hot dogs never disappoint

Santino was a lot of fun, he seemed to get the only proper chant of the night too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was at the show the other night, had fun in spite of all the reshuffling. Still gutted about AEW pulling Mox from the show, but hopefully he gets the all clear to come back in the future.

Did feel weird having Sammy being a face in the main event, when the rest of the Draw were still quite clearly heeling it up the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm intrigued to what they do with the draw now. Turn them all face? maybe have 0121 (Omari, DeReiss, Moloney and Leon Slater) be the invaders of ott and the draw the protectors? Have sammy turn face properly and have him start clashing with the rest of the draw?

Heading to Grand Slam Wrestling tomorrow with the kids. Anyone know what to expect? I'm thinking I will need a sufficient amount of alcohol to endure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭jamieon

I would have thought so regarding the alcohol ! Nice introduction to wrestling for the kids though. How did it go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anyone know who's behind that Grand Slam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The poster is very Steve Muldoon/Wrestling.ie, no idea if he's still promoting or not.

It was good fun. One of the guys from the tag team 2 unlimited were on the card. Kids had good fun. The mad man from Japan gave me a laugh, very 80's wrestling racism lol.

Boots Murphy was on the card too, he was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

The ott podcast with Joe talking about ScrapperMania was great. Outright said Eddie was lying about having covid and hoped mox would come before the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Eddie Vs Damo announced, Eddie gets "COVID" but weirdly deletes his twitter.

Called it!!!

Went to OTT in kfrc tonight. Was here few times before but first time for an all ages show. I been to OTT all ages shows before never really a problem with the kids, but today was different.

It's was sadly our section large groups of kids,parents don't care. Jumping around, screaming in people's ears, throwing stuff etc.

When the ladder match came around. I just stood at the back to watch it and left when it was over.

There where only a couple matches after that so didn't miss much.

Won't go to all ages one again there.

Friend told us that it was kinda OTTs fault too, with the kids, they encouraged them to throw toilet roll at BDE so they then thought they could do it for the rest of the show throwing stuff into the ring. Got them all riled up.

Never had any issues at all ages contenders shows in the past.

Yeah that was a factor. Also only two event staff trying to keep them under control. Of course if you where a decent parent and your child was told to sit down and behave you would get involved but they were busy at the bar.

Our section was the worst. We where asked by one of the parents if we wanted to move up as she said " I can't really stop my kids running around and jumping on chairs" I mean you could try.

Again plenty of well behaved kids and no issues in previous all ages shows.

Tickets booked for Sept and Oct shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

OTT was better when it was just over 18 shows imo, though obviously they make more cash having kids there etc so i cant blame them for doing it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kenta added to the Wolverhampton and National Stadium shows

Great show last night. Liked the new place better then the complex even do it cost me more to get there.

The interactive and win cash match was one half of the crowd got a pink raffle ticket and the other half blue.

During the match between Robbie x and man like deress, Robbie was blue and MLB was pink. Whoever won someone with the corresponding coloured ticket would win 420 euro.

I had MLB and never wanted someone to win so much as needed the money. He did but pulled someone else's number out.

Roll on Stadium show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Only 35 I hear. Too young. Rest in peace.

He is one guy who I always expected to be a name in wrestling. Always thought he would get to ROH or something based on his in-ring skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭ThePott

LJ Cleary is making his way over to Pro Wrestling Noah in Japan.

Knew he was off somewhere when he dropped the RCW title so quickly, unreal opportunity for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

FFPW Claiming grapple games is LJ's final Europe show on September 29th

You'll imagine he'll drop Hard Knox there. no HKPW show until October

Dunno. Otherwise they'll have to strip him of the title. It would be a shame cause Hard Knox have had to strip Terry Thatcher of the belt already.

Bit of an irony of LJ cashing in to get the title in Hard Knox and getting cashed in on in RCW to lose his title.

Tbf if he is finishing in Europe, Fight Factory is the place for him to have his final show.

Also worth noting that they announced today that Grapple Games will have a 'Pay what you can' system for tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

very fitting, and it’s got is travelling from limerick for grapple games

Mighty shame for for HK though

Wonder if Mox will pull out of the OTT show because of the concussion he got. Maybe a lighter schedule or time off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Haven't been to OTT in an absolute age. At this stage I always leave it to see what plans I have. I'm faffing about this weekend and am being drawn to the show by Mox.

Have a feeling it'll be a great show.

Edit: Didn't realise it kicked off so early. All ages show I suppose.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think they originally changed it on the chance Ireland got into the Rugby World Cup final????

Ahh makes sense! I heard it was because of the rugby World Cup but didn't connect the dots that Ireland could have been in the final.

You're absolutely right.

Great show. Selfish but enjoy the early start time. Not many kids around and those that where well behaved.

Sad about ladder match being cancelled but Session moth was injured noting you could do.

Main event was great, b cool delivered and mox was so much fun to see live.

No bad matches really. Wasn't mad about the three way with Trent, Damo and corvin. But they wrestled through a blackout and trent picking damo up was cool.

No mention of shows down the road or anymore big names coming over. Martina mention having the ladder match in December but not sure where ott are booked for in Dec

Title match today in Belfast hope charile wins and we wrap up the draw stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm not familiar with OTT but decided to go and soak in the experience.

I enjoyed it reasonably well, and the show zipped by fairly quickly which was great. I'm not a massive fan of too many multi matches but all were well paced and didn't overstay their welcome. Highlights were probably Zach Gibson, Mox and that little segment between Martina and Debbie, very unfortunate they couldn't do the match.

Staff in the stadium were really good and no hassle at all from what I saw.

I was in a pub before hand close by, and bless the barmen, I don't think they were too happy.🤣

• Advertisement

so enzo amore is next big name they are bringing into ott, whats everyones thoughts

Have to say disappointed. His a name I really won't associated with my company and don't see what vaule he brings.

It was enough of a line up with the rascals and the ladder match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Santa came to me and all my mates bringing tickets to the Rumble show. We were all die hard once a monthers but our collective interest just totally waned after Covid.

We’re all utterly intrigued at the potential of an OTT Royal Rumble. Would love to see B-Cool win it. It’ll be interesting to see who will crop up re: surprises and retro OTT returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chr1st0

So many of the draws for me have moved on, quit or turned out to be bad people since Covid all the Speaking Out stuff. The international talent has taken a dip as well imo, I get they have to rebuild a bit. Covid and Speaking Out was definitely devastating to the indie scene but when some of the hiring have been questionable it gives me pause.

Absolutely delighted for LJ Cleary though getting to go to Noah and Captain Sexsea making a return for the Rumble though is enough for me to think about giving it a look.

Is scarpermaina off this year? Usually around paddy's day and can't see any info for it?

They posted a logo for it before. It's April 20th this year.

Not sure why. I don't really follow OTT but I know they have a Rumble coming up so maybe they're waiting till they have that out of the way to start promoting it.

OK, let time osprey did a show for ott he wanted the stadium for his last ott show before going off into the sunset so to speak. Maybe thats why push itback. You think if doing the stadium do you want to give much time as possible to sell tickets. But maybe after rumble things be clearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jeff Cobb trending on wrestling Twitter today giving a shout out to OTT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If anyone is interested we released our 2019 doc on OTT and The Tivoli on youtube today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

was Anyone at the OTT show on Saturday night see Joe posted they won’t use the venue again heard the first show at red cow reviews where good.

• Advertisement

From what I read there was some issue with the bar where people could get drinks at the bar but not bring it into where the show was on and had to finish them there. Apparently some alcohol license issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Thanks for that wasn’t sure what was happening.

nic nemeth, formally dolph ziggler will be at scrappermania this yeat

danhausen added to scrappermania now too

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jo187

Great show yesterday in the krfc.

Brian Kendrick was the import, hence why the show was called Spankdown. He looked really skinny, the match became a six man at last minute and Kendrick didn't do a lot. He hit sliced bread but his team lost surprisingly.

Kendrick was happy to take pictures with people seemingly for free. Which is much better then Christopher Daniles who 20 years ago charged me a fiver for a picture.

The draw turned on b cool, with Flex and Jay not really being into it. Glad Sammy back as a heel. It took three goes for them to break the table. Poor B cool.

Trent turning heel has been great and given him the shot in the arm that was needed.

Fun match against Man like Deries if the outcome was never in doubt. Fun interaction with an Irish wrestler doing a trent stalker gimmick, think his called Con.

LJ clearly against Dolph Zingler in the stadium.

Missing In action: Kings of the North, Omari and Scotty Davis.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

Does anyone know the name of Renzo Rose's entrance theme music? It's been stuck in my head ever since I heard it - but can't find it anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 19ins90

Hey guys, directed here from Reddit

I was hoping to hit the upcoming 10th Anniversary show as my first OTT event, but I'm not on social media and missed tickets going on sale....

Any advice on where anybody might end up selling or anything? Ideally looking 3

This is going to be like Arnie getting laughed at in the shop in Jingle All The Way asking for Turbo Man .... isn't it?

🤣I responded to you on Reddit.

Tbh the Irish wrestling board on here is quiet enough nowadays. Your best bet is definitely the Facebook groups for OTT/Irish wrestling, if you're not opposed to making an FB account.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1377619705771363/

There's over 1500 members and a chat for ticket sales as well. Worth a shot, I think it would be the best chance you have tbh, best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement