Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

scotchy wrote: »
    About €36k in prize bonds.

Last win €50 on 30th June 2017:mad:

Finally. €50 win this week.

I printed a withdrawal form from the PB site last week:rolleyes:

Suspicious ;)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

scotchy wrote: »
    Finally. €50 win this week.

I printed a withdrawal form from the PB site last week:rolleyes:

Suspicious ;)

Way to much coincidence of this unsupervised private draw.

Kuva wrote: »
    Way to much coincidence of this unsupervised private draw.

Especially as scothy stated that he PRINTED the form, not that he SUBMITTED it- must be telepathy!!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing again this week, this is now the longest period without a win, a full six months, last win 22nd September 2017 €50 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

I'm going to try the withdrawal form printing trick next week!

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im hoping Trump vs China vs the EU turns into a proper trade war with a chance to cash in these joke tickets and pick up a few bargains in the markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'm going to try the withdrawal form printing trick next week!
    Me too. It’s getting ridiculous now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,865 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This week's Prize Bond Draw will be held on Thursday 29th March.

has everyone printed their "Withdrawal Forms"?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Advertisement

After another 'Sorry', I am - genuinely - printing and withdrawing another large batch today. :(:(:(:(:(

Got the sorry message again today. I downloaded the form as I had forgotten it before the draw. Getting seriously sick of it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Good to hear others are bailing out :D

The current batch (€15k) has gone 1 year without a win.

Long overdue winner for me today. As it turns out, if I only held about €6,300 it would have got me €150 in the last six months.

Congratulations you have new winners.

Draw Date

Prize Value

Bond Number

29 March 2018

€50

MC931818

06 October 2017

€50

MC930811

15 September 2017

€50

MC931213

People in the UK go a step further than printing withdrawal forms. They send Valentine's cards to the Premium Bonds random number generator.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-1592070/Premium-Bond-myths-debunked.html

Among the stranger myths are the idea that you can influence the outcome by sending Ernie a Valentine's card or that Ernie (the Electronic Random Number Indicator Equipment that picks the numbers) 'knows how you think'.

First e50 in 15 weeks !!!! :)

On current form my next win will be mid-July.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Me too. It’s getting ridiculous now

It is ridiculous!!! Nothing this week, last win 22nd September 2017, still I live in hope, I dream big, and there is always next Friday.....

The laws of chance can be unfair to some and more than fair to others. This happened in Thursday's draw.

50 OP006028 GALWAY
    50 OP006197 GALWAY

50 YD105822 GALWAY
    50 YD105869 GALWAY

While printing out our withdrawal forms, and invoking other forms of magic, we have to remember that there are 4,161 winners and over 500 million losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

For anyone that's considering withdrawing your funds, I'd be interested to know if you plan to 'invest' them elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Negative_G wrote: »
    For anyone that's considering withdrawing your funds, I'd be interested to know if you plan to 'invest' them elsewhere.
    I would say US ETFs, but since the new year they're off the cards.

The only reason i have any money in pbs is that i will probably need it in the next 2-3 years.

Revenue man:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing for me since the €50 on 19th January on c.€70K. Happy Easter and good luck to you all!

Good luck to all today. I downloaded the withdrawal form last week so let’s see what happens.

I submitted the withdrawal forms last week for 2 batches and guess what ..... nothing, zilch, conspiracy theory out the window :(:(:(:(

hard luck Tuis....are you definitely taking some out?

Yes, I submitted i.e. posted them during the week.

Didn’t work for me either. Nine weeks without a win :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 newtonjo

Checking I can submit a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 12 newtonjo

Hello All     we are UK based and recently were forced to cash in over 100k of bonds,  the Irish authorities insisted I hold a PRSI no (my husband has one) but would not allow me to have one, so the bonds had to be cashed,     total inequality since Irish residents can hold UK bonds,    the return rate on the prizebonds had deteriorated  last win Eu50 last April   total mess, together with the frequent requests for proof of identity (authenticated) it was becoming a nightmare to hold them.  Have invested in UK Prem bonds and won a small prize first month,     I presume it will be a job for Kerry     Had absolutely no problem getting the cash, it was dealt with efficiently

No Joy.
    Weeks since last win: 01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Long time since I posted here..still hang around to see how others get on..

Can't believe I got a cheque this week for €50!!!!

Just checked, it was 2 years and 3 weeks since last winner (8k scattered in small bunches).

I'd gave up :rolleyes:

Advertisement