Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Negative_G wrote: »
    Nothing today.

I think I've asked this before but how quickly does it take for certs to arrive.

My experience to date has been:

Win on friday draw

Following Tuesday - receive notification letter

Following Thursday - receive prize bond cert

My last win was Feb 2nd and I have received the notification letter, but no prize bond cert.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Not really the same situation but we had a win last Friday and received the cheque yesterday ( Thursday). Always received them on a Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I think we will nominate you as the current expert from among us who reinvest. I have had no wins since Oct 6 2017. When I was winning fairly regularly, sometimes the letter and the bond came the same day. More usually a day or two apart, in the week after the draw.

I wouldn't worry about a small delay, and the letter tells you what to do in the event of non receipt of the bond. None of mine were ever lost.

I have only ever had one lost before.

I seem to remember having to send a copy of the letter and some type of ID.

another one was issued, just takes time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

In the good old days, always received the cheque on a Tuesday. In more recent years, now and again received a cheque, usually on a Wednesday. These days - never receive anything :(:(:(:(

In the good old days, always received the cheque on a Tuesday. In more recent years, now and again received a cheque, usually on a Wednesday. These days - never receive anything :(:(:(:(

Sadly, that’s becoming the norm for most of us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭carrickbawn

Had an interesting new experience recently. Went to add some bond numbers to my tracker list. These bonds had been sitting in a drawer for a few years.
    It would not accept the bond numbers and said that these numbers were already registered. Definitely not registered on my list......?.?
    Any ideas as to how this could be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Had an interesting new experience recently. Went to add some bond numbers to my tracker list. These bonds had been sitting in a drawer for a few years.
    It would not accept the bond numbers and said that these numbers were already registered. Definitely not registered on my list......?.?
    Any ideas as to how this could be.

Could someone have registered a block and included yours in the block by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭carrickbawn

I thought that might be a possibility but I’m surprised that every bond registered on there goes on their system I always assumed it was for bond owners information only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I thought that might be a possibility but I’m surprised that every bond registered on there goes on their system I always assumed it was for bond owners information only.

I haven't used the system in ages but I don't remember any error checking so you could only register bonds that you own?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

dosebier wrote: »
    nothing as usual :(

The 50k winner looks like a recent enough bond - well done to them.

Yes certainly very resent bond, the 10k batch I purchased in Septmber 2017 is AIP series, the winning bond today is AIV series, so very resent.

Nothing for me, last win 22nd September 2017, infact I should have just copy and paste your entire post, both are the same, winning nothing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

The info would have to be on their system for it to be able to check your numbers against the winning numbers.

Have you ever won with that group of bonds?

As said it's probably someone mistakenly entering the numbers* but it might be an idea to contact Prize bonds with proof you are the owner of those bonds and ask them to look into it.

*In which case it's clear the Checking database isn't linked to the main Prizebonds database.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

No Joy.
    Weeks since last win: 9

I have two 3 stars in on winning streak this weekend so fingers crossed Marty reaches in and pulls my stub out ;)

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

:(:(:(:(:(

Nothing again this week, it's a long cold chilly winter with no PB cheer, last win 22nd September 2017:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Nothing again for us this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

nothing for me again either :(

Dublin Winner of €50k - ME473204 - by going on earlier posts put this one bought around 2010 or around that time frame.

ah well, at least its friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,118 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Quick question, is the purchase of prize bonds tax deductible?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

retalivity wrote: »
    Quick question, is the purchase of prize bonds tax deductible?
    Wouldnt that just be free money? You could do it every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,118 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Thargor wrote: »

Thought as much! Was looking for an alternative for UK ISA's, saw the wording for prize bonds that was suitably vague around tax. Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 23rd February 2018: €0
    Last win 29th September 2017: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €2500
    2011: €75 x 4 €300
    2012: €75 x 6 €450
    2013: €50 x 12 €600
    2014: €50 x 9 €450
    2015: €50 x 5 €250
    2016: €50 x 5 €250
    2017: €50 x 4 €200
    2018: €0

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭pbwinner

retalivity wrote: »

Thought as much! Was looking for an alternative for UK ISA's, saw the wording for prize bonds that was suitably vague around tax. Oh well...
    Ummm..they're not that vague really! http://www.statesavings.ie/PrizeBonds/Pages/WhyPrizeBonds.aspx
    "Tax
    [font=verdana, sans-serif]In Ireland Prize Bond winnings are not subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) and are exempt from Income Tax, Pay Related Social Insurance and the Universal Social Charge. Prize Bonds are exempt from Capital Gains Tax in Ireland. You may have other tax liabilities depending on your specific circumstances. We would therefore recommend that you consult your Tax Adviser."[/font]

• Advertisement

Nothing for us again this week :(

Back in the Winners' Enclosure this week - 2 X €50 - please come and join me!

Well done Tuis!!!! A double!?! long overdue

Corklass hope your luck changes soon

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

No Joy.
    Weeks since last win: 10

I have spent the entire winter in the Loser Enclosure, last win 22nd September 2017 €50, nothing AGAIN this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

2 X €50 wins for me yesterday. :)

(Previous win- €50 on 12 January 2018)

Well done, might see you there next week:)

First win since last September, €50, it had been so long since I won anything Id stopped checking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

First win since last September, €50, it had been so long since I won anything Id stopped checking...

what are ya checking for?

• Advertisement

Kuva wrote: »
    what are ya checking for?
    To see if I won on Friday, the bond checker updates around lunch time.

Advertisement