Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Did this today its rimmel in rose libertine. I covered it with nails inc save the nail 45 second top coat. Top coat was fab and glossy and it did dry very fast. I am not overly amused with the colour though it looks gorgeous but the tips are starting to wear off already after one day of wear - not sure yet whether the polish or top coat is to blame!

my nails with the colour

nails1.jpg

the nails inc top coat

nails2.jpg

my little nail varnish binge in boots - rimmel in misty jade and rose libertine and barry m coral (havent tried this on yet but it looks fab on my friend)

nails3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 starship

Has anyone used Kiss nail strengthener before? It seems to do the same thing as Sally Hanson ones except its cheaper! Just wondering if it's any good before I decide which brand to buy. Can't find any good (by good i mean detailed, not that all the reviews say its crap) reviews online
    Thanks in advance :)

Here's a pic

Kiss+diamond+hard.jpg
    i use kiss extreme growth, i find it better than the sally hansen

I have that kiss product at home its not bad didn't coat me much. Found mavala scientifique to be the best strengthener of all for my nails though, I wear it under a strengthening base coat (sally hanson or that kiss one)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

hey, would you mind sharing where you bought that please? I LOVE the colour! :D

Of course! I bought it from www.lookfantastic.com
    They have free international shipping at the moment and if you spend more than £15 put in code sunshare15 for a massive £1 off! :D
    That code is valid till 4pm on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hedwig wrote: »
    Two quick questions :)

Where can you get Barry M Shatter effects? and are the essence nail varnishes any good? do they peel/chip easily?

BarryM can be got in Boots. I've certainly seen it in my local Boots.

In my experience, Essence doesn't chip or peel easily. I've had it lasted through washing dishes, washing my hair, fiddling with cameras, clearing out boxes, it certainly gives my Nails Inc polishes a run for their money.

I got about 3-4 days out of it before it chipped on me.

• Advertisement

Ah that's disappointing! The colour is lovely though. Maybe it would benefit from quick drying drops?
    I have no quick drying drops.

I am 100% sure the polish was dry though :( I put on two thin layers I waited until the first layer was dry before applying the second layer.:(

I'll try it again and see, I hope it was just a first bad time.

5854561086_84f2c13752_m.jpg

butter London in Snog. It looks fab on, a glossy, smooth raspberry.

5854008583_1e3e5763c9_m.jpg

P.S. Apologies for the messy application, I've sprained my wrist! :(
    This is beautiful.

Can I ask, was it expensive? Have you a link to where you bought it?

This is beautiful.

Can I ask, was it expensive? Have you a link to where you bought it?

Thanks!
    I got it on www.lookfantastic.com
    It was about €9 which is a little dear I know but it is €15 in debenhams.

Thanks!
    I got it on www.lookfantastic.com
    It was about €9 which is a little dear I know but it is €15 in debenhams.
    Thank you so much :)

Have you got a link to it on the site though? Cause I looked and used the search box but its not showing up (for me anyway) :(

€9 isn't too bad. I paid around £20 for a Nails Inc one on eBay recently :o

Its a limited edition and you have to buy cocktails in some swanky bar in the UK to get it and it wa sone I really wanted so figured I'd pay the high price for it. :o I'm crazy.

Thank you so much :)

Have you got a link to it on the site though? Cause I looked and used the search box but its not showing up (for me anyway) :(

€9 isn't too bad. I paid around £20 for a Nails Inc one on eBay recently :o

Its a limited edition and you have to buy cocktails in some swanky bar in the UK to get it and it wa sone I really wanted so figured I'd pay the high price for it. :o I'm crazy.

I just had a look there, it must be out of stock because I only ordered it last week.

£20? :eek: :D okay I don't feel so bad about €9 now!! :)

Edit: I just sent them a mail thru their site to see if they will be restocking it. I'll let you know what they say.

• Advertisement

I just had a look there, it must be out of stock because I only ordered it last week.

£20? :eek: :D okay I don't feel so bad about €9 now!! :)

Edit: I just sent them a mail thru their site to see if they will be restocking it. I'll let you know what they say.
    I thought it was cause I wasn't looking properly, glad to know its not me lol :D

Hah yeah, I wouldn't normally pay so much for a nail varnish, but this is a one-off :rolleyes::o

Thank you, hope they re-stock it :)

China Glaze - It's Poppin

Without Flash

ChinaGlazeItsPoppin-WithoutFlash.jpg

With Flash

ChinaGlazeItsPoppin-WithFlash.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Did this today its rimmel in rose libertine. I covered it with nails inc save the nail 45 second top coat. Top coat was fab and glossy and it did dry very fast. I am not overly amused with the colour though it looks gorgeous but the tips are starting to wear off already after one day of wear - not sure yet whether the polish or top coat is to blame!

Hey dark Phoenix, I have the same polish should be a post on here with it. Have found the same as you with the tips fading. I have started doing the top coat hours late or even the next day seems to work better, top coat was acting as a remover on the tips.
    Hope this helps :)

Just bought this from ASOS

Illamasqua Top Coat -ASOS £6.50 reduced from £10.00

image1xl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ooh didn't realise ASOS delivered Illamasqua to Ireland (they don't deliver OPI, so I thought it would be the same). You've sent me down a dangerous path Purple_Bobbin :D So many pretty colours...

Ooh didn't realise ASOS delivered Illamasqua to Ireland (they don't deliver OPI, so I thought it would be the same). You've sent me down a dangerous path Purple_Bobbin :D So many pretty colours...
    ASOS only deliver these two OPI products to Ireland :(

O.P.I Limited Edition Britannia Collection

O.P.I Nail Apps

Have fun on the path, I apologise for nothing! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Color Club polishes I got yesterday.

Wicked Sweet
    262254_10150225788662259_833992258_7165805_456407_n.jpg

Raspberry Rush
    264683_10150225788792259_833992258_7165809_5878725_n.jpg

I Always Get My Man-Darin
    264967_10150225788547259_833992258_7165801_1022890_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

first time adding a link so apologies if they don't work!
    Nails Inc, Warwick Way, with and without flash.

Just bought this on ASOS. It went out of stock earlier when I went to get it, glad it's back in stock.

Illamasqua Nail Base Coat - ASOS £6.50 recuded from £10

image1xl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Literally found this thread half an hour ago and have just read through every post! Worst thing I've ever done 'cos I know every cent I have in my possession, (which isn't too many at this very moment) will be spent on nail polish!! Can't wait to go shopping now! :D

• Advertisement

Just bought this on ASOS. It went out of stock earlier when I went to get it, glad it's back in stock.

Illamasqua Nail Base Coat - ASOS £6.50 recuded from £10

image1xl.jpg

I've never used illamasqua before, is that nail base really good?

I just bought 8 polishes on asos.com, free international delivery, sure I couldn't pass them by ;)

I've never used illamasqua before, is that nail base really good?

I just bought 8 polishes on asos.com, free international delivery, sure I couldn't pass them by ;)
    I haven't used them either lol :D I hope they're good :P

What polishes did you get? I'm planning to get a few tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

sarah. wrote: »
    Literally found this thread half an hour ago and have just read through every post! Worst thing I've ever done 'cos I know every cent I have in my possession, (which isn't too many at this very moment) will be spent on nail polish!! Can't wait to go shopping now! :D

I haven't worn nail polish in years and this thread kinda makes me want to get some... :cool:

ASOS only deliver these two OPI products to Ireland :(

O.P.I Limited Edition Britannia Collection

O.P.I Nail Apps

Have fun on the path, I apologise for nothing! :pac:

I got a different opi set delivered here last week? It was a mini collection of four polishes (purple, brown, two pinks) I loved it! seems to be sold out now

I haven't used them either lol :D I hope they're good :P

What polishes did you get? I'm planning to get a few tomorrow :D

I got the Rimmel matte effect top coat - it's about half the price of the ones I've seen in Boots. I also got these...

Models Own - Neon Brights Bubblegum Pink
    5859724494_e8692784fc_m.jpg

Models Own - Juicy Jules
    5859724168_78534e71d1_m.jpg

Models Own - Disco Mix
    5859170903_e4acd52f8c_m.jpg

Barry M - Mnt Green
    5859724034_7269776395_m.jpg

Barry M - Pink Flamingo
    5859724258_87e4f4a97d_m.jpg

Barry M - Fuschia
    5859724396_ff4200ea28_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

love the BarryM polishes especially the mint green. WAs thinking about it today but 17 cosmetics had a deal on in Boots buy any two cosmetics and get a nail bar gift bag free. So I bought two nail polishes.

Orange Soda and Sherbet Lemon
    17-Candy-Collection-Nail-Polish-8ml_1041875

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

ry%3D480

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

OPI Nail envy, nail strengthener for sensitive and peeling.

Not really a polish but got this in boots for about €5 think its normally around €10.50.

Really liking it, had acrylics on a few weeks ago and nails are not in best condition, normally brittle anyway! :(

This is helping though! Have 2 coats on and just leaves a nice shine!

img0175uz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Not really a polish but got this in boots for about €5 think its normally around €10.50.

Really liking it, had acrylics on a few weeks ago and nails are not in best condition, normally brittle anyway! :(

This is helping though! Have 2 coats on and just leaves a nice shine!

img0175uz.jpg

Wow your nails look fantastic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Wow your nails look fantastic :D

Thanks!! :D Dunno how though!! They are still kinda bendy, worst idea EVER to get acrylics! :(

Advertisement