Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Obvs not my nails! But today I'm wearing Sally Hansen "Lacey Lilac".

sally%20hansen%20lacey%20lilac%20---deez-nailz---.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Glo Baby Glo!, SinfulColors - Frenzy, China glaze - Flying Dragon, Sinfulcolors - Nail Junkiepolish.jpgnails.jpgnails-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

penneys.jpg

OPI's Last Friday Night, with Penney's Cracked Effect in Blue, & Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (I've had the OPI on a few days & put the crackle on last night - woke up with bits of blue on my hands & face :eek: so hopefully the top coat'll put a stop to that - otherwise Penney's Cracked Effect'll be getting a big thumbs down from me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Haven't seen Penny's cracked effects in the shops! lets us know how it goes Tabitharose..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Oh, good idea!! I'm so painting my nails tonight! Ideally I want them brown, but it seems to be out of fashion as I can't find the shade I had in mind in any shop... I'll probably go for red instead :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

5838960213_cb8576f142_m.jpg

Please excuse the purple smudge on the bottle, I was doing a pedicure in that colour too!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

Currently wearing 17's Mint Choc Chip - a lovely pastel Summery colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

17 Lasting Fix in Pink Graperfruit :)

picked these up in boots today - buy 2 dove deodorant & get a free nails inc polish

nailsinc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

picked these up in boots today - buy 2 dove deodorant & get a free nails inc polish

nailsinc.jpg
    Which Boots? Is this in all Boots?

Have they many colours in the Nails Inc?

• Advertisement

tan11ie wrote: »
    Haven't seen Penny's cracked effects in the shops! lets us know how it goes Tabitharose..

it's a bit nasty tbh - needing top coat to stop transfer and it seems impossible to take off without staining the skin around your nails :confused: that said it wears pretty well lol

Which Boots? Is this in all Boots?

Have they many colours in the Nails Inc?

I read about this on HUKD and tried Nutgrove - nothing - they have it in Dundrum though - there's only the 2 colours available - I'd say try the biggest boots you live near as I don't think the smaller ones'll be any good - the last nails inc promotion that I remember (diet coke last year) was the same ;)

Linky:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-nails-inc-polish-worth-11-with-2-dove-deodorants-boots-voucher-for-1-off-de/958326

I read about this on HUKD and tried Nutgrove - nothing - they have it in Dundrum though - there's only the 2 colours available - I'd say try the biggest boots you live near as I don't think the smaller ones'll be any good - the last nails inc promotion that I remember (diet coke last year) was the same ;)

Linky:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-nails-inc-polish-worth-11-with-2-dove-deodorants-boots-voucher-for-1-off-de/958326
    Thanks so much, my local Boots (Mullingar) is a small store so I don't think they'll have this, but I'll pop into them tomorrow anyway and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

/must go to Boots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Today I have on BARRY M Mushroom!! :D Loving it!!

img0052du.jpg

img0055zd.jpg

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Today I am wearing Essence Trust in Fashion:
    Again, not my lámh :p

essence%2B-%2BTrust%2BIn%2BFashion%2B02.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

5838960213_cb8576f142_m.jpg

Please excuse the purple smudge on the bottle, I was doing a pedicure in that colour too!

My favourite ever polish :D I wear it a lot as it looks nice and goes with just about everything so its perfect for work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

My Collection :)
    Threw out lots recently so have to restock!

DSCF32971600x1200.jpg?t=1308331630

Top: elf "Passion Pink", elf "Fuchsia", elf "Gum Pink", elf "Champagne", Nails Inc. "South Molton Street", Natural Collection "Oyster Pink"

Middle: Dunnes "Yellow", Barry M "Lemon Ice Cream", Barry M "Mint Green" Rimmel Lasting Finish "Green Grass", Rimmel 60 Seconds "Sky High", Barry M "Blueberry Ice Cream", Rimmel 60 Secs "Funtime Fuchsia", Glo Baby Glo "Pinky 'n' Flirty"

Bottom: Maybelline Express Finish "Onyx Black", Rimmel 60 Secs "Blue Me Away", Rimmel 60 Secs "Grey Matter", Rimmel 60 Secs "Purple Reign", Rimmel Lasting Finish "Perfect Plum", Barry M "Berry Ice Cream", Rimmel Lasting Finish "Double Decker Red", Rimmel 60 Secs "Coralicious", Glam "Orange"

:D

Got these today :)

Essenve Red-y To Go
    Essence+C%2526G+47+Red-y+to+go+su_.jpg

Essence Love Of Pink

Essence+Love+of+Pink+57+%25281%2529.JPG

Nails Inc Copacabana 'free' in Boots with two Dove products

SAM_1205.JPG

What is essence nail varnish like? I've never bought it before but some of the colours look quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Novella wrote: »
    What is essence nail varnish like? I've never bought it before but some of the colours look quite nice.

My favourite!! I'd get 3 or 4 days from it, usually do a quick coat over the tips after day 2. But for under €2 you can't go wrong :)

My favourite!! I'd get 3 or 4 days from it, usually do a quick coat over the tips after day 2. But for under €2 you can't go wrong :)

Cool :) Think I'll pick up a few tomorrow then!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

Oh my god I love this.....where have I been.....I love nail polish......One of my favourite things to do is paint my nails........I have so many........In fact I bought a new basket this morning to store my polishes because the old basket I had was too small. :D

My last purchase was OPI black shatter (they seen me coming) it cost €12.50. Can get cheaper one like Barry M for a €5. Stil I love it. I gives a polish a longer life. For instance I also bought Rimmel in Peppermint (LOVE IT) and when it began chipping I painted a shatter coat on it and got a cuple of more days out of my polish.

My favourite color of all time is OPI Linkon park in the dark (Love the name). OPI are expensive but I love the names and the do last a long time with a good top and base coat.

And when in Italy or Spain and come accross a Kiko shore I buy alot of their nail polish.

On my wish list is all the Eeyko nail polishes....Now must figure how to upload pics, going painting my nails with Rimmel in Peppermint!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Today I am wearing Essence Trust in Fashion:
    Again, not my lámh :p

essence%2B-%2BTrust%2BIn%2BFashion%2B02.JPG

Just a little warning on this polish, I removed it this morning and it has stained my nails quite badly. :( My own fault I know for not wearing a base coat, but just thought I'd give a little heads up to other posters who may use it in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Zxc01 wrote: »
    On my wish list is all the Eeyko nail polishes

I adore Eyeko polishes :D:D:D

Lilac Polish for Lovely nails
    249778_10150201861807259_833992258_6929340_4807002_n.jpg

Vintage Polish for Elegant nails
    247672_10150201895907259_833992258_6929759_4306849_n.jpg

Nude Polish for Perfect nails
    246730_10150201938712259_833992258_6929956_1641446_n.jpg

Petite Polish for French nails
    246695_10150201982027259_833992258_6930700_3559264_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I want this thread to be abolished! I bought too many nail polishes I can't afford and don't need today :pac:

I saw these Nails Inc London base and top coats in Boots today, I can't find a link online to show ye. They are special base and top coats, in a cardboard box and were hanging with the makeup brushes. They each do a different thing, wet look nails, prolonged colour, nail strenghtener are a few I can remember. Has anyone seen them or used them? I want to try the nail strengthener base coat but it was €10.50 a bottle and would like to find a review on it first :P

In other nail news if you buy 2 No. 17 products in Boots you get a red and pink nail polish and little heart nail stickers free. I now have them.

I want this thread to be abolished! I bought too many nail polishes I can't afford and don't need today :pac:

I saw these Nails Inc London base and top coats in Boots today, I can't find a link online to show ye. They are special base and top coats, in a cardboard box and were hanging with the makeup brushes. They each do a different thing, wet look nails, prolonged colour, nail strenghtener are a few I can remember. Has anyone seen them or used them? I want to try the nail strengthener base coat but it was €10.50 a bottle and would like to find a review on it first :P

In other nail news if you buy 2 No. 17 products in Boots you get a red and pink nail polish and little heart nail stickers free. I now have them.
    Which Boots were the Nails Inc polishes in?

My local Boots don't usually stock them, nowhere near me does :( So I buy on eBay, you can get a few of them (in a pack) for less than €10 usually. Sometimes postage is extra, sometimes it isn't, it depends on the seller.

It was just my small local Boots. They don't stock the nail polishes, just these special treatment coats that are hung with the other nail treatments. They look good but are a bit dear, start at €8.50.

I got bored again so laid all my nail polishes out nice and took a picture. I did a count, its 58. I have a problem :o I love fads so I have all the Barry M graffiti nail polishes and all the Rimmel scented nail polishes too.

163679.jpg

It was just my small local Boots. They don't stock the nail polishes, just these special treatment coats that are hung with the other nail treatments. They look good but are a bit dear, start at €8.50.
    Ahh I see sorry i assumed they had the coloured polishes too, my local Boots don't have any Nails Inc polishes usually, they do have them for the current offer though. Wonder if it's a hint they might start stocking Nails Inc on a more regular/permanent basis?
    What Rimmel polishes are scented? I never knew they had scented polishes. :eek::o

I have to say the 'free' nails inc polish I got in boots yesterday isn't good quality at all :( My 17 and Natural Collection polishes are much better quality :(

Its a shame cause my other nails inc polishes are much better quality, this one is very watery :( It takes ages to dry and it peels easily :( Its also more of a neon orange than a (hot) coral colour :( Not impressed with it at all. :(

• Advertisement

Here are the scented Rimmel nail polishes. Actually there are 2 new ones I don't own :eek: Must have them. Read in a magazine today that Revlon do scented ones too. I love them, nice colours and a bit of scent. But people don't appreciate when I ask them to smell my finger :pac: Dunno what kind of girl they think I am.

Advertisement