Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Here are the scented Rimmel nail polishes. Actually there are 2 new ones I don't own :eek: Must have them. Read in a magazine today that Revlon do scented ones too. I love them, nice colours and a bit of scent. But people don't appreciate when I ask them to smell my finger :pac: Dunno what kind of girl they think I am.
    Thank you :D I shall have a look in Boots for them :D

Odd, odd people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I saw these Nails Inc London base and top coats in Boots today, I can't find a link online to show ye. They are special base and top coats, in a cardboard box and were hanging with the makeup brushes. They each do a different thing, wet look nails, prolonged colour, nail strenghtener are a few I can remember. Has anyone seen them or used them? I want to try the nail strengthener base coat but it was €10.50 a bottle and would like to find a review on it first :P
    Which Boots were the Nails Inc polishes in?

Boots in Liffey Valley do a decent range of Nails Inc colours as well as the base and top coat duo packs. I have the caviar pack which I just got the other day but haven't opened it yet but I have the caviar top coat from before and I love it! Touch dry nails in 45 seconds.
    I also have the uv top coat. It really makes bright nail polish colours pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 starship

rimmel stronger base coat
    rimmel 619 pulsating
    w7 purple dazzle
    barry m blue glitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I want this thread to be abolished! I bought too many nail polishes I can't afford and don't need today :pac:

I saw these Nails Inc London base and top coats in Boots today, I can't find a link online to show ye. They are special base and top coats, in a cardboard box and were hanging with the makeup brushes. They each do a different thing, wet look nails, prolonged colour, nail strenghtener are a few I can remember. Has anyone seen them or used them? I want to try the nail strengthener base coat but it was €10.50 a bottle and would like to find a review on it first :P

In other nail news if you buy 2 No. 17 products in Boots you get a red and pink nail polish and little heart nail stickers free. I now have them.

In my local boots they don't have nails Inc polishes but have the top and bases. They had those new nails Inc cardboard packaged stuff so I picked up the 45 second top coat for about nine fifty I will let you know how I get on with it! I also went on a little shopping binge and bought three new nail varnishes I did not need (but really really wanted) am blaming you lot for that!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I wore this yesterday.

Essence - Sundancer

263635_10150223282527259_833992258_7140661_6153684_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Asphyxia wrote: »
    That is gorgeous, I must have it. I need it in my life.:o:D

My local Dunnes didn't have it on Friday, I May pop in on Monday and see if they have it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Has anyone seen that commercial for the 2 free nails inc. polishes with the News of the Day? I bought one just to see what it's about and it's the Atomic and OMP! colors, but you'll need 3 tokens and you only get one in each paper.. so you collect them in the coming weeks, and then redeem it at a Tesco's from July 3... Does anyone know which Tesco has nails inc?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think Tesco will get the nail polishes with their delivery of newspapers chickenbutt, since they're a newspaper freebie and nothing to do with Tesco.

I'm collecting them too, I love the colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My nails are in bits. >_< Those 2 coats of gold, followed by Barry M shatter and a top coat has them so dry and brittle. Plus I went bowling yesterday and I always break my thumb nail. Ouch.

Anyway, today I am wearing Models Own in Peacock Green. I can't find a nail file so the shape is rubbish. Grr!

Photo255.jpg

phasers wrote: »
    I think Tesco will get the nail polishes with their delivery of newspapers chickenbutt, since they're a newspaper freebie and nothing to do with Tesco.

I'm collecting them too, I love the colours!
    What colours are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

Has anyone seen that commercial for the 2 free nails inc. polishes with the News of the Day? I bought one just to see what it's about and it's the Atomic and OMP! colors, but you'll need 3 tokens and you only get one in each paper.. so you collect them in the coming weeks, and then redeem it at a Tesco's from July 3... Does anyone know which Tesco has nails inc?
    The mag also has a voucher for a free nails inc. manicure at any beauty spot live event http://beautyspotlive.com/ . I Love nails inc. :D

What colours are they?
    These two...
    P6151044.JPG

This is officially my new fav thread! I am a nail polish obsessive!
    Must reccommend OPI Pirates of the carribean mini collection, £9.99 on amazon
    51ul6lGZd8L._SS500_.jpg
    I'm wearing Planks a Lot at the mo, but Skull & Glossbones and Stranger Tides are my faves! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Today I have Lacura no. 304 (from Aldi) with Barry M Shatter Effect in Black over it and Essence top coat. This is my first time using shatter effect nailpolishes and I'm loving it! I've found that a thicker coat of the shatter effect gives bigger & less splotches and a thinner coat gives smaller & more. Think I prefer the bigger ones.

5849603847_de943b9161.jpg

Nails Inc - Harriet Walk

Without Flash

NailsIncHarrietWalk-Withoutflash.jpg

With Flash

NailsIncHarrietWalk-Withflash.jpg

Nails Inc - Harriet Walk

Without Flash

NailsIncHarrietWalk-Withoutflash.jpg

With Flash

NailsIncHarrietWalk-Withflash.jpg

I love polishes that look black... but aren't!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

I tried Barry M's shatter nail varnish-HORRENDOUS. A couple of nails I didnt apply properly but i dont like the ones i did anyways. It just looks messy and the texture is rough. Maybe the shattered look isnt for me!!!!

I've been using Penny's Glo Baby Glo nail varnish in a darkish pink. Its €2.50. I love it! I've had it on for 9 days and it's only now it needs to be removed. The top coat i used was Rimmel "stronger" (its a pinky colour goes on clear). Really impressed with it. Far surpasses any of my much more expensives ones for sure. Big pink thumbs up!

I just hope i can get it off.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Picked up the Barry M effects the other day. I quite like it so far. I'm wearing it with a W7 bright green nail varnish at the moment, can't remember what the colour is actually called.

09780840284249CD8AD3AAA43901F03F-0000316660-0002384842-00500L-D70DABDB472B4ACCAE782ADBDF12DD21.jpg 8181438B459A48AD918F7C3E969D0696-0000316660-0002384841-00500L-FB7EA85CC3EF495BA75C7498ADECA92F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love polishes that look black... but aren't!

So do I! I love really, really dark reds aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

Got Barry M shatter today!!! yay
    Not sure what the pink I put under is...
    [Embedded Image Removed]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Essence, Ultimate Pink :)

These arrived today, I am very unimpressed with The Colour Club. :(

I put on two thin layers and within an hour two fingers had smudged.

My Eyeko one hasn't budget at all, and it dried very quickly.

The Colour Club - Gimme A Grape Big Kiss

Without flash
    P6200011.jpg

With flash
    P6200008.jpg

Eyeko Coral Polish For Resort Nails

Without Flash

EyekoCoral-WithoutFlash.jpg

With Flash

EyekoCoral-WithFlash.jpg

Has anyone used Kiss nail strengthener before? It seems to do the same thing as Sally Hanson ones except its cheaper! Just wondering if it's any good before I decide which brand to buy. Can't find any good (by good i mean detailed, not that all the reviews say its crap) reviews online
    Thanks in advance :)

Here's a pic

Kiss+diamond+hard.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

nailspink022.jpgnailspink017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Two quick questions :)

Where can you get Barry M Shatter effects? and are the essence nail varnishes any good? do they peel/chip easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Edit: sorry double post!

This is Phoenix St by Nails Inc. It went on lovely and glossy but as it dried it became more matte and I was disappointed with the finished look. :(

5854008627_6d389c6c64_m.jpg

This little beauty arrived in the post today :)

5856856626_5983ca1a17_m.jpg

butter London in Snog. It looks fab on, a glossy, smooth raspberry.

5854008583_6f405fb63e_m.jpg

P.S. Apologies for the messy application, I've sprained my wrist! :(

These arrived today, I am very unimpressed with The Colour Club. :(

I put on two thin layers and within an hour two fingers had smudged.

Ah that's disappointing! The colour is lovely though. Maybe it would benefit from quick drying drops?

Hedwig wrote: »
    Two quick questions :)

Where can you get Barry M Shatter effects? and are the essence nail varnishes any good? do they peel/chip easily?

You can get Barry M Shatter Effects in most Boots and Superdrug. They cost about a fiver each. The only place near me that seems to stock essence is Dunnes, I think it's available elsewhere too.
    I find essence good, they go on well and dry quite quickly, plus they're under €2.00! I haven't worn one long enough to know about chipping but I have heard others say that they last a few days without chipping. Only thing I don't like about them is one of the darker colours stained my nails badly so wear a base coat with them!

• Advertisement

This little beauty arrived in the post today :)

5854561086_84f2c13752_m.jpg

butter London in Snog. It looks fab on, a glossy, smooth raspberry.

5854008583_1e3e5763c9_m.jpg

P.S. Apologies for the messy application, I've sprained my wrist! :(

hey, would you mind sharing where you bought that please? I LOVE the colour! :D

Advertisement