Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Coral & Konad bows on right hand, Khaki & Konad bows on left. Can't wait till I'm able to stamp my right hand in a non-wonky fashion

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h429/missflitworth/bow2.jpg
    http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h429/missflitworth/bow1.jpg
    Gorgeous colours, love the designs.

What Khaki polish was it? I adore Khaki, and only have one Khaki-ish polish, I need more :D

Where did you get the bow stamper? I must have it, it's too cute not to have :D

Putting on Essie Watermelon now, haven't worn it for ages, forgot how much I love the colour.

4247751609_926c6b6863.jpg

Picture from Flick River

Had to take off Essie's Watermelon after what happened, which I still cannot figure out, so now I'm putting on Nails Inc Shoreditch - hopefully the same thing won't happen again.

Nails%2BInc%2BShoreditch%2B1.jpg

Here are two photos of my nails from today, has anyone any idea what might have gone wrong to make the polish change colour?

You can kinda see the purple-ish colour Watermelon kinda turned into.
    [IMG][/img]EssieWatermelon1.jpg

[IMG][/img]EssieWatermelon3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Did the colour in the bottle separate? That happened to a bottle of Nails Inc polish I had. I think Seche Restore is meant to fix it, but I don't know for certain!

Also re: khaki polishes Rimmel do one in their Pro line called Camouflage Chic (I think), and Essie Sew Psyched is a similar colour.

Did the colour in the bottle separate? That happened to a bottle of Nails Inc polish I had. I think Seche Restore is meant to fix it, but I don't know for certain!

Also re: khaki polishes Rimmel do one in their Pro line called Camouflage Chic (I think), and Essie Sew Psyched is a similar colour.
    I have no idea if that colour separated in the bottle to be honest, I gave the bottle a good shake (as I do with every polish before I apply it) and it went on OK, it was only this morning that it changed colour, I didn't notice it before this morning anyway and I would have notice it.

Neither my local Boots or Dunnes have that Rimmel colour, at least, I've never seen it, I'll have to have another look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I've not posted here in ages but I saw this an immediately thought of this thread!

rage-comics-happens-everytime.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

that ALWAYS happens!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

And you always think it won't....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

yeah this is my last purchase for a while :(
    but they look sooo good :p
    barry m pink flamingo images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_Bg7kCK3Rp2tGnN85leATb1gsSkkMeZ3V3hlLMnTGBh39dOql

Barry m raspberry images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaxQC-nj6U-N9k-5fx6wHlQYJYAIOq99kx9RQnmOkwimgUNraD

catrice meet me at coral island images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdPvYZoZ_vZehIqRaRJsE5ZtIJLca9rtBqpUoZqmZixB5696aBog

catrice i wear my sunglasses at night images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZM85plvrr4pJh4ve3nXID9IQe07krSSpm7xwYnLHIDFqnpPmMGw

catrice its rambo no5 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Xs7oaTaHDzEkFJcgqaLZkdIBnKIwkqHXdJFJXYBLCfVTIqINcA

catrice dirty berry images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbTfHZk7jLub_ZvoCryvjAdTdfiFUEv_tvkZEzJQ-MLOrRh5Ge

none of these are my pictures btw :D

I think that is Catrice Mermaiden rather than Wear My Sunglasses at Night. I was rather disappointed with WMSAN I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Saorenza wrote: »
    I think that is Catrice Mermaiden rather than Wear My Sunglasses at Night. I was rather disappointed with WMSAN I have to say.

Yeah I'm wearing IWMSAN at the moment and it's grand but you might as well be wearing plain black really, it doesn't have half the sparkle on that it has in the bottle.

• Advertisement

That's it - I might break it out again and layer more sparkle over it. OK as a black but I bought it for the way it looked in the bottle.

yeh i didn't mind either way as i needed a black but it is really odd that the glitter doesn't translate on the nail at all. i really only got it becasue they are discontinuing it from their line :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

musical.x wrote: »
    yeh i didn't mind either way as i needed a black but it is really odd that the glitter doesn't translate on the nail at all. i really only got it becasue they are discontinuing it from their line :o

Picked up a few Catrice polishes today as well after seeing this post! 4 for €6 :)

Managed to get my paws on a nail polish rack recently .... other than the fact it says Nails Polish Centre I'm absolutely loving it!

IMAG0850.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I really have to get my nail varnish organized!!!!!!! you girls have put me to shame!

Orlee wrote: »
    Picked up a few Catrice polishes today as well after seeing this post! 4 for €6 :)

Managed to get my paws on a nail polish rack recently .... other than the fact it says Nails Polish Centre I'm absolutely loving it!

is it bad that i'm really happy you bought them because of my post? ::o

i love the rack! the only thing i worry about when buying racks is the way sunlight affects the polish so i have to keep mine in a wardrobe :(

is it bad that i'm really happy you bought them because of my post? ::o

i love the rack! the only thing i worry about when buying racks is the way sunlight affects the polish so i have to keep mine in a wardrobe :(

I know, I'm the same. I have it on a wall beside the window so there'll be very little direct sunlight so fingers crossed it might be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Orlee wrote: »

Where did it come from?

I had my Essie Watermelon sitting on the kitchen window for about a week, in direct daylight/sunlight, I wonder is that what happened to it when it went purple-ish? If so, is there any way to fix it, or is it totally ruined?

Wearing Essie Sexy Divide now :) One of my fave colours :)

1885805.JPG

Photo from Make-up Alley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

dsc_0006.jpg?w=326&h=491

I picked this up in Boots the other day, I just love the colour, the effect reminds me of Tiger eye gem stones
    I'm looking forward to showing it off at work tomorrow

If its not on sale in a Boots near you just ask at the counter they just might have it in stock but have no room on the shelf, thats how I got mine :)

I had my Essie Watermelon sitting on the kitchen window for about a week, in direct daylight/sunlight, I wonder is that what happened to it when it went purple-ish? If so, is there any way to fix it, or is it totally ruined?

<SNIP>

Photo from Make-up Alley

i'd be fairly sure that the sunlight caused it to separate muffin. i don't know if there is a way to fix it (never had the problem myself). maybe try adding nail polish remover (2-3 drops) but other than that t could be ruined :(

• Advertisement

WOW! That's gorgeous :)

i'd be fairly sure that the sunlight caused it to separate muffin. i don't know if there is a way to fix it (never had the problem myself). maybe try adding nail polish remover (2-3 drops) but other than that t could be ruined :(
    Is nail polish remover OK to use in polishes? I read somewhere recently that it's bad for the polish and bad for the nails?

Someone here mentioned Seche Repair I think, might look it up and see if it's any good, if it is, I might get it and try it.

That'll teach me not to leave polish on the window in future :( One of my favourites ruined :(

Pythia wrote: »
    Where did it come from?

Tiffanys Nail and Beauty Supplies
    http://www.tiffanynailsupply.co.uk/nail_and_salon_accessories/nail_polish_stands/nail_polish_wall_rack_90_bottles_P4537.html

I've ordered from them a few times and they've been really good :)

Is nail polish remover OK to use in polishes? I read somewhere recently that it's bad for the polish and bad for the nails?

Someone here mentioned Seche Repair I think, might look it up and see if it's any good, if it is, I might get it and try it.

That'll teach me not to leave polish on the window in future :( One of my favourites ruined :(

i never heard it but i suppose its worth a try.
    isn't that seche stuff full of chemicals?
    it was a pretty colour so i hope you can fix it or find a cheap replacement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

People use nail polish remover but it's really not the best way to revive nail polishes. You'll want to use a nail polish thinner which you can find at a place like Sally's Beauty Supply. I don't think it costs too much, plus you only use a few drops at a time so a bottle should last quite awhile. I think Seche Repair is specifically for Seche polishes, but I could be wrong on that (although nothing stopping you from using it in whatever you want). Although, that's going to be more expensive.

Edit: This is what I have from Sally's
    41EbtFVE1IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I am wearing max factor nail polish in diva pink - I like this one much better than the navy one!

2dc72656.jpg

i never heard it but i suppose its worth a try.
    isn't that seche stuff full of chemicals?
    it was a pretty colour so i hope you can fix it or find a cheap replacement :)
    People use nail polish remover but it's really not the best way to revive nail polishes. You'll want to use a nail polish thinner which you can find at a place like Sally's Beauty Supply. I don't think it costs too much, plus you only use a few drops at a time so a bottle should last quite awhile. I think Seche Repair is specifically for Seche polishes, but I could be wrong on that (although nothing stopping you from using it in whatever you want). Although, that's going to be more expensive.

Edit: This is what I have from Sally's
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EbtFVE1IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks so much guys. I'll have a look and see what the reviews say etc.

Am raging with myself now. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Got this on sale today :p China Glaze - Seduce Me
    DSCN0326.JPG
    (pic from google)

I've been in the mood for reds and pinks lately..

Thanks so much guys. I'll have a look and see what the reviews say etc.

Am raging with myself now. :mad:
    at least you know now for next time! thankfully you only had one in the light. imagine losing a whole collection :eek: that'd kill me altogether :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

eek thanks for the heads up guys i will be making sure all my polishes are well away from the windows / sunlight!

I was hoping to ask - can anyone recommend me some nice Zoya colours? Have been looking on ebay and on sites but there are so many colours I don't know where to start - which are trhe most popular?

Advertisement