Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

yea 1 year less in school but I havent got a clue what subjects to do & stressing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

decisions wrote: »
    2 Weeks Left :eek::(:eek:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

MGMTea wrote: »
    :(

Just over two weeks for me. Still don't know how to feel about it all. I want to get back, get my locker and get sorted for classes, but I don't think I have realised that I am now in the Leaving Cert cycle.

anyone doing accounting,chemistry and biology?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Tomas18

yeah I'm doing biology as well as french and history and also chemistry on my own:L (hope i won't give up on it but i am passionate about it)

• Advertisement

yournerd wrote: »

I'm doing Biology, Business, Spanish and Physics. Accounting isn't an option in my year, because only 3 people wanted to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Anyone else find posting in the LC forum wrong. It still hasn't hit me that we are about to start the LC.

decisions wrote: »
    Anyone else find posting in the LC forum wrong. It still hasn't hit me that we are about to start the LC.

Yep! Seems like just yesterday I was a first year who thought the 5th years looked so much older and their work looked impossible. Now I am one, it's a scary thought. And I have to mentor a first year. :eek:

I dont know should I do 2 science :( coz im better at business :/ bu I really want to do something to do with medecine :(

I dont know should I do 2 science :( coz im better at business :/ bu I really want to do something to do with medecine :(

If you want to do medicine, it's best to do 2 sciences. But, I'm doing 2 sciences and business. Are you able to do all three at your school?

• Advertisement

all 3 what ? I dont know but chemistry looks really hard?

all 3 what ? I dont know but chemistry looks really hard?

I meant are you able to do 2 sciences and business? You will probably need the 2 sciences, but you said you were better at business.

Ill see :/ Yes thats the thing. Are you looking to do Medecine?

Ill see :/ Yes thats the thing. Are you looking to do Medecine?

Nope, I won't be doing medicine. Not too sure what I want to do though.

why you botherng with 2 science?

I didn't want to do Art, History, Geography, Home Ec or Music. Also, I like science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

I'm doing all three, The sciences are more interesting,in my opinion than the other subjects on offer.

Just saying..

I'm doing all three, The sciences are more interesting,in my opinion than the other subjects on offer.

I agree, Science is more interesting. But, I was never a big fan of chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Meeeeeee. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I'm doing two sciences - Physics and Biology, I would have liked to have done Chemistry as well but 1. they don't let you do three sciences in my school and 2. I wanted to do Music and French too.

I got my books yesterday. Really is starting to feel like a reality :eek: I cannot believe how big the English Poetry book is! Just for poetry - it's like 400 and something pages long!

• Advertisement

I just dont see the point. whats the hardest subject for LC?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I just dont see the point. whats the hardest subject for LC?

There is no real hardest subject for the LC. If you are really good at maths, you will find Honours Maths, Physics and Applied Maths easy and may get A`s in every test while you may be ****e at languages and barely pass your french exams. It also works vice versa andwith other subjects but I wont go into that. On the other hand, there is some easier subjects such as Ag Science!:p

The reason when someone would pick either 1,2 or even three Sciences is becuase they like Science and enjoy learning about it, not just because they have to do it for College etc. Someone could decide to do two languages (I know someone who does) for the LC also because they like it and know they will do well in them.

but isnt LC all about the points? Like if you did Music but wanted to do Medicine you would choose the least amount of subjects needed to get that course with Music as you know youll do well in it.? Anyways I get what you mean. Thanks for replying :)

I'm doing two sciences - Physics and Biology, I would have liked to have done Chemistry as well but 1. they don't let you do three sciences in my school and 2. I wanted to do Music and French too.

I got my books yesterday. Really is starting to feel like a reality :eek: I cannot believe how big the English Poetry book is! Just for poetry - it's like 400 and something pages long!

I know! The poetry book is slowly becoming my enemy. Also, I have 3 Spanish books! I think the books are the worst part of 5th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

MWick94 wrote: »
    I know! The poetry book is slowly becoming my enemy. Also, I have 3 Spanish books! I think the books are the worst part of 5th year.

3 Spanish books?! Oh my god...that's crazy! I only have one for French and it isn't even that big! Books are, I agree, probably the worst part of 5th year but even so, getting the books is making me look forward to starting!

3 Spanish books?! Oh my god...that's crazy! I only have one for French and it isn't even that big! Books are, I agree, probably the worst part of 5th year but even so, getting the books is making me look forward to starting!

Yeah, the Spanish teachers decided to have one book for the oral, one for the aural and one for general learning. Kind of annoying, because they will want me to use a hardback as well. I like getting the books, but I don't like when I have to use them. Bringing them in at the start of the year is annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

It keeps your options open. At 5th Year level, 90% of you won't have a clue about what course you'll pick come February of 6th Year (CAO closing date).

A piece of advice from someone who has sat the Leaving, you don't need History, Geography, Business etc etc to get into any course.

However, you do need 2 Science subjects or 1 Science and HL Maths to get into Science, Engineering, Medicine, Comp Science etc etc

Keeping up 2 or more Sciences allows you to have the option of dropping to OL Maths but still be able to consider doing Science, Engineering etc.

bscm wrote: »
    It keeps your options open. At 5th Year level, 90% of you won't have a clue about what course you'll pick come February of 6th Year (CAO closing date).

A piece of advice from someone who has sat the Leaving, you don't need History, Geography, Business etc etc to get into any course.

However, you do need 2 Science subjects or 1 Science and HL Maths to get into Science, Engineering, Medicine, Comp Science etc etc

Keeping up 2 or more Sciences allows you to have the option of dropping to OL Maths but still be able to consider doing Science, Engineering etc.

+1

but isnt LC all about the points? Like if you did Music but wanted to do Medicine you would choose the least amount of subjects needed to get that course with Music as you know youll do well in it.? Anyways I get what you mean. Thanks for replying :)
    (Sorry for double post)

Regarding Medicine, you will have to do higher level: maths, english, irish, another language, one science, another science and get an A in all of them to get in. No ifs, no buts.

Although, I am not sure exactly if you need 2 sciences for all colleges. So if you are thinking of doing medicine you will need to do all these subjects at higher level to maximize your points and to have any chance of being accepted. (Think about it. If you get an A2 in all of them which is 90 points that equals to 540 points, and I still think that isnt enough. I think you need around 560+ points but Im not sure.)

Please correct me if I am wrong with any of this.

P.S. You can also do Music on top of all that if you want.

• Advertisement

2 Science hmm.. which is the best?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement