Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Thanks PictureFrame and David1994! My teacher told us to write about 6 poems for that essay so I suppose I'll go for 4 and refer to a fifth maybe.
    I'm going to higher options on the 20th :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Phhh Higher Options.......Options West in Galway is where it's at. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

My school never goes to Higher Options but I was thinking of going up, what really happens at it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

yournerd wrote: »
    My school never goes to Higher Options but I was thinking of going up, what really happens at it though?
    Haven't you heard :eek:..........it's a wild sex orgy to relieve yourself of stress before a long year of study.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

It's my first official day at Limerick tutorial tomorrow.... the nerves are setting in :o

I will probably be the oldest at 27 but I doubt the wisest! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Omg!!! This is so annoying..I cannot sign inot my Eircom Study Hub account :(
    It keeps just saying that I should try sign in on a different web browser but that doesnt work! :/
    Any else encountered this before?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

We're electing our debs committee fairly soon, all the maddiiees want to get on it, I swear to god if one girl gets elected it'll be like an episode of "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Ah what :o

Does anyone know about the ucas system? My career guidance teacher said there's a code to link our application to the school, does anyone know what this is about? Also for predicted grades, do we get them instead of our guidance teacher? Thanks :)
    Had such a lovely day at school, just love all the homework for tonight.. :o

Does anyone know about the ucas system? My career guidance teacher said there's a code to link our application to the school, does anyone know what this is about? Also for predicted grades, do we get them instead of our guidance teacher? Thanks :)
    The code is a "buzzword" so each school registered on UCAS has one, ours this year was assocciated with our name, your guidance teacher should know it, if not try the principal or secretary, I think it's set by the school so they should know it.

As regards to the predicted grades I think you consult each individual teacher on that but I'm not quite sure, I'm open to correction on that score.

• Advertisement

The code is a "buzzword" so each school registered on UCAS has one, ours this year was assocciated with our name, your guidance teacher should know it, if not try the principal or secretary, I think it's set by the school so they should know it.

As regards to the predicted grades I think you consult each individual teacher on that but I'm not quite sure, I'm open to correction on that score.
    Thanks, but I was wondering why you would want to link your form to the school. Is it mandatory?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Thanks, but I was wondering why you would want to link your form to the school. Is it mandatory?

You need someone in your school to write your reference and add predicted grades to your application. When your application is linked to your school, when you send it, it first gets sent to your school so they can do this, and then they send it on to ucas. Your school can also check your application to make sure everything is correct and if not, they can send it back to you. If you don't link it to your school it will look strange to the universities, could seem like you don't go to a school and maybe even weaken your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Oh how I wish French grammer would curl up in a corner and die. Along with maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Oh how I wish French grammer would curl up in a corner and die. Along with maths.

That would be great! But then chemistry
    definitions and English poetry quotes would
    have to join them.

finality wrote: »

You need someone in your school to write your reference and add predicted grades to your application. When your application is linked to your school, when you send it, it first gets sent to your school so they can do this, and then they send it on to ucas. Your school can also check your application to make sure everything is correct and if not, they can send it back to you. If you don't link it to your school it will look strange to the universities, could seem like you don't go to a school and maybe even weaken your application.
    Oh right ok thank you! I thought that I just put in my grades in a box along with a reference or something. I'm applying for medicine so should i send my application in about a week in advance in case my school is late?

Got elected to the debs committee today (up to €140 saved ker-ching! :D ) we were asked to give a reason why they should vote for you, I said "If I get elected I'll keep all the women in line!" probably clinched it for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Our debs committee/planning is just a complete disaster so far. We don't actually have an elected committee yet, so the two classes in the year are working on their own little projects and both of them have a different plan for the debs. Some as*hole in the other class also wants to do the debs down the country, while our class have a place in Dublin nearly sorted out:/ feel like he hasn't a clue what to do anyway. its ridic.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

First Debs argument of the year today in class already lol. I don't think I'll bother going, really can't be fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Our year hasn't even mentioned electing a comittee. Thinking about bringing it up tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

I'm really not even bothered about going to the debs for now anyway. Price is meant to be 120 quid and it's at least an hour drive away, meaning the transport will cost tons. Rather spend the money as extra on my holidays!!

• Advertisement

moriz wrote: »
    I'm really not even bothered about going to the debs for now anyway. Price is meant to be 120 quid and it's at least an hour drive away, meaning the transport will cost tons. Rather spend the money as extra on my holidays!!
    €120?! is that for one or two tickets? If that's one that's insanity, our absolute max we're going for is €70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Parents Association is organizing our Debs.

:(

6th year is seriously getting to me, I finished my homework plus a good amount of study at half 8 today owing to the half day on a Wednesday, but when I came downstairs I felt so guilty I went back up stair to revise everything I had done today :L

6th year is seriously getting to me, I finished my homework plus a good amount of study at half 8 today owing to the half day on a Wednesday, but when I came downstairs I felt so guilty I went back up stair to revise everything I had done today :L

I always feel guilty if I finish at 9 :L

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Started at 9 , finished at 10 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Out of curiosity, do any of you have a part-time job this year? I'm teaching piano for 5 hours a week, so hopefully it wont affect my homework and study too much (its on a friday evening so isn't too bad). :)

In other news, 6th year is tiring. Homework and more homework. What do you guys get for french homework? For the last two weeks I've been getting "essays" such as "what did you do for the summer?" or "describe your day at school". Yes, my teacher is that bad!

Anyone know some dayycent Spanish tunes! :P Have been listening to some but would revel in hearing someone else's taste in music!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

David1994 wrote: »
    Anyone know some dayycent Spanish tunes! :P Have been listening to some but would revel in hearing someone else's taste in music!

Sorry to hijack the new thread but as an ex spanish student, im pretty sure I can help. Anything by daddy yankee, plan b, dj buxxi, don omar and some of pitbull should do for a while :D Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Out of curiosity, do any of you have a part-time job this year? I'm teaching piano for 5 hours a week, so hopefully it wont affect my homework and study too much (its on a friday evening so isn't too bad). :)

I work for thirteen hours spread over two days at the weekend. :pac: intending on keeping it up for a few months until it becomes too much. Yes I'm probably crazy but meh, I enjoy it, have good friends there and you can't study all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

David1994 wrote: »

A mí me gusta este grupo, mi profesor los nos mostró.

Y este tambíen, me divertí el video, es muy raro.

Disfrutalos. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement