Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Classof2013

I got 70 vocabulary words in German to be known for tomorrow..plus a Rollenspiele will be in that test as well! :( I've also got a Chemistry test tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I've an English essay to write for knottiest and I haven't even started. Who else loves 6th year? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Classof2013

I've an English essay to write for knottiest and I haven't even started. Who else loves 6th year? :P

I do! I think I might explode from the excitement :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I do! I think I might explode from the excitement :o
    I love all the homework, it really just makes my day!

On a side note does anyone know how many poems you're meant to write about in an essay? I remember my teacher saying write about 4 and refer to a fifth but I'm not sure if that was it exactly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Anyone going to the higher options thing on the 21st?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I love all the homework, it really just makes my day!

On a side note does anyone know how many poems you're meant to write about in an essay? I remember my teacher saying write about 4 and refer to a fifth but I'm not sure if that was it exactly.

You can get away with doing 3..but most people do 4 I think :P I always do 4 because I normally write a lot on each!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

deise_girl wrote: »

Me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

If that's the Thursday then yes. If that's not the Thursday then no we're going Thursday.

I got my face either sunburnt or windburnt in the bog today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

If that's the Thursday then yes. If that's not the Thursday then no we're going Thursday.

I got my face either sunburnt or windburnt in the bog today :(

I'm going Thursday! A few people in school have been saying that Trinity & UCD etc won't be there? I presume they've just got wrong information yeah? I thought it'd be really weird if they weren't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Serious study session on for the weekend, this week has been hectic and I missed out on a few pre planned hours of study, due to the unbelievable amount of homework we got all this week.
    I'll probably watch the ireland match then get the homework out of the way. Leave the study till Saturday and Sunday, leaving cert is like nine months away but I'm already scared out of my wits. Fnny, thinking back to 3rd year I was so laid back at this stage I was almost vertical, literally only studied the week before the pres.. Well I guess this is the big one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Anyone going to the careers expo (can't remember it's name) in the Rochestown Park Hotel in Cork?

actually, I thought the 21st was a thursday so no...I'm not going that day! I'm going to the one on thursday 20th. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

anyone in a debs committee or starting to sort out your debs?:)
    I'm in the unfortunate situation that some of the people in my small-ish year group don't want to do a debs and now we mightnt have one!
    Gonna try and get as many people to go and set up a committee with us..

We haven't elected people to a committee yet and last years was a disaster so not hard to improve on them ;) I'd be well up for it, I have the required level of bitchiness for it (the arguments in the debs committee are legendary!) :D Bring it on! Also members of the Debs committee in our school get 2 free tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I only wrote about 3 in my Leaving Cert. this year, I did Adrienne Rich and wrote about 3 of her uncomplicated, simple enough poems (Aunt Jennifer's Tigers, Living in Sin and Power) and I got 50/50 (100%) in my Poetry essay!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Well, my physics teacher is a blundering idiot. He's convinced that 'independent learning' is the way to go. So basically you ask him a question and he responds, "I don't know, you tell me?", or "That's for you to find out."

I will genuinely kill him. The tests he give us are leaving cert style, but we don't do any of that stuff in class. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Ah the weekend..............even if the amount of homework I've to do is unbelievable.....blegh.

And the amount of people who got tickets to Ed Sheeran is making me so jealous. I actually wanna go so bad so if anyone feels like buying me a ticket all donations would be warmly welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Well, my physics teacher is a blundering idiot. He's convinced that 'independent learning' is the way to go. So basically you ask him a question and he responds, "I don't know, you tell me?", or "That's for you to find out."

I will genuinely kill him. The tests he give us are leaving cert style, but we don't do any of that stuff in class. It's ridiculous.

swap "him", "he" -> "her", "she". now you see my experiences.
    I have her for Applied Maths too.

Colm! wrote: »

Ah so at least somebody understands my anguish. Our class average over the summer test was 39%, which I think says it all if a class of 20 are pretty much all failing.

Colm! wrote: »

Exact same for me! Took the words right out of my mouth! :)

My teacher started waves with us a couple of days ago and went through the whole chapter in one class by just reading the book, then she says she is giving us a verbal test on the whole chapter the following day! And independent learning is like her motto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

Exact same for me! Took the words right out of my mouth! :)

My teacher started waves with us a couple of days ago and went through the whole chapter in one class by just reading the book, then she says she is giving us a verbal test on the whole chapter the following day! And independent learning is like her motto.

I kinda feel bad in saying that I have a good Physics/Applied Maths teacher. He has a good teaching plan and gives comprehensive notes. I guess you guys are just unlucky. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

im going on the wednesday (i think). Looking forward to the Gaming and IT lecture + day off school :D

mulciber wrote: »
    I kinda feel bad in saying that I have a good Physics/Applied Maths teacher. He has a good teaching plan and gives comprehensive notes. I guess you guys are just unlucky. :(

You have no idea how much I envy you :o

Good news is my physics teacher is out all next week so we can use the classes to actually learn something. :)

We did waves there during the week and I went on YouTube to find some good explanations and I found this guy:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=aLAB-d8VnZ8

And I found out what a good teacher is like, plus he made me laugh when I first put it on because of his funny expressions and passionate way of teaching. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

going to Higher Options in Dublin on the Thursday i think. ( the 20th) :D

Our school's going to the Higher Options on the Friday, but I think we've an 18's hurling match that Friday so I won't be able to go. Argh.

I'm now UCAS registered in case I want to apply for Britian, don't think I will but it's a back-up I might go for!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

stetyrrell wrote: »

Hahaha before I realized this was you I thought of him, oh god, such an idiot. :|
    Try khanacademy and if you look in the physics thread someone linked a youtube full of physics videos, as you know I didn't do it but they're meant to be good resources. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Who else feels extremely fecked for the LC already :P? or is it just me? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

ray2012 wrote: »
    going to Higher Options in Dublin on the Thursday i think. ( the 20th) :D

I'm going on the 20th too. I'm really looking forward to the UCAS, Oxbridge and Gaming and Information talks. =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Going to higher options on the 19th :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement