Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Aw lads, remember this ;_;

p.s. above poster - this is the thread we sixth years used last year. theres a new thread for current 5th years somewhere around the first page or two! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Moved to the current 5th year thread ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

RoyalRiley wrote: »
    Totally screwed for the summer exam tomorrow, have to write an essay on the colours and sounds on the poem An tEarrach thiar!! any hints? I had some notes on it but as usual I misplaced them the night before the exam!

Theres definitely a sample answer thing of those floating around somewhere! Ive seen it before somewhere.. With repetition and something else iswell..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

The beginning of summer = major major music/youtube binge.:):) Oh new music I've missed you........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

The beginning of summer = major major music/youtube binge.:):) Oh new music I've missed you........

Could not agree more.

Summer is finally here, can't wait to scour the likes of Youtube and 8tracks in search of some sexy new music to blare for the next 3 months!! XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

So what's everyone doing for the summer ? Im gonna catch up on all the books I've collected this year but havent read, going to Jay z and Kanye West next Friday :D and imma go find a job (unlikely)

+ a **** ton of new music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

MGMTea wrote: »
    going to Jay z and Kanye West next Friday :D

I'm going on Saturday. It shall be class.
    Also got Justice coming up on Thursday, and I'm doing a course on multimedia in UCC for 4 days next week, and I'm just back from Belfast (which we visited with our Maths class for apparently no reason).
    Organising a paintball trip, got Irish College coming up, going to a few parties and DJing a few others.

...but the job, which I must do to fund all the above, is soul-crushingly boring.

Oh, and while we're on the music note (heh) I bought two albums today; Arcade Fire's Funeral (one of my all-time favourites, should've bought it sooner. Mind-blowing live too) and Kanye West & Jay-Z's Watch The Throne (because I'm going to see them live and all).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Did yous see, someone started a 6th year thread :eek: I can't handle that idea yet.

Anyone wanna link me to some cool new music to chill me out again.?

I have no plans for the summer yet :( but now that it's actually here (YES!) I'm starting to put some stuff together kinda like a little bucket list. I want to get into some half descent shape, and watch a load of French films and most of all I want to have an adventure of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

decisions wrote: »
    Did yous see, someone started a 6th year thread :eek: I can't handle that idea yet.

Yeah, I saw that. I, kind of, just stared at the title for a few seconds and then it suddenly seemed to dawn on me - "wait, that's us!" :O

I vote we keep this thread forever.

Anyone with me?

• Advertisement

Sure, get a name change on it in September. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

This day next year we will have started our Leaving cert. Woop :P

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

:(

Can't wait! It'll be great craic sure.. =D

honestly, if it gets me out of this town quicker, bring it on

I genuinely can't wait to get it over with. If all goes to plan (I know that never happens in reality but one can hope) I'll be prepared for whatever they throw at me. >=)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Last result back today. Happy with them in the end. On the whole, better than I expected.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Last result back today. Happy with them in the end. On the whole, better than I expected.

Wow you have all your results back? O:
    Im not expecting to see mine until late July...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

deise_girl wrote: »

I've only gotten three of mine back...two of my teachers had them corrected on the last day of school and the other one text me my result. I won't see the rest of mine until the middle of July though. :)

Don't expect to get mine until the end of june / start of July.

• Advertisement

We haven't gotten any back yet. Could be a few weeks.. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I've only gotten three of mine back...two of my teachers had them corrected on the last day of school and the other one text me my result. I won't see the rest of mine until the middle of July though. :)

You text your teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ya, they are all available with a login on my school website (well, 7 of the 8 are).
    buyer95 wrote: »
    You text your teacher?
    I'd imagine it is for a subject outside of school. I got my Applied Maths result over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭It neny!

Although Summer is only beginning this is a thread for all students who will be starting 5th year in September of 2012.:D

SO...... How do we feel?:o
    Out of curiosity, did anyone do 4th year? If so, how did you find it?:)

I actually did 4th year but to be honest, I found it a waste of time and it made me VERY lazy:p

lets hope I snap out of it soon because my goals are set high!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

It neny! wrote: »
    Although Summer is only beginning this is a thread for all students who will be starting 5th year in September of 2012.:D

SO...... How do we feel?:o
    Out of curiosity, did anyone do 4th year? If so, how did you find it?:)

I actually did 4th year but to be honest, I found it a waste of time and it made me VERY lazy:p

lets hope I snap out of it soon because my goals are set high!:rolleyes:

A bit soon don't you think? :P

I'm just done TY, Hung around in the TY OT for a while but then it died, so I've been in the JC one for most of the year, its gonna be nice having an OT where I belong for once XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Bit early.
    I'm still a 3rd year for the next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭It neny!

paddyzk wrote: »
    Bit early.

Aw good luck in your exams! Yeh I guess its early for current 3rd years :rolleyes:

Btw you should be asleep then eh?:p

Bit early.

Aw good luck in your exams! Yeh I guess its early for current 3rd years :rolleyes:

I said he should be asleep to him too.. idiots staying up so late XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

#yolo

• Advertisement

#yolo

GTFO Patrick.. and get yo ass of facebook too XD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement