Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

What I'm thinking is how different the paper 1 this year will be to the paper 1 you'll be doing next year :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Patchy~ wrote: »
    What I'm thinking is how different the paper 1 this year will be to the paper 1 you'll be doing next year :L

Some people are still doing Paper 1, no? The pilot schools...or have I got that completely wrong? I just know that there's a PM Paper 1 from last year (http://examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2011/LC003ALP130EV.pdf) so it feels like it should make sense for there to be one this year. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Oh yeah, derp. Guess they're such a minority that my brain forgot they existed! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

So, the last week has been composed of pretty epic procrastination on my behalf. First exam today went extremely well as we had predicted what would come up but I'm slightly screwed for tomorrow. :/ So far, I've done a total of 20 minutes for my two exams tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Glee_GG wrote: »
    How have you covered enough maths to even do this?! Never mind the fact that that sounds completely mad!

We haven't finished probability and statistics nor have we done proof by induction, sequences and a few other sections but we are expected (and in fact required) to get at least 55% in the LC to proceed next year.

We've had at least 30 minute (sometimes 45 minute) classes extra every morning at 8 and extra classes during the holidays.

Oh, and our maths class is going to Belfast next Friday for some unknown reason.

Maths. Serious business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Colm! wrote: »
    Glee_GG wrote: »
    How have you covered enough maths to even do this?! Never mind the fact that that sounds completely mad!

We haven't finished probability and statistics nor have we done proof by induction, sequences and a few other sections but we are expected (and in fact required) to get at least 55% in the LC to proceed next year.

We've had at least 30 minute (sometimes 45 minute) classes extra every morning at 8 and extra classes during the holidays.

Oh, and our maths class is going to Belfast next Friday for some unknown reason.

Maths. Serious business.
    We still have around 3 or 4 chapters in book 1 and all if book 2 to do..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I give up on maths. I kept giving it chances but now all I wanna do is cry..
    If our teacher wasnt such a funny/amazing person Id have left ages ago >.<

THERES JUST SO MUCH!!!
    We've under half of trig left, gonna be left till Sept tho.. I wont be there by then tho, muahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

deise_girl wrote: »
    I give up on maths. I kept giving it chances but now all I wanna do is cry..
    If our teacher wasnt such a funny/amazing person Id have left ages ago >.<

THERES JUST SO MUCH!!!
    We've under half of trig left, gonna be left till Sept tho.. I wont be there by then tho, muahaha

Don't drop down.
    We still have around 3 or 4 chapters in book 1 and all if book 2 to do..

Same.

Exams going well* so far. :D

*mening I have not failed anything yet :pac:'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Finished!!!!

Roll on Summer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Finished!!!!

I've still got another week.

Exams start on Monday.. Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

decisions wrote: »
    So when are everyone's exams starting?

I start with English, French and Applied maths on Thursday.

I had Maths this morning. Twas manageable enough, only had to do 4 questions, but got all 5 done with heaps of time left over. I know I made at least one small blunder on a differentiation question but meh, who cares?

English and French on Monday, Irish on Tuesday, Music Wednesday, History and Applied Maths (terrible combo) on Thurs and Biology on Friday and then I'm freee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Finished!!!!

Same, we did our exams the week before last:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Ours started today (accounting and Irish) so just 2 more days left (English, geography and maths on Monday and French and biology on Tuesday) and then we're finished on Tuesday.

Actually can't believe this year's practically over already and then we're leaving certs. Today was slightly weird with the leaving certs (and the year I was part of for 3 years) being gone, going by their locker room is just so bare.......:( It's not helping that I've jst spent the last hour looking at all their photos on facebook of the past week and then grad night last night. :(

Ours started today (accounting and Irish) so just 2 more days left (English, geography and maths on Monday and French and biology on Tuesday) and then we're finished on Tuesday.

Actually can't believe this year's practically over already and then we're leaving certs. Today was slightly weird with the leaving certs (and the year I was part of for 3 years) being gone, going by their locker room is just so bare.......:( It's not helping that I've jst spent the last hour looking at all their photos on facebook of the past week and then grad night last night. :(

It is quite hard to believe that this time next year, we'll be finished school forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I'm loving how this forum has sprung to life the weekend before most people are starting exam! Procrastination is the key to success

Just 1 day left of 5th year :o and 2 exams.

It's really not helping that I have Euphoria (Swedish eurovision song) stuck in my head. It and opinion question vocab really dont mix too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

anyone here doing construction? Our teacher has been out for most classes, the majority of the rest we were told to design projects or play darts. We have a half hour summer exam featuring two chapters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Finished!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

SchooOOOooOoOls out for summer *epic guitar riff*

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Yesssss finished exams! Relief... :)

• Advertisement

Darn you all. I'm in until the end of the week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Why I no see this thread before?! D=

I finish on Friday at 10.30am. Supposed to be finished on Thursday but I've to come in for a music listening exam!

So first day of summer's nearly over and I'm kinda at a loss for what to do already :L

It's gonna be a long 3 months........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Shup the lot of ye some of us are in till Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Still have tech, chemistry, and maths tests still to go. Friday afternoon can't come soon enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

11 am Friday the world will be a much greater place.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Finished tomorrow! :) can't come fast enough

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

I'm finished Friday at 3:20. I still have Applied Maths, French, Biology, History, Irish, Religion (Stupid, I know) and English to do. =/

It's going to be a long, gruelling 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

mulciber wrote: »
    I'm finished Friday at 3:20. I still have Applied Maths, French, Biology, History, Irish, Religion (Stupid, I know) and English to do. =/

It's going to be a long, gruelling 2 days.

All in two days? Ouch!

I just have Geography, Irish and music left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RoyalRiley

Totally screwed for the summer exam tomorrow, have to write an essay on the colours and sounds on the poem An tEarrach thiar!! any hints? I had some notes on it but as usual I misplaced them the night before the exam!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement