Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

taptap22 wrote: »
    is it possible to improve on your summer test results in 5th year for the leaving cert? I got 535 would i be able to improve with enough study?

yes, summer tests are nothing like the actual leaving cert and you've only covered half the material for your exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

buyer95 wrote: »
    A load of B.S, I'm just back from it, finished my course Friday. The 2 toughest weeks of my life by far. It is uber- intensive, expect pages to learn off, constant assessment, not being done your homework after the 3 hours homework is finished, pressure, stress, sickness.

In saying all that, it was hugely benificial, and I'm glad I did it, even though it took a huge amount out of me and I'm still recovering.

Most of the people on my course were legends which made it tolerable, but be under no illusions, you will be worked to death, andwill be exhausted by Wednesday. I recommend going to bed early tonight

Good luck

I'm looking forward to it. I'll be staying with my family in our second house in Tralee so at least I can go "home" every night. I want to frontload the work for 6th Year by learning loads and doing good essays and getting good notes etc. at BnaP so that I can keep up my As in Irish with slightly less effort during 6th Year. I've 8 other subjects to work on as well as SAT stuff and US college applications so if I can reduce my stress in one subject it'll be handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Yeah but I mean a friend of mine was ranting on Twitter about being up writing Irish essays at 5am this morning down there.
    That ain't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

When does everyone go back?

(I would have asked this in the LC 2013 thread, but 1. I couldn't find it. 2. I'm trying to deny the fact that I'm a 6th year now...)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

I'm back on the last Wednesday in August, I think, the 29th. Full day of study skills, party party -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

Lucky! I'm back the 27th, with a full day of normal classes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm back for a half day on the 24th, starting to get up at 8, and getting some work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

New school books today.

BOOM BOOM. Shit just got real.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

5th year is grand, nothing to worry about really.

Just pay attention in class all the time and do all your homework and you'll be fine. Make sure you don't fall behind on anything.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

5th year starts in...22 days for mise... still havent bought my books, a bag or anything really.. stupid stuff has to be so damn expensive ><

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

This thread will never be as good as the LC Off Topic 11/12.....

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    This thread will never be as good as the LC Off Topic 11/12.....

Meh, I've been a poster in 3 JC/TY OTs, I couldn't care less how big this one gets tbh XD

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Aw jasus, 3 weeks :/ Anyone kind of excited though? haha

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Aw jasus, 3 weeks :/ Anyone kind of excited though? haha

Me :') It's a weird excitement though.. XD

Indiego wrote: »
    Haha, Yeah :P Im looking forward to starting new subjects and a new course, it's kind of like the excitement of going into 1st year lol. Out of curiosity what subjects and what levels are everybody doing? Is anyone going into 5th year from 3rd year like me?

Haha, Yeah :P Im looking forward to starting new subjects and a new course, it's kind of like the excitement of going into 1st year lol. Out of curiosity what subjects and what levels are everybody doing? Is anyone going into 5th year from 3rd year like me?

exactly! xD
    I'm doing the usual 3, biology, physics, spanish and business, all HL :)
    hbu?
    I did TY... such a ****ty year, only good part was Work experience XD

exactly! xD
    hbu?

Nice one. Except for physics :P The 3, plus Biology, chemistry, history and german, all H.L. I was sickend I couldn't do business, because it was against chemistry in subject choice :(
    I'm so glad to not be doing TY.
    Yeah the work experience would be class I'd say, where did you work for it?

exactly! xD
    hbu?

Nice one. Except for physics :P The 3, plus Biology, chemistry, history and german, all H.L. I was sickend I couldn't do business, because it was against chemistry in subject choice :(
    I'm so glad to not be doing TY.
    Yeah the work experience would be class I'd say, where did you work for it?

Physics is the bombdiggity B) I'm doing chemistry outside school, but I dont plan on taking the exam xD
    Awh sucky :( I've never taken business before.. it was either that or history, which I haaaate.. so i guess ill see how it goes XD
    I would have skipped TY if not for my youngness :L
    I worked in the Natural History museum, A pharmaeutical company called Amgen, and a primary school XD

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I am back the 26th to meet with first years as I am a prefect. Then back for 2 hours on the 27th and I think it's full days after that. Anybody looking forward to going back? I'm kind of looking forward to it in a weird way, not cause of the LC but because it's our last year.

So, what did y'all do for the summer? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

:eek: Stop! I refuse to talk about the summer in the past tense! :pac:

• Advertisement

Physics is the bombdiggity B) I'm doing chemistry outside school, but I dont plan on taking the exam xD
    Awh sucky :( I've never taken business before.. it was either that or history, which I haaaate.. so i guess ill see how it goes XD
    I would have skipped TY if not for my youngness :L
    I worked in the Natural History museum, A pharmaeutical company called Amgen, and a primary school XD

Business is easy :P I like history ha. I'm too old for TY and I always said I'd never do it :P Haha, Awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I thought I'd be a bit nerdily excited about it all but giant meh tbh, the next three weeks cannot go by slowly enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

F**KING LOVE PHYSICS :D

Oh ja, doing Phys obviously, Chem, Hist, German!! and Business

Ps- anyone interested in talking through Deutsch about Physics? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Is anyone doing revision and stuff now? I've a fair bit of homework to do over the Summer but I also feel like I should be doing revision to start preparing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

chemistry, history
    Chem, Hist

Good choices, good choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 D.J. Shore

Is anyone doing revision and stuff now? I've a fair bit of homework to do over the Summer but I also feel like I should be doing revision to start preparing myself.
    I keep procrastinating :( But I do read le monde for french a lot, read a fair few novels for english and learnt some quotes for Macbeth and poetry...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

No, I don't want to be bored of studying before I even start 6th year, so I'll probably wait until a week or even a few days before we go back. Might aswell enjoy the last break we'll get until the end of next June..

Oh ja, doing Phys obviously, Chem, Hist, German!! and Business

Ps- anyone interested in talking through Deutsch about Physics? :D

I'd like to have like a thread or something where 5th years/ leaving certers could talk in german? Not about physics though :P haha. kind of an off topic thing? It'd be great for study. Anyone interested? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

Das ist eine gute Idee! Ja klar, would love to! :D

Make one in Sept. and we'll keep it alive! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I'm going into 5th year as well, I used to post in the Junior Cert off topic but I got lazy and stopped. Thought it was a great year, I got to go to France and England so I was fairly happy with it. But I'd do anything to be going into 6th year right now, I can't wait to get out of school!

Doing Geography, Biology, Chemistry and French. I really wish I could speak German, but it wasn't an option for me in 1st year unfortunately. I think it's such a cool language! :P Too late now though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement