Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭tahina

0mega wrote: »
    tahina wrote: »
    Get a picture of somthing u really want in the future a bugatti veyron?? A house by the sea?? Designer clothes?? Watever makes u tick and get a picture of dat dream house car lifestyle ect and look At it every day and say im gona get dat thing because im gonna study really hard and get to wer i wanna go in life and be the person i aspire ta be then the study will come easy never doubt urself dats the first and last step to failure

Bill Cullen, is that you? :D

Haha no but it works trust me its way easier to study when you see the bigger picture =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ismisekatie

deise_girl wrote: »
    This feels far, far to weird to be posting here..
    I still refuse to believe Im eligible to post in the leaving cert forum :P

i know!!! im freaking out about summer exams now :/ the next group of people doing orals are us..... :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

0mega wrote: »
    Generally thinking about the orals next year or having a look at the HPAT thread scares me into doing a good few hours of studying. :D

The HPAT thread was created to dishearten us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

North Leinsters today, 2 medals *chuffed*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I can already count 5 people in this thread who want to do medicine. That's like...1 in 2. This disconcerts me...:p I would quite like if the numbers applying dropped by, oh I dunno, 2500?

So everyone, now that 5th year is drawing to a close , how'd the year go work-wise? I feel happy enough in that I actually kept to my post-summer promise of actually working this year, at least from January anyway, but at the same time I feel I could've done a lot more. I'm pretty busy these days too with out-of-school stuff so I'm not sure how the summer tests will shape up.

And decisions, I don't know what that is but well done! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Slow Show wrote: »
    I can already count 5 people in this thread who want to do medicine. That's like...1 in 2. This disconcerts me...:p I would quite like if the numbers applying dropped by, oh I dunno, 2500?

We're a very ambitious bunch so we are :P

Won't mind that myself :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Actually can't believe that we've got 4 weeks left of 5th year and then we're Leaving Certs :O :(

Dear lord help me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I feel like such an idiot for not studying this year :( I want to do medicine, it's all I'll do but I didn't even study once. I used to e so good in school but then TY happened.. It's not like I'm failing, I get As or Bs but I haven't done any work at all. I always said I'd study but I just never did. I stress myself out to the point where I can't do anything.. My mum told me that there'd be loads of people studying and I know I should have been studying but I just don't..

4 weeks left of 5th year.. Then we'll be 6th years! :O

I feel like such an idiot for not studying this year :( I want to do medicine, it's all I'll do but I didn't even study once. I used to e so good in school but then TY happened.. It's not like I'm failing, I get As or Bs but I haven't done any work at all. I always said I'd study but I just never did. I stress myself out to the point where I can't do anything.. My mum told me that there'd be loads of people studying and I know I should have been studying but I just don't..

4 weeks left of 5th year.. Then we'll be 6th years! :O

Definately agree with the whole study thing. Before ty I was actually able to sit down and study properly but now I end up getting so distracted. I'm the same as yourself getting mostly As or Bs but without a whole load of effort. I know that with actually trying I could pretty much guarantee myself some awesome points next year but I've just got zero motivation.

3 weeks until summer tests and I planned to start studying ages ago and I told myself that I'd start after easter but I'm only starting properly now and have only 3 weeks to learn a mountain of stuff.

Someone needs to give me a right kick up the ass.

And for the record therrs no fear of me doing medicine. I'm staying well clear of hospitals and sick people thank you very much. With my luck I'd kill someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

Lads, I just read some of the posts on this thread and almost started crying. Almost in sixth year, the year that everything 'revolves around'. I'm too lazy I can't even study for the Summer tests, and I'm hoping for Medicine :O Our maths teacher told us that in sixth year, we will be moving 4 times as fast! I can't keep up at all at all at the moment. I'm dreading next year :( and to top it all off, along with study, I've got the hpat to worry about.

That's my rant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

FunTimess wrote: »
    Lads, I just read some of the posts on this thread and almost started crying. Almost in sixth year, the year that everything 'revolves around'. I'm too lazy I can't even study for the Summer tests, and I'm hoping for Medicine :O Our maths teacher told us that in sixth year, we will be moving 4 times as fast! I can't keep up at all at all at the moment. I'm dreading next year :( and to top it all off, along with study, I've got the hpat to worry about.

That's my rant.

It's daunting, but no point getting stressed at this stage either. Plenty of time for that next year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AdamH95

The Straith Pictuir are ridiculous. 20 is way too much and then having to learn poetry answers and story answers. Not hard as such, but there's just so much to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hey Guys, I've just been stalking, looking through this thread (PROCRASTINATION FTW) and see some of you are beginning to freak out about next year etc. Take it from myself, my Leaving is in, what 4 weeks? Turn the stress level down a bit, take a deep breath and you'll be fine!

Seriously, the whole Leaving Cert. pressure/Mocks/Orals/TESTS/HOMEWORK shiz is wayyy too overdone. It's seriously not half as stressful/serious or hard that you all may be imagine.

I know this Time last year when I was in your position I was beginning to get anxious thinking about exams/how much you have to learn/results you may/may not be able to achieve. Let me be completely honest with you, you are never and I mean never going to feel completely ready for the Leaving Cert. With 6/7 or 9 in my case :rolleyes: subjects, it's almost impossible to learn everything. Firstly, your not expected to know everything. Look through the papers see what comes up regulary/ how the questions are asked and attempt to do them after you learn the topic. DON'T FREAK OUT. You'll all be fine.

And those worried about not studying this year/for your Summer Tests etc. Believe me, it's never too late to start. The best focused revision you will ever have for your exam will be the night/day/two days before. Seriously. The amount of information your brain will be able to take in when it realises:

****, this exam is tomorrow!

Is ridiculous! You honestly won't believe it until your in the position. In my situation, I left all the study for my Geography Mock the night before. Studied my ass off on the topics that come up regularly, knew them inside out. And ended up with a B1. Same story with Business & Economics, but instead ended up with an A1 & A2 in these!

Keep a cool head, that's all the advice I can give you. Exam papers are key. KEEP DOING THEM. English, Business, Music, Biology, Chemistry whatever. I truly believe doing the Papers until your blue in the face, correcting them with the marking scheme and repeating this process is more than enough to guarantee your top marks!

Where the Orals are concerned, they are totally hyped up in my opinion. You will get basic, broad questions most of the time, the examiner will sit back and let you spill your guts. Make it seem natural however, take your time and vary your tone of voice. If you get asked a difficult question, it's a good sign, your doing well and they want to challenge you.

If you need any advice, don't be afraid to reply to me! I'm in for a boring night as i'm in lock down from going out until the 21st of June :rolleyes:

I had a dream about my french oral the other night.. I think I was crying in it :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SmileyFaces

Heey,
    So, I'm like very late starting in this thread.
    - But better late than never (:

I'm Fiona, I'm in fifth year (Holy cow there's only like a month left, ahhh!)
    I'm doing;
    English (H) Irish (H) French (H) Maths (H) History (H) Biology (H) and Music (H)

And that's me introduced now :]

So what is everyone doing for the summer, I have no plans, no job and all my mates are doing stuff.

I actually don't stress over things, wierdly enough. Everone always says that I'm such a laid back person. Thank god, because I know that if I was the kinda person who got stressed I'd be the worst stressed person there ever was.

decisions wrote: »
    So what is everyone doing for the summer, I have no plans, no job and all my mates are doing stuff.
    Going to CTYI and Bru na Pairce. Thinking of going to France to learn french but not sure yet, it's quite scary thinking about it!

No plans really except the debs but shure that's the whole way away in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SmileyFaces

That's what summers about though! Just chillin' and having nothing to do, It's great.

This is the one year I have stuff planned! London for two weeks, Gaelteacht for three, then a month of studying! (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bornablonde

Anyone going to Cursa B in Colaiste Chorca Dhuibhne?! Hope i'm not the only one :P

Going to CTYI and Bru na Pairce. Thinking of going to France to learn french but not sure yet, it's quite scary thinking about it!

session 1 or 2?!

Glee_GG wrote: »

session 1 or 2?!
    2! You??

2! You??

1! :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hayester

Hmmm I'm new to the party aswell, better late than never!

Im doing Irish, English, Maths, French, Physics, DCG, and Accounting.

All honours btw (for now :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Absolutely zero motivation to study and my Irish essay is on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Which Bru na Pairce dates are you going to?
    Also, I hear a lot about CTYI on this thread. What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

then a month of studying! (:

Really? If so, gotta admire your dedication. Anyone else planning on doing anything for the summer? I have high hopes of drastically improving my French (but in a fun, light-hearted way! French movies galore!) and making sure I don't forget the sraith pictuiri we've done so far but tbh I can't really see myself doing that, never mind proper study. Not for summer. :p That said, I should be reasonably busy this summer anyway.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Absolutely zero motivation to study

Snap. Have my Irish oral tomorrow and French Aural on Fri.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

i have a french oral next week but im repeating and not doing french next year so dont know whether to bother doing it or not.. what do lads think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement