Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Normally Maths doesn't get finished until the very last few weeks, so don't feel like you're behind!

I know in some private schools where TY is compulsory they're basically finished every course now cause they did a 3 year LC cycle, bit unfair really that they get such a head-start!

I suppose if TY was run properly in normal schools we'd get at least 2 and a half years of a course... Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Bit of a random/stupid question but for the CAO change of mind in July or whenever it is, is it just your order of preference you can change or can you take away some of the courses you have down and replace them with ones you didn't have down previously? Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

:( It's like you people don't want to do maths at half 11 at night or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Slow Show wrote: »
    :( It's like you people don't want to do maths at half 11 at night or something.

I'm working on it, give me time!

No point lads, go to bed, get up an hour early

• Advertisement

Bleugh, it has bested me for now, ill try again tomorrow though you've pulled me in!

My inital thinking was letting Tn = 40 and letting Sn = 196 and trying to manipulate them, but I got horribly lost somewhere!

Bleugh, it has bested me for now, ill try again tomorrow though you've pulled me in!

My inital thinking was letting Tn = 40 and letting Sn = 196 and trying to manipulate them, but I got horribly lost somewhere!

I did that too, tried to make a simultaneous equation out of it but to no avail, got a fraction. :( Ah well, at least I know it's a tough question and not just me being dim :pac:

Slow Show wrote: »
    I did that too, tried to make a simultaneous equation out of it but to no avail, got a fraction. :( Ah well, at least I know it's a tough question and not just me being dim :pac:

What I did was, you know a = -12 so I filled that into Tn = a + (n-1)d and let that = 40. Fiddle that around and you've got d in terms of n. I subbed that value for d into Sn = n/2 (2a + (n-1)d) = 196 and tried to get a value for n, but no luck!

I don't know was that a problem with calculations or did I take totally the wrong approach, ill take another look tomorrow. Yep its a tough one alright!

As a matter of interest, where did you get this?

German Cheat sheet for grammar I just made if anyone wants it:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Methememb wrote: »
    German Cheat sheet for grammar I just made if anyone wants it:

Uhh danke schön!!

• Advertisement

As a matter of interest, where did you get this?

My maths book, Text & Tests 6!

Fell asleep on the way too and from school, and twice in class :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I wish I could fall asleep in places other than just my own bed! :P I don't think I have ever slept on a car trip :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Is anyone finished to course yet? We're nowhere near it, the pre will be terrible :/
    Our teacher has said we'll be finished by the pre's. Only have induction and financial maths to do. She's going on pregnancy leave from Easter onwards though. :eek:
    I know in some private schools where TY is compulsory they're basically finished every course now cause they did a 3 year LC cycle, bit unfair really that they get such a head-start!
    You are allowed do 20% of each subject in TY.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

We got most of our 1st book in maths done in 4th year so it gives us a lot of time for revision which is good! :)

Anyone do applied Maths? Stuck on a relative velocity question...

That's a daily occourence for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I have been suffering from the three o'clock slump of late, nearly fell asleep in chemistry the other day, i really need to get more sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We still have a heap of maths left to do: all that calculus, integration, diffrentiation, induction.......God help us.

But enough of that. Anyone got any plans for the weekend? Apart from study, I may possibly be going to seen Les Mis on Sunday. I'm a bit of a sucker for a good musical. Anyone seen it yet?

Match tomorrow, that's the height of my excitement.. Haven't seen it :)

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056859147

Suggestion regarding us folk, post your opinions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

I may possibly be going to seen Les Mis on Sunday. I'm a bit of a sucker for a good musical. Anyone seen it yet?

saw it saturday, absolutely phenomenal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got our exam numbers yesterday!

LCVP recorded interviews monday

LCVP recorded interviews monday
    ALREADY!!!!! This just goes to show how unprepared for LCVP I really am!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

In recent days I've cut down on the internet, and impoved on my study. It's a great feeling, just hard to come by :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    ALREADY!!!!! This just goes to show how unprepared for LCVP I really am!
    We had a teacher last year that did nothing with us and she's been out sick for the whole of 6th year so far so we have a new sub every few weeks so basically we have nothing done so I say you're pretty prepared compared to us! :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056859147

Sorry lads, not spamming, just wanted to say thanks for all the votes.

FYI apparently thanks do not count for votes, so if you only thanked it please comment on it with + 1

Cheers

In other news I've been out since 9am playing sport, only home now. Mams gonna flip when our visitors leave :( Better get stuck in straight away

Double post, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

anyone else worried they didn't apply for the CAO correctly?:o if you can log in with your application number are you definitely on the system?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Ugh we think our Chemistry teacher might be preggers, this must be like the 9th child at this stage :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement