Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Concert 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Slane NEEDS Muse to start touring again

Muse wouldnt sell out Slane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Muse wouldnt sell out Slane

Are you having a giraffe? They'd sell out 2 nights.

Best live band on the planet.

Are you having a giraffe? They'd sell out 2 nights.

Best live band on the planet.

Ha not a hope , Muse might be able to sell out 2 Wembley stadium shows in the UK , but there is no way they could sell out 2 Slanes:P .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Foo fighters playing t vital in the north so very unlikely they'll do slane now. Still hope they r in Dublin tho!
    Leaves either Coldplay r no slane this year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Foo fighters playing t vital in the north so very unlikely they'll do slane now. Still hope they r in Dublin tho!
    Leaves either Coldplay r no slane this year

Foos or Col(d)play?? ZZZ I'd rather no Slane tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Slane is definitely a venue on Green Day's radar. I have a copy of Hot Press around somewhere from a couple of years back where Billie Joe was saying he had spoken to a couple of the members of U2 about the venue and how they'd really love to play it. That said, I'm not sure they could sell it out. They'd need another really big album to be at that level again

Slane is definitely a venue on Green Day's radar. I have a copy of Hot Press around somewhere from a couple of years back where Billie Joe was saying he had spoken to a couple of the members of U2 about the venue and how they'd really love to play it. That said, I'm not sure they could sell it out. They'd need another really big album to be at that level again

Yea i dont think Green Day could sell it out . If there is a Slane this year the only band atm that would be able to sell it out would be Coldplay

Yea i dont think Green Day could sell it out . If there is a Slane this year the only band atm that would be able to sell it out would be Coldplay

Yea I agree. I think it's gonna b Coldplay r no slane. No one else big enough touring ATM. Find it strange too that there has been no Irish date so far on coldplays stadium tour

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭weezer1980

highly doubt that this stage there will be a Slane considering its been held around June-ish the last few times. he would have announced by now im sure.

weezer1980 wrote: »
    highly doubt that this stage there will be a Slane considering its been held around June-ish the last few times. he would have announced by now im sure.

i agree looks unlikely, but someone said a few posts back they heard slane will be on september 8th this year so if thats true tickets could go on sale in april giving it 5months advance?
    but i would imagine slane would have been announced by now if it was going ahead. still find it strange though that coldplay have yet to announce any irish dates on their current world tour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

I Don't Think There's A Chance Now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jakey123

With the prospect of Green Day releasing a new album sometime in the second half of 2012, I think there could be a great chance of them signing up to headline Slane for a date around the end of the summer

Jakey123 wrote: »
    With the prospect of Green Day releasing a new album sometime in the second half of 2012, I think there could be a great chance of them signing up to headline Slane for a date around the end of the summer

GD are not big enough anymore to sell out Slane , if they would have played maybe around the time of American Idiot instead of Oxegen then they would have sold it out no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

GD are not big enough anymore to sell out Slane , if they would have played maybe around the time of American Idiot instead of Oxegen then they would have sold it out no bother

With A Good Support I'd Say They Could :)

With A Good Support I'd Say They Could :)

If they couldnt sell out Marley Park in 2010 with Paramore(only sold about 22,000 tickets) , couldnt see them selling out Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

http://www.facebook.com/officialslanecastle/posts/10150649382071244

:-( was really hoping for a Coldplay fix this summer

Hello Everyone, I hope you enjoyed the weekend, following previous posts, I have checked with Lord Henry for a concert update and he said a concert this summer is unlikely but there is still a possibility. He also mentioned 2013 is looking pretty definite. He said he will make an announcement regarding a 2012 concert shortly.

So looks like no Slane this year but it will be back next year . So maybe Coldplay for Aviva after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

yermandan wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/officialslanecastle/posts/10150649382071244

:-( was really hoping for a Coldplay fix this summer

What the hell is the hold up with Coldplay then, surely they won't leave out Ireland on their tour. Could Aviva still happen?

So looks like no Slane this year but it will be back next year . So maybe Coldplay for Aviva after all?

Well someone on here did mention that Madonna, Gaga and Coldplay would be playing Aviva this year, 2 announced so far, so hopefully it happens, though if it's the rumoured date (June 16th) they are leaving it late to announce it. It's either that or Phoenix park.

What the hell is the hold up with Coldplay then, surely they won't leave out Ireland on their tour. Could Aviva still happen?

Maybe they were in talks to do Slane but by the looks of it wont happen. I cant see Coldplay not playing a Dublin show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Has anyone been to a gig in the Aviva? Just wondering how the acoustics are for live music? Was stung before in Croke Park in the nose bleed seats for a U2 gig - might as well have been standing outside the stadium! :rolleyes:

mayb coldplay might play the aviva on the 8th sep? week b4 gaga?
    didnt sum1 mention ere b4 that they came across an 8th sep date sumwhere for slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

According to an article in the Irish Times today and the Ian Dempsey breakfast show..An announcement on Slane 2012 will be made very soon, possibly next 72hrs..Mountcharles has said he is holding a date...rumoured to be 25th August..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

It’s been on the minds of many concert goers for the past few weeks, even months at this stage. The big question is – will Slane Castle 2012 go ahead, and who shall be the headline act? Rumour has it that Foo Fighters and Coldplay are in the running for the monumental event which will accommodate over 80,000 music lovers at the foothill of the historic Slane Castle. The natural amphitheatre has previously played host to acts such as Rolling Stones, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis and Kings Of Leon in recent times, so there is definitely no room for a relatively famous band or group. It needs to be a biggie, and in our opinion, Coldplay fit the bill perfectly following the success of their recent studio album release ‘Mylo Xyloto’, not to mention their previous 4 LP’s. With hits such as ‘Yellow’, ‘In My Place’, ‘Fix You’, ‘Viva La Vida’, ‘Paradise’ and many more – surely they deserve to grace the stage as the main attraction this Summer.
    Yesterday (April 11th 2012), the main man of Slane Castle Lord Henry Mountcharles stated: “I am still holding one date in 2012 and it is a possibility that might be a show, but at this stage, I can’t hold the date for much longer. I am extremely careful about choosing a headline act and, until I am convinced I have made the right choice, I will never confirm a show, but in this case, time is running out and I will be making an announcement regarding this year in the very near future.”
    A definitive announcement is expected in the coming days.
    Here at Music Scene, we heard through the grapevine that August 25th shall be the scheduled concert date for Slane Castle this year – but don’t hold us to it… yet!

http://musicscene.ie/2012/04/slane-castle-possibly-set-for-august-25th-2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

According to their website Coldplay finish in the U.S on August 11th and are due to play Denmark August 28th so they could fit in August 24th in Slane.But I was told earlier this year by someone in MCD that they wouldn't be playing here until 2013

As much as i would love for FF to play im not sure Mountcharles would pick(even though they are perfect for it :D ) but with them not selling out T-Vital yet it could be risky unless they get a seriously strong support . Basically 2003 again without RHCP :) .
    If its Foo Fighters they do have 25th free but would they go Leeds-Dublin-Reading?

Id say Coldplay will be the ones (if it happens) and if its true they wont be here till 2013 then they could do it next year

The way he said "he can't hold the date" sounds like he can't get the band he wants. If Coldplay was playing, i don't think it would've taken this long to agree to it, since there was rumours about them in talks since January.

It doesn't make sense for them to wait for 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Heard Coldplay too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

This is ridiculous, why say Slane is "unlikely"?

I doubt Coldplay will do it seen as how themselves, Madonna and GaGa were supposedly lined up to play that venue and two have already been announced. If they play here it will be the Aviva.

Otherwise I can't see any other act selling out this year.

He obviously wants to secure AC/DC for next year seen as how they could easily sell out 80,000 tickets, I don't know any other band touring this summer who could sell that many in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

So it's been confirmed, "One Direction to play Slane 2012" !!!

Advertisement