Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Concert 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I'd love if Muse were playing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Coldplay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Coldplay!
    Was in the evening herald tonight that Coldplay will def b announced

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Was in the evening herald tonight that Coldplay will def b announced

Awaits for the "maybe FF will support them" like last year with KOL people saying FF would support them at Slane .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Awaits for the "maybe FF will support them" like last year with KOL people saying FF would support them at Slane .

Why? Are the Lab/FG coalition introducing a Dail motion to have Coldplay do Slane this year and they need FF support due to the handful of backbenchers who will lost the whip by voting down the motion because they are into music and realise Coldplay are ****e?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

What would Foo Fighters be doing on a support bill?

I know they aren't as big in Ireland as elsewhere but I still can't imagine them supporting anyone, especially as they were a support act at that venue twice before.

Really I doubt there will be a Slane this year, surely they would have announced it by now looking at how the recession has affected sales of big gigs like this one.

karaokeman wrote: »
    What would Foo Fighters be doing on a support bill?

I know they aren't as big in Ireland as elsewhere but I still can't imagine them supporting anyone, especially as they were a support act at that venue twice before.

Really I doubt there will be a Slane this year, surely they would have announced it by now looking at how the recession has affected sales of big gigs like this one.

I know thats what i meant , there was people saying Foo's would support KOL last year or Muse would do it ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Coldplay!
    Echo and the Bunnymen?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭johnbobtheslob

Green Day are rumored to have a tour landing in the UK in the Autumn.

Slane is very much a possibilty for them as they are a band that could easily sell it out, given they have a somewhat decent special guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Green Day are rumored to have a tour landing in the UK in the Autumn.

Slane is very much a possibilty for them as they are a band that could easily sell it out, given they have a somewhat decent special guest.

Green Day
    Blink-182
    Sum 41
    New Found Glory
    Jody Has A Hitlist

My Dream Line Up :)

• Advertisement

Green Day
    Blink-182
    Sum 41
    New Found Glory
    Jody Has A Hitlist

JHAH????? Terrible band imo ha .

If Green Day could not sell out Marley Park with Paramore (only sold about 20000/25000) so even with Blink who havent sold out either Dublin or Belfast show it wouldnt sell out Slane.

JHAH????? Terrible band imo ha .

If Green Day could not sell out Marley Park with Paramore (only sold about 20000/25000) so even with Blink who havent sold out either Dublin or Belfast show it wouldnt sell out Slane.

I Only Put In J.H.A.H Because There Irish:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Green Day
    Blink-182
    Sum 41
    New Found Glory
    Jody Has A Hitlist

I doubt any of their fans would be old enough to go to Slane.

Blink-182

I should also add not only have Blink failed to sell out the O2 as of yet but there is still standing tickets available.

Their popularity has absolutely diminished in this country and there isn't gonna be a hope of them helping Green Day sell tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Just being Irish doesn't mean they are any good!

Just being Irish doesn't mean they are any good!

But Slane Usually Always Has an Irish Band :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Really? Embarrassing for us :p
    karaokeman wrote: »
    I should also add not only have Blink failed to sell out the O2 as of yet but there is still standing tickets available.

Their popularity has absolutely diminished in this country and there isn't gonna be a hope of them helping Green Day sell tickets.

The fact that they are no good these days can also be taken into account :pac:

I don't think Green Day would play Slane even if the tour rumour does turn out to be true, which I really hope it does. I think they'd just come back to the 02..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

From what I've heard Green Day are gonna do an Arena tour at the end of the year which would rule out Slane. I'd absolutely love to see them at Slane but don't think it's realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Who headlined at Oxegen last year? i remember hearing there was an informal sort of arrangement used by MCD in order to get big acts for Oxegen. A Slane headliner was thrown in as a sweetner to the deal to get them showing up at Oxegen. Given that headliners last year were FF and Coldplay, my money is on Coldplay. Frankly, it'd be a bit of a yawn fest if that's how it turns out. Slane isn't what is used to be.

squonk wrote: »
    Slane isn't what is used to be.

Meh Coldplay ain't that much more mainstream than David Bowie, Bob Dylan, R.E.M. etc would have been in "the day".

I'm pretty sure there will be good Slane gigs to come in the future. Sure even after Robbie Williams they still had the likes of U2 and RHCP, one pop gig doesn't mean the end of all rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 moles92

It might not be much, but Green Day are putting up studio updates for their new album and this one I think is talking about doing Slane at the start. Might be nothing, but they are playing a Festival in France around late August so it's a possibility. Slane has been on in August.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=YJnSSKqyraM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

might be worth checking out when Rolling Stones are doing their 50th Anniversary Tour.....

Cant see Green Day doing Slane , not big enough .

Rolling Stones are out aswell according to this
    According to reports, British Rock veterans The Rolling Stones will delay their 50th anniversary celebrations until 2013.

The iconic rockers, who kicked-off a legendary career with a London gig way back in July 1962, were rumoured to announced a 50th anniversary world tour this year celebrating the milestone in their hugely successful career.

However, despite promising comments from band guitarist Ronnie Wood earlier this year, who revealed that he and his fellow Stones were on the verge of a new worldwide tour, the suggested shows have been delayed until 2013.

When asked about the 50th anniversary jaunt, Stones guitarist and songwriter Keith Richards commented: “Basically, we're just not ready. I have a feeling that's [2013] more realistic.”

• Registered Users Posts: 9 moles92

I agree Green Day couldn't sell it..but Green Day and Foos together ? Both will be floating around Europe around August what that French show and Foos doing Reading/Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Egan91

moles92 wrote: »
    I agree Green Day couldn't sell it..but Green Day and Foos together ? Both will be floating around Europe around August what that French show and Foos doing Reading/Leeds

Around American Idiot time Green Day couldve sold out Slane ... There have been rumours going around for ages of a co-headline between Green Day and Foo Fighters and that would be an AMAZING!! Gig .. Green Day are playing a french festival on the weekend of August 24,25 and 26th and a German festival on September 1st so while Foos are doing Reading and Leeds the same weekend as Green Day are in France so its deffo not impossible like! :D

Egan91 wrote: »
    Around American Idiot time Green Day couldve sold out Slane ... There have been rumours going around for ages of a co-headline between Green Day and Foo Fighters and that would be an AMAZING!! Gig .. Green Day are playing a french festival on the weekend of August 24,25 and 26th and a German festival on September 1st so while Foos are doing Reading and Leeds the same weekend as Green Day are in France so its deffo not impossible like! :D

Both bands are beyond co-headlining at this stage

Both bands are beyond co-headlining at this stage

I would think so too but after all it is Slane ... Its got that stigma attached to it and is one of the ultimate venues to do for any band and I'm sure Foos and Green Day wouldnt mind sharing the stage XD

Egan91 wrote: »
    I would think so too but after all it is Slane ... Its got that stigma attached to it and is one of the ultimate venues to do for any band and I'm sure Foos and Green Day wouldnt mind sharing the stage XD

True , but then there would be "who will go on last" . I think MCD would rather do no Slane and do 2 seperate gigs and selling out both gigs

True , but then there would be "who will go on last" . I think MCD would rather do no Slane and do 2 seperate gigs and selling out both gigs

Thats very true, Plus MCD would prob make more money by doing 2 seperate gigs with a lower production cost aswell. Still we can hope! xD

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Slane NEEDS Muse to start touring again

Advertisement