Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Concert 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Ahem

Not everyones a fan but theres not a band active at the moment that could come close to matching the 360 tour

U2 for Slane 2012? I wouldn't mind.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I've seen The Killers 4 times live and they used to be pretty poor but they're great now. The Hyde Park gig linked above there was fantastic.

I saw the killers in 07 and was so bored that I left lol, I haven't seen them since, maybe they have improved, I still wouldn't be bothered to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

_Lola_ wrote: »

It's been done!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

_Lola_ wrote: »

If they play like they did at Glastonbury itd be very well received. Toned down stage show and just playing mainly older stuff. Some gig to be at :cool:

Nice location too :pac:

Im still hoping for the Foos though. Ireland could use an earthquake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Foos, Queens Of The Stone Age, Biffy Clyro and Tenacious D. Only line up other than Metallica that would interest me this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

If Foos aren't announced I don't know if I'll even bother.

Slane 2013 will be much better as the chance is still there we may be getting AC/DC.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foos, Queens Of The Stone Age, Biffy Clyro and Tenacious D. Only line up other than Metallica that would interest me this year

Id say we would only get one of those support acts and with Tenacious D in Germany in June they could be in with a shot(depending on when/if Slane is)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeK0vwxBDgo

Those guys should play Slane!!

Id say we would only get one of those support acts and with Tenacious D in Germany in June they could be in with a shot(depending on when/if Slane is)
    Im just basing my estimates on links. Dave Grohl played drums on a QOTSA album and both (and the soon to be released 3rd) Tenacious D album. Josh Homme played guitar on a Biffy Clyro song. Biffy have supported Foos before. QOTSA, Biffy and Tenacious D are recording or finishing off new albums and due to tour at some point in 2012. Foo's are finishing their tour, what better way to round it off than a huge show at Slane.

Again this is a dream scenario for my own music tastes. I'd throw Feeder in there too but that would make this wishlist way too similar to Slane 2003. But rather than some pop bull$hit I would love a show like that, or a huge one day metal fest (Metallica, Machine Head, Trivium etc) similar to 2009. Not necessarily in Slane but somewhere in Ireland, I believe we are due a huge rock show like that

Im just basing my estimates on links. Dave Grohl played drums on a QOTSA album and both (and the soon to be released 3rd) Tenacious D album. Josh Homme played guitar on a Biffy Clyro song. Biffy have supported Foos before. QOTSA, Biffy and Tenacious D are recording or finishing off new albums and due to tour at some point in 2012. Foo's are finishing their tour, what better way to round it off than a huge show at Slane.

Again this is a dream scenario for my own music tastes. I'd throw Feeder in there too but that would make this wishlist way too similar to Slane 2003. But rather than some pop bull$hit I would love a show like that, or a huge one day metal fest (Metallica, Machine Head, Trivium etc) similar to 2009. Not necessarily in Slane but somewhere in Ireland, I believe we are due a huge rock show like that

THIS!!!! A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. But I don't think there are enough metal/rock fans in Ireland to enable Metallica plus others to fill Slane(sadly)??

• Advertisement

[/B]

THIS!!!! A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. But I don't think there are enough metal/rock fans in Ireland to enable Metallica plus others to fill Slane(sadly)??
    As I said not necessarily Slane. Id even take Marley Park or the RDS again!!!

As I said not necessarily Slane. Id even take Marley Park or the RDS again!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't get me started on that dump.

Wouldn't mind the RDS meself.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't get me started on that dump.

Wouldn't mind the RDS meself.
    Probably a discussion for another thread but I have never had a problem with Marley Park sound, but every time I have been there I was in the first 5 rows :P

Probably a discussion for another thread but I have never had a problem with Marley Park sound, but every time I have been there I was in the first 5 rows :P

I'm not that lucky. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea fair enough i get ya , im pretty sure Biffy are not playing to many shows next summer till the new album is out . Id love if they did play Slane and it was the last night of the Wasting Light tour it would just be epic (and if they recorded it would be better :) )

My Dream Line Up Would Be

Foo Fighters
    Limp Bizkit
    Weezer
    Gaslight Anthem
    And So I Watch You From Afar(just for the Irish-ness)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

It's been done!

Back in 2001.
    And I wasn't there so I'm hoping for the reprise. :p
    Toned down stage show and just playing mainly older stuff. Some gig to be at :cool:

Nice location too :pac:

Exactly. :cool:

Greenday?
    Really people... as if.

Muse ftw.
    Saw them in Marley park a few years ago & they are amazing.

Would love another outdoors gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

allanb49 wrote: »
    Yup i said the last good gig was 2003's gig with RHCP, and that's where the foo's came up
    seen Oasis in 2009 and they were pretty epic plus with the Prodigy and Kasabian on the bill it was top notch. The Rolling Stones were good too, they got bad reviews for some reason
    When does the act for slane be announced or when was kings of leon announced last year?
    I got tix for the KoL gig in the Point which was in December after they sold out Slane so i'd imagine they were announced early September..

I personally think Springsteen would have been the perfect choice, but he's went with the RDS and their ****ty sound again.

Looking at the Isle of Wight seen as there's no Glasto this year they have Tom Petty, Noely G and Springsteen.. Tom Petty is looks mega live and he sold out both the O2 and the Marquee for early June today so maybe they should have went with him even or Paul McCartney who has an album due in February

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

Has to be either Coldplay or Foo Fighters at this stage as they're the only acts who are touring and could potentially fill the place....Think somebody like Swedish House Mafia would be absolutely brilliant there but not a chance of them being booked as not enough tickets would be shifted but would be nice to have a year when its not just Oasis, KOL, Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Has to be either Coldplay or Foo Fighters at this stage as they're the only acts who are touring and could potentially fill the place....Think somebody like Swedish House Mafia would be absolutely brilliant there but not a chance of them being booked as not enough tickets would be shifted but would be nice to have a year when its not just Oasis, KOL, Etc
    i think Coldplay and the Foo are the only two around and available, the Foo havent got many dates announced so far for 2012.. whereas Coldplay have their last English date June 10 before heading out to America from June 22 until mid August before another European tour so space is limited to squeeze them in either before they go or after they come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Any chance of Pearl Jam I wonder?

bobbygirl wrote: »
    Any chance of Pearl Jam I wonder?

i would love this, pearl jam and foos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

darryn wrote: »
    i would love this, pearl jam and foos

pearl jam would be great, but wouldnt have the fan base to fill slane 80,000 is too many for them

indiewindy wrote: »
    pearl jam would be great, but wouldnt have the fan base to fill slane 80,000 is too many for them

this is why foos could headline

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Pj could do it but severely doubt theyd be into it given its size.
    And they dont support contemporaries. last band they supported was U2 in hawaii. It's not something they do.

david75 wrote: »
    Pj could do it but severely doubt theyd be into it given its size.
    And they dont support contemporaries. last band they supported was U2 in hawaii. It's not something they do.

Slane 2012 - U2 supported by Pearl Jam.
    You heard it here 1st folks!
    If not true we can all lynch this guy :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

:)
    think you need to re-read my post :)
    36_main.jpg

Shhhhhhhhhhhh
    >_>
    <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 edmono

its got to be pearl jam all the way and they would fill it no prob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

edmono wrote: »
    its got to be pearl jam all the way and they would fill it no prob

Pearl Jam would not fill Slane in fairness. I like the band but that is a serious stretch of the imagination.

Advertisement