Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Concert 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Looks like Stone Roses aren't doing Slane....playing Phoenix Park on July 5th.

Wonder would Coldplay be a possibility? They are touring and haven't announced an Irish date yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

jamieh wrote: »

Wonder would Coldplay be a possibility? They are touring and haven't announced an Irish date yet...

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

jamieh wrote: »

Looks lik oxegen is gone!!
    I reckon it will b either foo fighters or Coldplay for slane now can't think of any1 else at this stage who would play it r mayb it's not goin ahead either. . Strange that coldplays rumoured date for 16june at the aviva has disappeared off that hotels website too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Thank Christ the Stone Roses are staying well clear of this dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I reckon the Stones Roses playing Phoenix park leaves the Foo Fighters nailed on for this. So fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

threein99 wrote: »
    I reckon the Stones Roses playing Phoenix park leaves the Foo Fighters nailed on for this. So fingers crossed

Yup im really praying for Foo's or id be still happy if Coldplay do it (but no as happy :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Yup im really praying for Foo's or id be still happy if Coldplay do it (but no as happy :) )

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Now that there's no Oxegen next year there a few bands that could play Slane who otherwise would have played Oxegen...

The Killers
    Kasabian
    Coldplay
    Snow Patrol

Wildcard Lady Gaga with The Killers supporting? She could certainly shift 80k tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Now that there's no Oxegen next year there a few bands that could play Slane who otherwise would have played Oxegen...

The Killers
    Kasabian
    Coldplay
    Snow Patrol

Wildcard Lady Gaga with The Killers supporting? She could certainly shift 80k tickets

Mountcharles can't afford any more pop bookings. Lady GaGa should play the RDS or Malahide Castle.

Really don't think there will be a Slane 12. None of the four Killers, Kasabian, Coldplay and Snow Patrol would be big enough to sell 80k tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

It has to Foo Fighters at this stage doesn't it??

There doesnt seem to be any other band available that would shift 80,000 tickets!!

• Advertisement

The Killers
    Kasabian
    Coldplay
    Snow Patrol

Yea he wont go for the pop act again although i can see Lady Gaga doing her own outdoor shows this year maybe Pheonix Park or Marlay

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yea he wont go for the pop act again although i can see Lady Gaga doing her own outdoor shows this year maybe Pheonix Park or Marlay

Easier to bomb the stage if outdoors >_>

Will there even be a Slane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Will there even be a Slane?

You suggesting someone could blow up the town?

Savman wrote: »
    You suggesting someone could blow up the town?

Chance would be a fine thing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

karaokeman wrote: »
    Mountcharles can't afford any more pop bookings. Lady GaGa should play the RDS or Malahide Castle.

Really don't think there will be a Slane 12. None of the four Killers, Kasabian, Coldplay and Snow Patrol would be big enough to sell 80k tickets.

Coldplay couldn't sell 80k tickets??Are you serious?They're the biggest band in the world at the mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Coldplay couldn't sell 80k tickets??Are you serious?They're the biggest band in the world at the mo!

Stop quoting You Me At Six.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

karaokeman wrote: »
    Stop quoting You Me At Six.

what?

I think Slane needs a band that can actually cause an earthquake :D:D
    Alternative rock icons the Foo Fighters and comedy rockers Tenacious D managed to pull off one of the most rock ‘n’ roll achievements ever at a gig in New Zealand - after geologists nearby recorded tremors similar to those recorded during earthquakes.

The show on Tuesday, which was attended by a crowd in excess of 50,000 people, turned into a wild gig with thousands upon thousands of fans dancing and moshing away, causing seismometers watched by nearby geologists to go off the scale.

When support act Tenacious D made their way on to stage, the crowd were already in hyperactive mode, and caused so much action that showed up on the equipment as actual seismic activity. But when the Foo Fighters came on, the biggest activity was recorded, causing seismometers to go off the scale.

“The cause of the shaking is most likely the weight of the 50,000 fans dancing, as 50,000 fans is equal to around 5,000 tonnes of mass moving (or moshing) on the ground for the duration of the concert,” the Auckland-based scientists explained. “This set up a nice harmonic vibration in the ground which was recorded in our nearby borehole seismometers.”

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

I think Slane needs a band that can actually cause an earthquake :D:D
    Alternative rock icons the Foo Fighters and comedy rockers Tenacious D managed to pull off one of the most rock ‘n’ roll achievements ever at a gig in New Zealand - after geologists nearby recorded tremors similar to those recorded during earthquakes.

The show on Tuesday, which was attended by a crowd in excess of 50,000 people, turned into a wild gig with thousands upon thousands of fans dancing and moshing away, causing seismometers watched by nearby geologists to go off the scale.

When support act Tenacious D made their way on to stage, the crowd were already in hyperactive mode, and caused so much action that showed up on the equipment as actual seismic activity. But when the Foo Fighters came on, the biggest activity was recorded, causing seismometers to go off the scale.

“The cause of the shaking is most likely the weight of the 50,000 fans dancing, as 50,000 fans is equal to around 5,000 tonnes of mass moving (or moshing) on the ground for the duration of the concert,” the Auckland-based scientists explained. “This set up a nice harmonic vibration in the ground which was recorded in our nearby borehole seismometers.”

After reading that I think I'd cry if they're not announced for Slane next year :D!!

Also Tenacious D supporting them would be pretty kick ass as well!!

• Advertisement

Kettle316 wrote: »
    After reading that I think I'd cry if they're not announced for Slane next year :D!!

Also Tenacious D supporting them would be pretty kick ass as well!!

Yea or even QOTSA would be epic . Add Gaslight Anthem/Feeder

The Killers please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The Killers please!

god no, they are shockingly bad live

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Murdoc90 wrote: »

Ahem

Not everyones a fan but theres not a band active at the moment that could come close to matching the 360 tour

darryn wrote: »
    god no, they are shockingly bad live

Sure thing... crowd going mental too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Sure thing... crowd going mental too

but it sounds horrible

I remember seeing The Killers at Oxegen 2007 and they were boring as f**k , so when they played in 2009 i was glad NIN clashed with them so i didnt mind going to NIN instead . However after seeing the coverage from there set at Oxegen 2009 they have seriously improved and especially their Hyde Park gig during the summer looked great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I've seen The Killers 4 times live and they used to be pretty poor but they're great now. The Hyde Park gig linked above there was fantastic.

Could Muse do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

killers gotten better each time i have seen them

Advertisement