Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mishboys

i posted mine on the 1st and tought that i would have heard by now..i also rang on thurs and the person wouldnt even check to see if they had processed my form just kept telling me to wait for my letter...was not a happy bunny.:mad::mad: thanks for letting me know im not the only one waiting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 baldyrazor

Hi just letting you all know that I just got a phonecall telling me that my payment will be in the bank in the nxt 5 working days so they finally seem to b processing the forms. I sent mine on the 30th of June. Hopefully u will all receive word soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

I sent my form on the 4th so I rang them today to check and was told I could be waiting 6-8 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭heathcliff

I rang today and they checked my PPS number to see if it was being processed, my number didn't come up so was told that I would be in for the 6-8 week wait:(..The only good thing from this is that now I know!!!

oh happy days i got it this morning...i posted mine on the 1st of july..ive spent the morning thanking god..ive got to get my 3 girls sorted today..hope ye all get good news too:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

thats great you got it :D
    I still didnt hear a thing :(
    was yours in the bank or the post office? and did you get a letter first? I posted mine on the 4th of july :(

it was in the post office for the past 3days but i only got letter this morning..hope ye all recieve it soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

heathcliff wrote: »
    I rang today and they checked my PPS number to see if it was being processed, my number didn't come up so was told that I would be in for the 6-8 week wait:(..The only good thing from this is that now I know!!!

was just wondering is it from the date you posted your form or from now that you will have to wait the 6 8 weeks the children will back at school if its 6 8 weeks from now

I received my letter today to say we do not qualify :mad: WTF!!!! I am sooo angry. I don't know where they are getting their figures from :confused: I am gutted :(
    Hope ye have better luck than me anyway

was just wondering is it from the date you posted your form or from now that you will have to wait the 6 8 weeks the children will back at school if its 6 8 weeks from now

From the date the applications were available is what I was told but you never know!!!

• Advertisement

jackmax wrote: »
    I received my letter today to say we do not qualify :mad: WTF!!!! I am sooo angry. I don't know where they are getting their figures from :confused: I am gutted :(
    Hope ye have better luck than me anyway

Sorry to hear that :( Did you think that you were entitled to it??? , can you appeal the decision??

at the end of the letter it says you cant appeal it but you can get a review whatever that is :confused: they said that our income was 577 or something in that region but i get 79.50 social welfare and my partners wage is roughly around 523.00 to take home. his wage slip that we sent in had that amount on it. it varies though cos he works nights every week so some weeks its a little more but i was sure that we were entitled. we have 4 kids but can only claim for 3 cos my partner's daughters mam claims for her. but the limit was 623 for 3 kids and we were under that i thought :confused:

By what you are saying you should be entitled??? You could ring these they might be able to help

http://www.inou.ie/

good luck and let us know how you got on..

thanks a million, I have just emailed that crowd now so will let you know when/if I hear back. thanks again :)

oh god im sorry to hear that you didnt get it..if you dont get a reply from them go see the local social welfare officer they will help you..i got refused last year and i knew i was below the limit and the local officer was great..best of luck with it ...

I got a reply from the email and they said that they go by the gross wage and take into account PRSI and travel expenses to work but my partner only works 5 mins away from here so I think its pointless to argue it. Im still so annoyed over it :mad:

So sorry to hear that...Just went back on to citizen information site to see if they did say about gross wage and they did, never read it properly...And agree with you that there is no point arguing in their decision :( Its such an expense getting them back to school..I am still waiting for a reply and have started to get a bit every week trying to spread out the cost!!!.. I think for next year I may start earlier, like a lot of other people will...Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Posted forms 4th - still heard nothing. Only 1 person I know ( out of millions) got it automaticly. Of all the remainding millions no one has received anything. Seems their 80% automatic qualificiation did not materialise - Huge chunk who received last year & previous years have had to apply manually. The kiddies school is a DEIS school so would have a large proportion of people who rely on this grant & like I say only know 1 parent who actually received a payment. Fingers & toes still crossed it comes in soon

@Lucy2010
    Well we have had the complete opposite experience then because everyone I know who was entitled to it GOT it except me!!!:( like you and many others I am hoping it comes sooner rather than later..I applied around the 6th and still no word:confused:...I would have thought it would have been dealt with quicker since they had less to process!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mat cauthon

I am sure if you have a genuine "entitlement" you will get it. Unlike those thousands who will struggle hugely, budget, save scrimp and go without to get their kids off, without state help, because on paper they are too well off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

heathcliff wrote: »
    @Lucy2010
    Well we have had the complete opposite experience then because everyone I know who was entitled to it GOT it except me!!!:( like you and many others I am hoping it comes sooner rather than later..I applied around the 6th and still no word:confused:...I would have thought it would have been dealt with quicker since they had less to process!!!

i was €6ish over last year & was refused but my welfare has changed since so am way below now so please god. Like the €6 was going to get them back to school ............... But I do know a guy with 7 kiddies who has been receiving it for forever & no automatic entitlement this year. I actually argued with the school over it though - The tracksuits are only available in the school in June of every year - Thank God for my parents or my kiddies would be tracksuit less. I would say many kids will be tracksuit less this year .

I am sure if you have a genuine "entitlement" you will get it. Unlike those thousands who will struggle hugely, budget, save scrimp and go without to get their kids off, without state help, because on paper they are too well off.

I agree that there is many who are just over the income levels who could really use it and yes it has been a struggle to try and budget all the out goings (like most)..Because of not receiving it earlier, the summer activities to amuse the children have been close to home and cost very little!!!...One trip to the sea this summer has been my highlight!!! I was afraid of not getting it in time so I have been getting one/two things a week!!!...I am hoping everyone who is entitled to it gets it soon though!!

lucy2010 wrote: »
    i was €6ish over last year & was refused but my welfare has changed since so am way below now so please god. Like the €6 was going to get them back to school ............... But I do know a guy with 7 kiddies who has been receiving it for forever & no automatic entitlement this year. I actually argued with the school over it though - The tracksuits are only available in the school in June of every year - Thank God for my parents or my kiddies would be tracksuit less. I would say many kids will be tracksuit less this year .

When you hear people of being over a few euro its hard to take!!!..And I do realise that they have to cap it but its not nice for the people hearing it that are just over!!!...Fingers crossed for you too it comes soon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

The implication here is that those with an entitlement to BSCFA are not struggling hugely, budgeting, saving, scriming and going without. The other posters on this thread are too stressed out about this to even notice your strange contribution to what in actual fact is one of the most supportive helpfull threads on boards.ie. Still, im sure your glad youve made your point.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    The implication here is that those with an entitlement to BSCFA are not struggling hugely, budgeting, saving, scriming and going without. The other posters on this thread are too stressed out about this to even notice your strange contribution to what in actual fact is one of the most supportive helpfull threads on boards.ie. Still, im sure your glad youve made your point.:rolleyes:
    +1 well said

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mat cauthon

At least you are struggling and scrimping with some hope of govt handout. Its more than most of us.
    If you are genuinely entitled, I am sure you will get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

At least you are struggling and scrimping with some hope of govt handout. Its more than most of us.
    Its "them" and "us" for you, isnt it? Them are the lazy, useless, feckless, chainsmoking, lotto ticket buying, ciderswillin', iphone losin, hair-dyin', scobie-breedin wasters who take a hefty chunk out of your"hard-earned" wages every week."us" are down to their last apartment in romania and only 2 sun holidays a year. Boo-hoo.

I had intended to respond to this post in a totally different way but then decided on the following....first of all I think it would make very little difference in changing your attitude and second of all this forum is about helping others who "like most of us" are hanging on by a thread by sharing information and giving support....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Back on topic please people.If you dont like a post report it!!

• Advertisement

I just rang to see if my application was being dealt with and got the news that I have been awarded it :) I had rang last week and it hadn't been so keep checking back with them weekly for individual updates!!

Advertisement