Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

Got mine in the bank this morning Woo Hoo !!!! Thats a huge relief. Got no letter though

• Registered Users Posts: 29 im a believer

oh my god i no the feelin, hav 2 girls in secondary hav to buy jacket with crest 50 each, jumper with crest 45 each, trousers only one style allowed 38 each as well as books bags tracksuits runners shoes oh god the list appears to be endless, i also have one son who is growing at lightening speed and needs new uniform and pe gear which also has crest. no sign of any letter had to appeal last year and got it 2 days before scholl started, so wont hold my breath, better start diggin that hole !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My sister got her letter through today telling her the payment would be there for her tommorrow.

Much relief, I can tell you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Got letter today and the money is also in my bank today.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭heathcliff

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Quite a few have received letters in the last 2 days, Ive actually seen one! Its like bird watchers spotting a kingfisher or whatever! they seem to be trickling through. Dont bother texting for a form if you get neither letter or payment. Your local CIC will print one off for you on the 30th (Thursday). Fill it up and send it away asap.

What is CIC?? Is this your local Citizen Information Centre???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anyone recieve payment who is on ce scheme, this is our only income, recieved no letter, seems to be a delay in these letters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

The letter actually came in the post just now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Got letter today and the money is also in my bank today.

+1

Was reading this thread and decided to go to the banklink and check and there it was! Can't wait to go get all the school stuff tomorrow. It'll be a weight off my mind for the rest of the summer that it's already been got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sheehan.thomas

I got this allowance for the last 3 years and my circumstances are still the same. I have not received this at all so i rang the helpline. I was told those on disability allowance will have to reapply that for some reason they arent paid automatically. What a dose

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

got my letter today as did a friend of mine with a lil one the same as age as my one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

I rang there a few mins ago. she said i have not been paid automatically :( i asked her was there a reason and she said that there was some glitch in their system and some people weren't paid who should have been. she is sending me out the form to send in. at least i know now i suppose and just have to wait and see :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

heathcliff wrote: »
    What is CIC?? Is this your local Citizen Information Centre???
    Yep. http://centres.citizensinformation.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sheehan.thomas

Has anyone receiving disability allowance received this allowance, i was told because im on disability allowance ill need to reapply again.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jayjayxxx

jackmax wrote: »
    I rang there a few mins ago. she said i have not been paid automatically :( i asked her was there a reason and she said that there was some glitch in their system and some people weren't paid who should have been. she is sending me out the form to send in. at least i know now i suppose and just have to wait and see :(

i'll have to ring them.. knew that something like that would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

checked bank and its there no letter but happy got kids stuff today before its sold out phew can breath easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

pauline60 wrote: »
    I get my money paid into my bank account. Does this mean my btsfw will be paid into my account or will I have to go to the post office to collect it.

Yes your bank, thats what happened to me. It was in my bank account wthe day i recieved letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mishboys

ive checked the bank nothing my partner got his jsa today and still nothing..i wont be able to manage with out it im really getting worried now the uniforms are only advailable next monday and tuesday from the school and i wont be able to get them:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Did you apply for it?

CE participants who would be entitled to an increase for their child if they were on a qualifying payment, and who are below the relevant income limits ARE entitled to the payment. Even if you are above the limits, you may still receive the payment through the alternative assessment procedure if you are on one of the following schemes.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/back_to_school_clothing_and_footwear_allowance.html

Ye , I had actually applied a few weeks before I knew about the CE scheme , on my first day my CWO rang me and said my application had been passed but would not be processed any further as it had been brought to their attention that I was now on CE and no longer qualified for the payment. Nobody I worked with on CE ever got it and they all applied every year hoping to get it.

mishboys wrote: »
    ive checked the bank nothing my partner got his jsa today and still nothing..i wont be able to manage with out it im really getting worried now the uniforms are only advailable next monday and tuesday from the school and i wont be able to get them:(:(:(

a friend of mine who gets it every year rang today and she was told to get a form so i'd say if you havn't got it yet it's not looking like you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Superwhy

Has anyone receiving disability allowance received this allowance, i was told because im on disability allowance ill need to reapply again.:mad:

Tut that's awful, they could have said that before today.

• Advertisement

I wonder how long it will take to process once we send in the form? last year when i got the form i sent it back straight away and I got the payment 6 wks later. wonder will it be quicker this year cos there won't be as many applications cos of the automatic payments??

I wonder how long it will take to process once we send in the form? last year when i got the form i sent it back straight away and I got the payment 6 wks later. wonder will it be quicker this year cos there won't be as many applications cos of the automatic payments??

i'm gunna get form tomorrow and ask so i'll let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 saoirse33

i recieved the btscfa last year and thought i would automatically get it this year,checked my post ofice monday and nothing and got my normal payment today and still nothing...

i heard that even if you reccieving same money but on back to work scheme or doing a fas course you wont qualify automaticaly

can someone post the number to ring please

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Helium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 slippersRheels

Cheers for the form, searched all morn for it, Heres hoping I get it. :)

1890 66 22 44 is the number to ring. stay on hold to talk to someone. pressing 1 is only an automated thing.

got my form in the post this morning so going to post it off later today and hopefully they won't take too long with it

1890 66 22 44 is the number to ring. stay on hold to talk to someone. pressing 1 is only an automated thing.

got my form in the post this morning so going to post it off later today and hopefully they won't take too long with it

Thanks. If 80% of people received it automatically it shouldn't take them long to process the other 20% forms

• Advertisement

jayjayxxx wrote: »
    Thanks. If 80% of people received it automatically it shouldn't take them long to process the other 20% forms

Yeah thats what im thinking too :) fingers crossed we are right!!

Advertisement