Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mommysteph

Just read some of the posts for today... I get paid via the bank, so I am hoping it will be with my payment on Thursday in the bank.. do not fancy looking stupid at the post office if there is nothing there.. Does anyone get paid via the bank before thursday whom has recieved it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mishboys

my sister did not recieve any letter yet but we read the post this morning and decided to check post office and her payment of the btsa was there mine wasnt i was wondering as i no longer recieve a sw payment will it be with my childerns allowance or will it go on my partners payment as he claims for me.my sister does not get her payment till tommorow..as for getting it into the bank it could be in your bank account already..hope you find out soon
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

mishboys wrote: »
    my sister did not recieve any letter yet but we read the post this morning and decided to check post office and her payment of the btsa was there mine wasnt i was wondering as i no longer recieve a sw payment will it be with my childerns allowance or will it go on my partners payment as he claims for me.a
    :confused::confused::confused:

it will be in your partners payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

on my receipt it says pay period 23/06/11 to 23/06/11 so should be in your bank post office etc this week if its not then im sure you will have to use the form

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭heathcliff

I still have not got letter either and judging by the amount of information shared here, there is still so much confusion over the whole thing!!!....What did we do before "Boards.ie".....!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

carrier pidgeon or smoke signals ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

heathcliff wrote: »
    I still have not got letter either and judging by the amount of information shared here, there is still so much confusion over the whole thing!!!....What did we do before "Boards.ie".....!!!!!!

Generally we just made stuff up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

I was refused last year as I was getting fulllone parents & half sick soI wasover the limit. Im on enterprise now ( well its taking them months to move me from LP to it so technically im on LP still ) & back below the limit. Im hearing anyone who got it last year is automaticly entitled to it?? How can they work that out when peoples circumstances have changed over the year

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

& sorry I forgot to add if anyones school is like ours you can only buy the tracksuit off the school ( sole supplier) the first 2 wednesdays of June & the book suplier will only order the books with payment upfront. Im luck I had my parents help or they would be tracksuitless in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭heathcliff

jjll wrote: »
    carrier pidgeon or smoke signals ha ha

Whatever it takes!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

lucy2010 wrote: »
    I was refused last year as I was getting fulllone parents & half sick soI wasover the limit. Im on enterprise now ( well its taking them months to move me from LP to it so technically im on LP still ) & back below the limit. Im hearing anyone who got it last year is automaticly entitled to it?? How can they work that out when peoples circumstances have changed over the year

You should have appealed that last year. My daughter was refused and appealed it and it was granted. I am assuming as its the social welfare looking after the scheme this year they have all our benefit details already so would know if things had changed. Text off for your form an apply asap. It will take a while to be processed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jayjayxxx

hopefully everyone who didnt get it monday will recieve it next week

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

do they send out a letter to let you know when it can be picked up..would it not be better to send check out to home address?

i haven't heard of anyone receiving a letter..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

jayjayxxx wrote: »
    i haven't heard of anyone receiving a letter..
    Quite a few have received letters in the last 2 days, Ive actually seen one! Its like bird watchers spotting a kingfisher or whatever! they seem to be trickling through. Dont bother texting for a form if you get neither letter or payment. Your local CIC will print one off for you on the 30th (Thursday). Fill it up and send it away asap.

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Quite a few have received letters in the last 2 days, Ive actually seen one! Its like bird watchers spotting a kingfisher or whatever! they seem to be trickling through. Dont bother texting for a form if you get neither letter or payment. Your local CIC will print one off for you on the 30th (Thursday). Fill it up and send it away asap.

yeah not gunna text.. think its wierd how nearly everyone i know that receives it has got it and no sign of mine.

:confused:
    lucy2010 wrote: »
    & sorry I forgot to add if anyones school is like ours you can only buy the tracksuit off the school ( sole supplier) the first 2 wednesdays of June & the book suplier will only order the books with payment upfront. Im luck I had my parents help or they would be tracksuitless in September.

Yes I have kids in national school, and its a school tracksuit, and school coat as well.. all ordered last week and paid for in advance, books are on rental, and the school opens for payments last week of august, if you do not pay, kids do not get the books.

Have also high school with same school tracksuit, school jumper, school skirt, school, coat and now school blazer as well.. all from one outlet at 8 times the price of a normal jumper.. crazy.

And now we are also being hit for school buses.. have 2 different buses for kids..

feel like digging a whole, sticking my head in it, and never coming out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

rolo26 wrote: »
    Just wondering if any one can help, i recieved back to school clothing and footwear last year as i was on social welfare, i am not in receipt of any payment this year as my husband in claiming for me and kids this year, will he recieve payment back to school in his name or will i recieve, haven't recieved letter yet, so would i have to fill application form.husband is working on CE Scheme and claiming for us, will i need to apply or will he get payment

C.E participants dont qualify for Back to School Allowance , My dad recently finished his C.E and he qualified this year for the first time and I did C.E for two years and never got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fuzzie_dunlop

Just to let everyone know, been getting BTSCFA for last 6 years (had to apply every year), got no letter as of yesterday (28.06.2011) and got it paid automatically this morning into bank account.

It's working for some, let's hope their 80% target is met..............

thats good news... was wondering about those whom get paid via bank.. Checked but still nothing, hopefully tomorrow with normal LP payment. Fingers crossed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just to let you know, I get my lone parents via bank. I received my back to school footwear and clothing allowance today in my bank. Didn't get a letter, so I think all is well but for the expected letter we were supposed to receive. Best of luck all, heading for town now and treating myself to a nice breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 scoobisnacks

I'm presuming that if it is your first year applying and you fall into the right bracket (getting fis, jsa and under limit) you still won't get it automatically and must apply separately? Is there a huge delay in processing them? Does it depend on county?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

i collected my jsa this morning and it wasn't with it :( i got it the last 2 years and still qualify so i don't know why. I will wait for the postman to come today and will ring them if i dont get a letter.

Just to let everyone know, been getting BTSCFA for last 6 years (had to apply every year), got no letter as of yesterday (28.06.2011) and got it paid automatically this morning into bank account.

It's working for some, let's hope their 80% target is met..............

there 80% target is over 100.000 so i can understand not everyone will receive it same time. school bookshop closes next week hope it comes before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

Just checked my bank account and mine was lodged today.
    I normally get my allowance paid in on a Thursday.
    Still got no letter thou.
    Delighted can go and buy the school books now

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

sent a text yesterday to get the form as i didnt think i would be eligible this year, low and behold went on line to check my bank account and it went in today......delighted now i can go get the bits for september althought at the rate my son is growing im a bit nervoue about buying his unifom yet:D:D

has anyone checked post office 2day that isn't due a payment from social

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

Karen23 wrote: »
    C.E participants dont qualify for Back to School Allowance , My dad recently finished his C.E and he qualified this year for the first time and I did C.E for two years and never got it.

Did you apply for it?

CE participants who would be entitled to an increase for their child if they were on a qualifying payment, and who are below the relevant income limits ARE entitled to the payment. Even if you are above the limits, you may still receive the payment through the alternative assessment procedure if you are on one of the following schemes.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/back_to_school_clothing_and_footwear_allowance.html
    Back to work schemes

There are some special conditions for people who are on Back to Work Allowance (Employees), Back to Work Enterprise Allowance,Community Employment, Job Initiative, Revenue Job Assist, Rural Social Scheme and the Community Services Programme/Social Economy Programme (Grant Aided Employees).

If you were on a social welfare before going onto one of these schemes, you will first be assessed using the standard means test for the Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance.

If you fail to qualify using the standard means test, you will be re-assessed to find out if you can retain the Allowance as a secondary benefit under the different back to work schemes. In the re-assessment you can keep your entitlement to the Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance (or apply for it if you did not have an eligible child before now), as long as your gross household income is less than €317.43.

In the re-assessment of means, the value of the Back to Work Allowance, Back to Enterprise Allowance and Family Income Supplement is not taken into account in the calculation of your gross household income.
    The people most likely to qualify using the secondary benefit (€317.43) assessment are people getting a Back to Work Enterprise Allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

got a letter today but already got the payment yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Got a letter today telling me it was available from Monday gone. Which I had already went in and got it thanks to a friend's phone call. It also stated on my letter that my weekly payment would be available for collection on that day also which in my case was 1 day early.

Advertisement