Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jayjayxxx

jjll wrote: »
    exactly if no letter by friday il text the number

yeah then we will have to wait a week for application form and another 6-10 weeks for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

It seems like its being paid out with this weeks normal social welfare payments so the letter would have to be here by Thursday I reckon. I think its just as well I sent the text this morning I think I am going to have to apply for it and do the waiting thing !!!!

katiebelle wrote: »
    It seems like its being paid out with this weeks normal social welfare payments so the letter would have to be here by Thursday I reckon. I think its just as well I sent the text this morning I think I am going to have to apply for it and do the waiting thing !!!!

I was told you can't text until 30th june!

I sent the text this morning and got a reply immediately saying a form would be sent to me within 5 days so you can text now if you want to. Sooner the better I think

http://communitywelfareservice.ie/cws_public/content/back-school-clothing-footwear-scheme i just seen this page it says if you recieved it in 2010 then no need to reapply.

• Advertisement

Yes that page was referred to earlier in this thread but whats worrying me is that someone rang the helpline and got a message saying that if you did not receive your letter by end of June you would have to apply using the form. Seems a bit up in the air to me. Just hoping I get the letter

yeah my sisters got there money today but no letter so i don't know. going to have to wait i suppose.

Let us know if you get it this week though, might give me some hope:-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

jjll wrote: »
    so it wasnt paid with your social welfare like a few others

Actually it was but a day early. I usually collect on Tuesday but as I said, I happened to be nearby the post office when I got the call so I went in to check and my weekly payment was also there which shouldn't have been til tomorrow.

katiebelle wrote: »
    Let us know if you get it this week though, might give me some hope:-)

yeah and you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 zumi

I haven't seen the 'letter' yet either, I hope Im one of the lucky few to get the 'letter' as if I remember correctly the 2 month minimum wait from before to get the allowance which lands me arseways rushing around in September troving through the leftovers and kids going to school missing books.
    I think its brilliant that Social Welfare supply these badly needed funds and are streamlining the system to save money and make it more efficient but it seems to me from my own experience that they have the same organisation communication skills and workings as the inside of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

suppose people should just go in to post office on off chance

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

Sorry to drop in with a fairly stupid question!

My lil one is 2 and a half and goes to creche 2-3 days a week, am i intitled to anything twords that..can see anything about it on any sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Yawns wrote: »
    Actually it was but a day early. I usually collect on Tuesday but as I said, I happened to be nearby the post office when I got the call so I went in to check and my weekly payment was also there which shouldn't have been til tomorrow.
    ye this happens with some people looks like you can collect monday if you want my brother is on jsa and he collects monday

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

c_lady89 wrote: »

My lil one is 2 and a half and goes to creche 2-3 days a week, am i intitled to anything twords that..can see anything about it on any sites.

Rules state that:

To get the Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance, you (the parent or guardian) must meet a number of conditions:

You must be getting certain social welfare payments or payments for training, employment schemes or adult education and getting an increase in that payment for the child
    Your total household income must be below a certain amount
    The child/student must be aged between 2 and 22 on or before 30 September of the year you apply and must be in full-time education at a recognised school or college

I would imagine that 2/3 days per week is not considered full time.

c_lady89 wrote: »

i got it when my little girl was 2 and she wasn't in school/nursery.

lisar816 wrote: »
    ye this happens with some people looks like you can collect monday if you want my brother is on jsa and he collects monday

I must try it next week to see if it wasn't just a case of the book and clothing allowance enabling me to collect 1 day early. I have been told before I couldn't get it and had heard some rumours of people being allowed to but I dismissed them as rumours.

It would certainly be easier getting paid on Monday and sorting my bills etc out and not having to be in a big long queue. Then again not like I have to rush off to work unfortunately.

jayjayxxx wrote: »
    i got it when my little girl was 2 and she wasn't in school/nursery.

Same with my lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Yawns wrote: »

Same as me but I hadnt even received a letter , my neighbour told me she got hers so I chanced my arm and went to the post office and it was there but I usually collect on a Tuesday as well.

I didn't get a letter either just a mate happened to call with a friendly word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

got no letter but my btscfa was in the post office with my jsa this morning!!

id say the letters are running late!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just wondering if any one can help, i recieved back to school clothing and footwear last year as i was on social welfare, i am not in receipt of any payment this year as my husband in claiming for me and kids this year, will he recieve payment back to school in his name or will i recieve, haven't recieved letter yet, so would i have to fill application form.husband is working on CE Scheme and claiming for us, will i need to apply or will he get payment

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

I got no letter either so went down to the post office but no payment there :( im due to collect my jsa tomorrow so i wonder if it will be with that??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

jackmax wrote: »
    I got no letter either so went down to the post office but no payment there :( im due to collect my jsa tomorrow so i wonder if it will be with that??:confused:

reading everyones posts looks like it will be paid with your social welfare no letter today either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Got my letter yesterday so should be in my account this week. Doesnt even cover the uniform cost but its better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I get my money paid into my bank account. Does this mean my btsfw will be paid into my account or will I have to go to the post office to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

My friend got the grant this morning at the post office with her usual weekly payment. She didn't receive a letter.

Fingers crossed that mine will be in the bank on Thursday with my payment...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

pauline60 wrote: »
    I get my money paid into my bank account. Does this mean my btsfw will be paid into my account or will I have to go to the post office to collect it.

I get mine into my bank account too (apart from my childrens allowance) so I assume thats why it is being paid there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Dovies wrote: »
    Got my letter yesterday so should be in my account this week. Doesnt even cover the uniform cost but its better than nothing.

Spot on same for me paying €35 for 1 jumper some schools need a good talking to regarding their attitude to uniforms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mommysteph

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has recieved the letter about the back to school clothing and footwear grant as yet.. the 30th is thursday and as yet I have not heard a word, and I should qualify without a problem, have done for the past 3 years.. so I am thinking why no letter yet.

I have always hated having to go to the welfare officer for the grant as I felt like I was begging..when I heard it was going to be automatic I thought brilliant.. but have heard nothing..

Which is annoying as in the old way I would have recieved the payment by the middle of June..
    And now if I have to still apply where do I do that.. this is so stupid.

The back to school clothes are cheaper up to the middle of July then go are either no longer available or twice the price.. so I really like to get in there and it done..one less worry.

If anyone else is in the same boat...knows they qualify and has not heard yet I would be grateful to know it is not just me.

Advertisement