Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭philahern

Tony wrote: »
    I see , sorry did not check that . We''ll record a stream and send it to Ferguson to see if theres a solution but this may take some time.

It's not really a big deal for me for what I want the box for. I'm just listing all the things that pop into my head really so other people can see. The only real deal breaker for me is the audio sync but hopefully I can fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Absolutely right, its good to get opinions out there on features etc as some would be more important than others depending on the user.

philahern wrote: »
    It's not really a big deal for me for what I want the box for. I'm just listing all the things that pop into my head really so other people can see. The only real deal breaker for me is the audio sync but hopefully I can fix that.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Being honest info on DTT wouldn't bother me either, The box I've ordered is for my 68 yr old father who would only use the info button on True Movies or something which i understand will work as its a Sat channel. Maybe a future firmware update will solve this. Excited to hear that MKV will work so mite invest in one for myself also!

Only prob i would have is the Sync issue obviously, However from Tony's solution, this can be sorted out i understand.

I was able to see a slight delay on ITV HD when using my channel list which was made using a network search . I did a factory re set and did a single transponder search on ITV HD which looked fine so I then did a satellite and terrestrial search (non network) and so far everyting is ok . I'll leave it running and check back later . I'm wondering if the network settings are not 100% correct so I'd avoid using the channel list i posted earlier in the thread just in case. I'll check the pids etc on the channel editor for ITV HD and check for any discrepancy between it and what lyngsat is showing.

willyb007 wrote: »
    However from Tony's solution, this can be sorted out i understand.

I would not say its a solution, just things to try out . I've not been able to replicate the problem to the severity that Phil has unfortunately encountered so at this point its just trying to narrow down what might be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

stephene wrote: »
    Just thought I'd throw my 2c in here....
    I have a Panasonic TH-46PZ81 which has a built-in Freesat tuner and I've noticed sync issues on ITV-HD over the last week or so.

After some googling I found this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/itv1-hd-210415/
    I've got 2 ITV1 HD channels, as that's all you get on FTA - ITV London and ITV Granada. ITV Granada is the one you want to keep, as this has mpeg audio, compared to ITV London (and probably the others) which uses Dolby AC3. I think it's ITV's implementation of AC3 audio that causes the problem, although I have no idea why; my other HD channels with AC3 play fine. Interestingly, if I play ITV1 London through my Dolby amp via S9's digital audio out, it's in sync. So it's something to do with how the downmixing is handled, by the box itself or the TV.

Handily, Granada broadcasts the video at a higher resolution compared to London, so it should be the best option anyway (unless you are using a surround set up)

So a postcode change might sort it out...

Stephen

Re. Postcode for Granada ITV HD - came across this on Digital Spy:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1469824

• Advertisement

Another thought, might be worth adding another transponder with these parameters .

V

The current transponder stored has a symbol rate of 22000 , this is the transponder for BBC HD , not sure if it will make any difference but worth a shot.

Edit: @Phil ITV HD (granada) is also on 10936 V worth checking as per the previous posts about audio to see if it solves your problem.

Another thought, might be worth adding another transponder with these parameters .

V

The current transponder stored has a symbol rate of 22000 , this is the transponder for BBC HD , not sure if it will make any difference but worth a shot.

Edit: @Phil ITV HD (granada) is also on 10936 V worth checking as per the previous posts about audio to see if it solves your problem.

TBH I'm googly eyed from looking at it now. The huge delay on ITV HD seems to have improved when I reinstalled the firmware. There is still a delay on BBC One HD, BBC HD and ITV HD. Girlfriend came home from work and noticed it straight away. Pausing the video and pressing play again worked once but does not work everytime. Pressing the audio button and choosing the first audio source (it defaults to 2nd one) seems to work as well but will test some more.

yep it can wear you out quick. I'd say trying the granada transponder would be the first step (tomorrow :) )

TBH I'm googly eyed from looking at it now. The huge delay on ITV HD seems to have improved when I reinstalled the firmware. There is still a delay on BBC One HD, BBC HD and ITV HD. Girlfriend came home from work and noticed it straight away. Pausing the video and pressing play again worked once but does not work everytime. Pressing the audio button and choosing the first audio source (it defaults to 2nd one) seems to work as well but will test some more.

I'm still messing with it it but if anyone wants it, my channel lineup is here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

ok got mine today...major issue with lip sync.. any live programme is awful when used through a hdmi. bbc 1hd and itvhd1 london the worst... itvhd granada not as bad but noticable..anyway my mother who i got it for wanted to be able to have it switch on via scart as she didnt want to manually have to select hdmi all the time.... and when i put it in via scart the lip sync issue disappeared..granted the pic quality on hd also disimproved. but shes happy with that.... tried it on my tv at home and as with the sigmatek box i was using still lip sync issues...it gets reallly annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Just got mine and plugged sat tv in via HDMI. Lip sync is noticeable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Mine will be here tomorrow. I'll report back then. You'd have to wonder about Ferguson's quality control though. Given the feedback thus far I'm not looking forward to getting this box as much as I was :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

viking wrote: »
    Just got mine and plugged sat tv in via HDMI. Lip sync is noticeable :(

spent last hour messing around with it - no joy in getting rid of Lip sync.
    Connected via scart and rescanned - perfect.
    Gotta sort out the HDMI problem though.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    spent last hour messing around with it - no joy in getting rid of Lip sync.
    Connected via scart and rescanned - perfect.
    Gotta sort out the HDMI problem though.

yep seems to be a HDMI issue.. and if its anything like the humax freesat boxes when they came out first it took a few months for them to fix their lipsync issues...not good at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Lads now that I think of it when I started using my Triax TR 112 first I used it exclusively through the HDMI port and sync was awful...but so was the picture (for SD channels)...so I've been using scart for the past week and sync is fine and the SD picture is better too. Off topic kind of but there's a similarity there all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Can't try sat yet due to cabling issues but dtt over hdmi seems fine on mine. Fantastic quality too although lack of program info is a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Just a suggestion but could everyone with sync issues list their firmware and hardware revision details. Its normally available on the about or info menu.
    If its a firmware issue then it should be fixable but if its a different rev hardware then it might be an indication that Ferguson had a bad batch of pcbs.

yep seems to be a HDMI issue.. and if its anything like the humax freesat boxes when they came out first it took a few months for them to fix their lipsync issues...not good at all..

No not good . I'll be talking to ferguson to get this resolved .

hopefully they will be able to resolve it...
    still playing around with the channel lists etc. but one thing I am stuck on is how to add bbc hd and bbc1 hd manually by selecting the satellite . I printed off the new settings from the bbc website but unless just havent found out how to go into the menu and add them. do I go into antenna setup or what?
    thanks.

hopefully they will be able to resolve it...
    still playing around with the channel lists etc. but one thing I am stuck on is how to add bbc hd and bbc1 hd manually by selecting the satellite . I printed off the new settings from the bbc website but unless just havent found out how to go into the menu and add them. do I go into antenna setup or what?
    thanks.

go to "TP List", choose the correct transponder and click blue button for search

• Advertisement

theShire wrote: »
    Just a suggestion but could everyone with sync issues list their firmware and hardware revision details. Its normally available on the about or info menu.
    If its a firmware issue then it should be fixable but if its a different rev hardware then it might be an indication that Ferguson had a bad batch of pcbs.

Not sure which is hardware revision but maybe

HS11 - 35010-01047 20110509-162250
    maincode - V2.13b5 20110527-184712

go to "TP List", choose the correct transponder and click blue button for search

You might have to add a transponder as the new symbol rate is 2300 as opposed to the transponder in the box which is 2200. Having said that an Astra 2 network scan picked them up ok.

Guys if you have noticed the lip sync problem and have time could you email serwis@ferguson-digital.eu telling them you have the issue . Hopefully it will motivate them to give the issue top priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Guys if you have noticed the lip sync problem and have time could you email serwis@ferguson-digital telling them you have the issue . Hopefully it will motivate them to give the issue top priority.

email address I would guess should be serwis@ferguson-digital.eu

darth_maul wrote: »
    email address I would guess should be serwis@ferguson-digital.eu

Yep, thanks for spotting that, I've edited the post .

Guys if you have noticed the lip sync problem and have time could you email serwis@ferguson-digital.eu telling them you have the issue . Hopefully it will motivate them to give the issue top priority.

Done. Thanks Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

done too, hopefully these issues have been noticed and they are in the process of fixing as I wouldn't really be comfortable installing them till at least the lip sync is solved.

theShire wrote: »

Good thinking. I'm wondering are the guys who bought from Satsklep having the same problem ? This might help narrow things down further.
    darth_maul wrote: »
    done too, hopefully these issues have been noticed and they are in the process of fixing as I wouldn't really be comfortable installing them till at least the lip sync is solved.

Absolutely

Good thinking. I'm wondering are the guys who bought from Satsklep having the same problem ? This might help narrow things down further.

bought mine from Satskelp....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭invpat

Question, is this just a problem with HDMI connection, is a scart connection and ordinary SD working without sync problems.

Advertisement