Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Anyone worried about losing the 7 day EPG for the satellite channels should use this site. It's basically an online EPG for all the UK satellite channels AND the Irish terrestrial ones (with the exception of 3e...so far) and you can customise it so it lays out the channels in the same order you choose for your box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

galait wrote: »
    Just ordered 2 for €152.47 , Great deal from our Polish Buddies

Just got an email from Satsklep.pl and mine have be dispatched via UPS no less

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Just got an email from Satsklep.pl and mine have be dispatched via UPS no less

I just tried to order from them but the webpage seemed to time out after hitting "implement contract". Do they email looking for payment or is it an online payment page?

theShire wrote: »
    I just tried to order from them but the webpage seemed to time out after hitting "implement contract". Do they email looking for payment or is it an online payment page?

No its online , You get transferred to a 3rd party , "Verified by Visa" was also used

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

No its online , You get transferred to a 3rd party , "Verified by Visa" was also used

Thanks, will have to try again later when I get home from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

just got an email to say mine was dispatched from saskelp too. now all I have to do is wait till wednesday and have fun playing around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Cool, would be interesting to hear what you think of it.

just got an email to say mine was dispatched from saskelp too. now all I have to do is wait till wednesday and have fun playing around with it.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

just ordered a couple from satskelp.pl to try out. Sorry Tony if I was buying them retail I would use yourself, Trying to convince my trade supplier to start supplying them they already supply the 200 combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Placed and order from Tony myself this morning. For the sake of an extra 20 quid I felt more comfortable ordering from an Irish supplier. Looking forward to having a play with it when it arrives!

darth_maul wrote: »
    Sorry Tony if I was buying them retail I would use yourself,
    [/B]

Don't be sorry, business is business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

Does anyone think it will be possible to download some kind of file for this with all the channels pre-programmed after a month or two? Not sure if this is even possible

gnolan wrote: »
    Does anyone think it will be possible to download some kind of file for this with all the channels pre-programmed after a month or two? Not sure if this is even possible

We'll have a channel list that can be uploaded via usb key and this will be updated if anything changes, you can also make up your own list and transfer box to box

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Tony wrote: »
    We'll have a channel list that can be uploaded via usb key and this will be updated if anything changes, you can also make up your own list and transfer box to box

That is a very cool service +1 for Satellite.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

never used a usb key to save or download channels before...is it easy to do?

never used a usb key to save or download channels before...is it easy to do?

Yep pretty much. Page 27 of the manual http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/func-startdown/1115/

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Hey Tony, nice one on the Boards.ie offer.

Think I want the install done properly, not by Mr. Bodgealot Reesy. Are you doing a Boards offer on the box + full install, too? We're in Sth Dublin. EDIT: Just spotted that if I order the box, dish & DTT antenna install separately I get the lot for EUR 287. Great! Now I just need to convince the Frau Reesy.

Oh - D'you know if the box offers any teletext-type service at all? I think we'd miss it if we didn't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Reesy wrote: »
    Oh - D'you know if the box offers any teletext-type service at all? I think we'd miss it if we didn't have it.

Reesy you will get standard aertel.

0000e9a4-314.jpg

......as long as its broadcast - it may be dropped after 31/10/2012 in favour of MHEG5 text.

It doesnt do the oul MHEG5 text.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

STB, thanks. Actually, I remembered that our TV has a digital tuner that shows Saorview teletext (albeit with a delay when loading) - will the Ferguson pass the signal thru for the TV to read?

No I dont think it will work at all with digital text. The current text will work for a while but i'd imagine it will be turned off in the future. If text is your thing this is not the box for you I'm sorry to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Reesy wrote: »
    STB, thanks. Actually, I remembered that our TV has a digital tuner that shows Saorview teletext (albeit with a delay when loading) - will the Ferguson pass the signal thru for the TV to read?

It will pass it to through once the TV has MPEG4 H264 tuner and MHEG5. The TV has an aerial out so you can loop the aerial from the box to the TV with a fly lead. You would have to change channel to TVs integrated DVB-T tuner for that to work then. You also have the scenario then of being able to record any DTT/Sat Station and view another DTT station via the TVs integrated MPEG4 tuner.

@bk/marclt... So nearly 10,000 view in less than a week in a technical forum. I wonder if we brought this thread temporarily on tour to the bargain forum would they understand what was going on...... obviously the interest is there! Spread the good word that there is an alternative to pay TV, with a small investment and no further bills. (If someone wants to report the post!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

This seems an insane price for an HD combo that plays all those media files as well? At that price i could near enough dump my HTPC that i use for recordings/media files etc

Do you need to input a UK post code for this to pick up the UK channels?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

O'Prez wrote: »
    Do you need to input a UK post code for this to pick up the UK channels?

no, just connect to a sat dish and scan.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    no, just connect to a sat dish and scan.

That's deadly :D I thought I read something about the UK postcode thing for some of the HD channels but maybe that's relating to freesat as opposed to fta.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's deadly :D I thought I read something about the UK postcode thing for some of the HD channels but maybe that's relating to freesat as opposed to fta.
    Yeah, you're right. The Postcode thing is only for Freesat, so it can determine which BBC/ITV/C4 region gets prominance at 101-104 on the guide.

I have a few more questions and then I promise I'll shut up. I'm running a magic eye off the Sky box to a telly upstairs. Now then, if I connect the eye to the loop out on this box will it work in the same way? If it does...I'll only get the satellite channels, right?

I have a few more questions and then I promise I'll shut up. I'm running a magic eye off the Sky box to a telly upstairs. Now then, if I connect the eye to the loop out on this box will it work in the same way? If it does...I'll only get the satellite channels, right?

You would need something like this and you will have access to DTT & SAT as it controls the box and not the content available on the box

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRI-LINK-Control-Freesat-Freeview-around/dp/B002R634DU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307349306&sr=8-1

Buyme will deliver free to Ireland , Good Service

Also looks like a patch is already available that supports extended features that rely on the Network Card / Internet Connection

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

any boxes coming with internet browsing capabilities such as the new internet TVs surely this is the way for with streaming online, RTE player and other catch up TV players

The ferguson box has no RF out unless you get a HDMI router or scart to RF modulator you can only view it on one tv at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

This looks like an excellent buy. I see it has a card reader for pay TV, will it read the white Sky FTV card?

Advertisement