Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

Hi Tony,

I understand this box doesn't have it's own hard drive, but it can record to an external hard drive.

Can you confirm if you can you pause re-wind live TV or watch while recording in time-shift mode?

Also how many tuners does it have? Does this box only have a single Sat and a single DTT tuner, in other words can you watch one Sat channel and record another or watch one DTT channel and record another, if not can you at least watch one Sat/DTT channel and record a DTT/Sat channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

tvercetti wrote: »
    could someone give me a rough idea of what channels I would expect to pick up with this box, provided i had a UHF aerial and sky dish, (is the sky dish a necessity?), thanks

Currently you'd get 8 Irish channels

plus these http://www.freesat.co.uk/what-you-get/our-channels

plus Sky News and a few additional music channels

plus some other UK ethnic channels

(In short you won't get any channel with the word "Sky" in in other than SKy News)

Yes you need a dish

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

could someone give me a rough idea of what channels I would expect to pick up with this box, provided i had a UHF aerial and sky dish, (is the sky dish a necessity?), thanks

You should be able to pick up all the saorview channels with your aerial. rte1,rte2,tv3,3e,rtenews,rtejr, rte+1 and tg4.

You'll also be able to tune in all these channels (have a look here) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

With your sky dish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

A Sky dish (or any 60cm satellite dish) will work - you do not pay sky - these are all free channels. you just buy the box and connect to your existing dish. Its all perfectly LEGAL I must add too.

Typical list (all are free)
    1 RTÉ 1
    2 RTE 2 HD
    3 TV 3
    4 TG 4
    5 3e
    6 RTE News Now
    7 RTE+1
    5 BBC 1 HD
    6 BBC 2 NI
    7 BBC HD
    8 UTV
    9 ITV1 HD
    10 Channel 4 HD
    11 Channel 4 +1
    12 FIVE
    13 E4
    14 E4+1
    15 More4
    16 More4 +1
    17 BBC Three
    18 BBC Four
    19 ITV2
    20 ITV2+1
    21 ITV3
    22 ITV3+1
    23 ITV4
    24 ITV4+1
    25 Film4
    26 Film4 +1
    28 BBC NEWS
    29 Sky News Ireland
    30 CNN
    31 CNBC
    32 Bloomberg
    33 Euronews
    34 CBBC Channel
    35 CBeebies
    36 CITV
    37 POP
    38 Tiny Pop
    39 Tiny Pop +1
    40 Kix!
    41 PopGirl
    42 PopGirl +1
    43 jazeerachildren
    44 CBS Action
    45 CBS Drama
    46 CBS Reality+1
    47 Zone Horror
    48 Zone Horror+1
    49 Film24
    50 True Movies
    51 True Movies 2
    52 movies4men
    53 mov4men+1
    54 movies4men 2
    55 mov4men2 +1
    56 BBC ALBA
    57 BBC PARL'MNT
    58 S4C
    59 S4C2
    60 Luxe TV HD
    61 Fitness TV
    62 Men & Motors
    63 Horse & Country
    64 Fashion TV
    65 wedding tv
    66 BET
    67 BET +1
    68 Food Network
    69 Food Netwrk+1
    70 Rural TV
    71 Controversial tv
    72 Sumo TV
    73 The Vault
    74 Chart Show TV
    75 NME TV
    76 Flava
    77 Bliss
    78 Scuzz
    79 Flaunt
    80 ROCKWORLDTV
    81 Clubland TV
    82 oMusic TV
    83 BBC STREAM-0
    84 BBC STREAM-1
    85 BBC STREAM-2
    86 BBC STREAM-3
    87 BBC STREAM-4
    88 BBC STREAM-5
    89 BBC STREAM-6
    90 T7 STRM-0
    91 T7 STRM-1
    92 Al Jazeera Eng
    93 France 24
    94 Russia Today
    95 PTV Prime
    96 Abu Dhabi TV
    97 PCNE Chinese
    98 QVC
    99 Thane Direct
    100 Travel Channel
    101 Travel Ch +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

Damn! Pipped at the post by STB - Il get you next time!!! ;)

DOnt forget Sky News, CCTV, Press TV, WTF, StarzTV and Dance Nation - and the many more i cant remember!

Gotta say its a pretty good channel line-up for 0Euro a month![/B]:D;):D;):D

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I don't suppose it comes with a 7 day EPG for both the terrestrial AND satellite channels...does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

O'Prez wrote: »
    I don't suppose it comes with a 7 day EPG for both the terrestrial AND satellite channels...does it?
    Only 7 Day EPG for terrestrial I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

great price for a combo box considering i paid 170 for mine,,@tony would you preprogram the box or would you give us a channel list to transfer onto box

Zardoz wrote: »
    Only 7 Day EPG for terrestrial I'd imagine.

Fanny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

reaper180 wrote: »
    great price for a combo box considering i paid 170 for mine,,@tony would you preprogram the box or would you give us a channel list to transfer onto box

I'm sure we could put up a channel list but usually someone here beats me to it :-) Bear in mind that the the terrestrial freqs vary by area so I usually do a satellite list only.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement

I cannot confirm anything as we do not have the box yet. Tuner wise exatly the same as the 200

Bozacke wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

I understand this box doesn't have it's own hard drive, but it can record to an external hard drive.

Can you confirm if you can you pause re-wind live TV or watch while recording in time-shift mode?

Also how many tuners does it have? Does this box only have a single Sat and a single DTT tuner, in other words can you watch one Sat channel and record another or watch one DTT channel and record another, if not can you at least watch one Sat/DTT channel and record a DTT/Sat channel?

Tony will you post up whether or not the EPG will be 7 days on both inputs when you have it in stock? This box looks very sexy indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

Tony will you post up whether or not the EPG will be 7 days on both inputs when you have it in stock? This box looks very sexy indeed.

I can pretty much guarantee it will not have 7 Day EPG for the satellite, as it is not a Freesat Box- With one or two exceptions Freesat Boxes are the only ones with 7Day EPG for satellite stations :( - I would obviously be DELIGHTED to be wrong about this :D

That being said this is a very tempting box - i will more than likely grab one just to have, and maybe another for my mothers house -

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

€99 inc delivery Tony ...on production of boards 'voucher' sort of thingy. Jest Checkin ??? Is it related to these PMs that went out today somehow

We're giving you €7.50
    Hello there,

We'd like to give you €7.50 credit for BoardsDeals.ie.
    BoardsDeals.ie - a Boards.ie website - has introduced member accounts allowing you to store all your vouchers as well as other handy features.

You can create an account here and you'll get €7.50 credit to spend on your next purchase.

http://www.boardsdeals.ie/giveaway_b...omo=BoardsPM30

You can find out more in our BoardsDeals forum.

Thank you for your time.

Darragh,
    Boards.ie

liamtech wrote: »
    I can pretty much guarantee it will not have 7 Day EPG for the satellite, as it is not a Freesat Box- With one or two exceptions Freesat Boxes are the only ones with 7Day EPG for satellite stations :( - I would obviously be DELIGHTED to be wrong about this :D

That being said this is a very tempting box - i will more than likely grab one just to have, and maybe another for my mothers house -

I bought the Triax TR 112 last week and it's a buggy little sh*t. Audio sync problems...auto installation doesn't work etc. I think I'll sacrifice the 7 day EPG and go with one of these too when my Sky subscription is up at the end of next month. The Triax just might be re-packaged up and given as a *ahem* birthday present to a family member. What a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cgc5483

I bought the Triax TR 112 last week and it's a buggy little sh*t. Audio sync problems...auto installation doesn't work etc. I think I'll sacrifice the 7 day EPG and go with one of these too when my Sky subscription is up at the end of next month. The Triax just might be re-packaged up and given as a *ahem* birthday present to a family member. What a guy!

You'll still have the 7 day EPG on the Saorview channels with the new Fergusson Box.

The €99 is a great deal. Will get one for my father. Was nearly going to get a new TV for him as he has a 7 year old 32" CRT that i couldn't justify paying €100 for a saorview box but he hates someone wasting money on something when the old one still works. Just installed Satellite in house for him so this looks like a great option.

Sure will

I can pretty much guarantee it will not have 7 Day EPG for the satellite,

I'd agree with that unless someone writes firmware for an internet based EPG

No totally unrelated, I was not aware of this . It will be 99 + delivery

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    €99 inc delivery Tony ...on production of boards 'voucher' sort of thingy. Jest Checkin ??? Is it related to these PMs that went out today somehow

We're giving you €7.50
    Hello there,

We'd like to give you €7.50 credit for BoardsDeals.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I see a Lan.... Surely to god you can't put Cccam on that??

Can you?? :D

• Advertisement

cgc5483 wrote: »
    The €99 is a great deal.

Thanks but bear in mind that STB put up some links for Polish retail sites too which are cheaper again for anyone that wants to go that route.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tony wrote: »
    Thanks but bear in mind that STB put up some links for Polish retail sites too which are cheaper again for anyone that wants to go that route.

very true but I would imagine alot of trade coming your way shortly, ( mine included)

So from what I can see it's exactly the same as the 200 only cheaper. So is there a box which is a Freesat/Saorview combo as opposed to a FTA/Saorview combo?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭efwren

Hi Tony,

Is there a waiting list for the 120 Combo? I am pretty sure I am going to want one, and would rather buy it off a local supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

tony will there be a link put up when you could order sounds good and it has a cam too

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭applewoodgo

Download manual here http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/func-startdown/1115 have a look at page 40 - 17.6. The semi-twin tuner may excite you. It reads to me that you may be able to record one sat channel while watching another with only one LNB input. This is a beautiful manual and Triax should be ashamed at the lack of a manual for the 537 and not even a photo of the rear of the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Apogee

Download manual here http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/func-startdown/1115 have a look at page 40 - 17.6. The semi-twin tuner may excite you. It reads to me that you may be able to record one sat channel while watching another with only one LNB input. This is a beautiful manual and Triax should be ashamed at the lack of a manual for the 537 and not even a photo of the rear of the unit.

That 'semi-twin tuner' is marketing guff. It only works if the channels are on the same frequency/transponder - the same as every other single tuner system.

Does it support HE-AAC? Can't see it in the specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Another bit of info on the pvr element.From the Ferguson website.

"What kind of external hard disk can I connect to Ariva HDcombo?

Ariva HDcombo support most of external hard disks. 3,5'' hard disks with sepparate power supply should work. Some 2,5'' hard disks powered from USB port (for example WD My Passport Essential) also should work.
    There should be only one primary FAT32 partition on the disk.
    HDD only up to 750 GB are supported."

According to the manual it doesn't support the playback of divx

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Be a nice deal of the day as well as good advertising for ya Tony.

"Ditch Sky HD and Get Saorview for €99 only" has a ring to it!

Advertisement