Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leinster academy

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

ormond lad wrote: »
    I think it has been mentioned in the Leinster team/gossip thread already but thought id put it here as well. Adam Byrne is mentioned in article on the Leinster academy in the schools supplement in the Times today as now being a part of the academy.
    think thats 4 out of 25 players as from the youths system (byrne, boyle, sherlock, furlong)
    Interesting comments on the youths system and how that "there are plenty more Horgans and Sean O Briens out there" which i totally agree with.
    Hadnt realised that Adam Byrne only started playing rugby 4 years ago. That is another key reason for the youths system as it brings to notice those players who havent been playing the game since they were 12/13 and before as that doesnt happen as much in schools that someone only takes up the game at 15/16.
    Might be more suitable to the schools thread but some interesting comments by Matt Williams on how he feels the structure of the schools cup needs to change

That's not true, I can remember playing under 12's against him (Naas)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Mikey playing for skerries, in college and involved in coaching a couple of schools and minis teams in skerries. Froom what I hear he's a lot happier with his rugby playing with his mates and being involved with his club.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 imno22

shaungil wrote: »
    Mikey playing for skerries, in college and involved in coaching a couple of schools and minis teams in skerries. Froom what I hear he's a lot happier with his rugby playing with his mates and being involved with his club.

i guess professional rugby isnt for everyone, shame cause lots of kids would give a lot to have his talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paddyboy18

How are most players selected for the academy? Is It solely based on the younger players playing underage for leinster? Do many people who have not went through the development system get chosen to become part of the sub academy or academy? Say a student from another part of the country playing for UCD

Advertisement