Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead (RTE pace)

• 29-05-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

Starts on Monday night :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

when will the 2nd series start on fx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Best guesses are Oct 31st (US Pace).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Penfailed wrote: »
    Starts on Monday night :D

Have you seen this already I haven't, am just wondering if it's any good? Your smiley would indicate so methinks...just checking though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Babooshka wrote: »
    Have you seen this already I haven't, am just wondering if it's any good? Your smiley would indicate so methinks...just checking though!!

Great show, well worth watching. It's only like 6 episodes in season 1 but it is different and totally brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

I watched it on FX and it certainly worth a watch. Starts off great but then dips a little toward the end of series 1, but still tense. Looking forward to the next series though, because there is plenty room for this show to move into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Great show. I got the entire series and I watched 5 of the 6 episodes back to back. Couldnt tear meself away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Thanks....looking forward to it. But hung over and will probably get freaked out watching it on my own :eek: But what they hey, I'll get a takeaway and hide under a duvet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Seen the first series, liked it a lot. Now i have the comics chilling at home waiting to be read. I wonder will I read the comics before i watch the second series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It goes a bit downhill towards the end of the series but is still worth watching.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Babooshka wrote: »

Nope! Haven't seen any of it. Haven't read any of the 'US pace' thread either as I don't want to read any spoilers :D Looking forward to it. From what I've read about it in the RTE Guide, it seems to be something like 28 Days Later...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It goes a bit downhill towards the end of the series but is still worth watching.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd series.
    the start was great and i think the reason the ending wasen't that great is because they didn't think it you get the reaction it did and was only going to be a few episodes long and partly the reason it was only 6 episodes long. I dont thats just what i thought and from what i have heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Nice one... Worth another watch. I thought it was very good. Can't wait for series 2 ... Though I believe series 2 is being made by a different production company or something. No telling how that'll affect the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

That was a fricking awesome way to start a series.

Love this already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cracking stuff. I expect nightmares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

It seems to have a few bits cut out (for time reasons rather than anything else). I re-watched the finale a few days ago, can't wait for season 2. To those of you watching for the first time, stick with it; it starts off well, then dips a bit, but episode 6 is a decent finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Enjoyed that....now to try and find the other episodes. Can't wait for next week!!!

Really enjoyed that! :cool:

yea i spotted that to it said act break 1,2,3,4

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Agreed, that was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Very good, might have to buy the box set and watch it all in one go:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yakuza wrote: »
    It seems to have a few bits cut out.

Ah no :(

Anything good/important? Obviously it musn't be too important if it was cut out. But I'm only watching this now and I hate to think I'm missing out on parts!!

yea i spotted that to it said act break 1,2,3,4

I reckon that's when they show the ads on American telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Ah no :(

Anything good/important? Obviously it musn't be too important if it was cut out. But I'm only watching this now and I hate to think I'm missing out on parts!!

Small bits of dialogue, incidental to the plot. One bit I'm sure about is in the house, Rick says to Morgan "you shot that man today", then Duane (the kid) says "weren't no man" and his father says "'the hell was that out your mouth just now" and the kid corrects himself "that wasn't a man" (with a proper upper class accent to boot :)). Tonight, it cut from "you shot that man" straight to "it was a walker". Edit: more cuts; the prayer before they ate, also Morgan telling Duane to cry into the pillow. A bit of dialogue in the Sherrif's station (about teaching the boy to shoot). I guess they had to trim the ep to fit in a 50 minute window (the pilot was over an hour long). I stopped watching it when they left from the station as I can watch the full ep any time I like so I don't know what else they cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Must say that was pretty good. Wonder who that was on the radio at the end. I'm guessing the helicopter that was circling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Seen the first series, liked it a lot. Now i have the comics chilling at home waiting to be read. I wonder will I read the comics before i watch the second series?
    Where did you get them?(if you don't mind me asking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Enjoyed it last night. Can't wait for next Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

lucyfur09 wrote: »

I got them on ebay, more specifically i have them on a dvd disc. I also have them backed up in pdf form :cool:

if you want the paperback version of them forbidden planet in town have them.I bought a few of them myself after watching the series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

The comics are amazing and i reckon much better than the series, the only problem is waiting for new ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Hostile atmosphere, horrible mutated freaks (even though the wife of the guy who was hiding in the house looked quite human in contrast to the others), and a creepy soundtrack, what's not to love?

I knew I recognised the main character from somewhere. Shocked to discover it was Love Actually.

Looking forward to next Monday.

tbahh wrote: »
    I knew I recognised the main character from somewhere. Shocked to discover it was Love Actually.

I recognised him from Teachers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

I got The Walking Dead 1-9 in the library, Blanchardstown Library to be precise but keep it in mindand check your local one could save you a few quid. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Penfailed wrote: »
    I recognised him from Teachers :)
    Human traffic/ This Life....showing my age now.
    I thought it was a great series opener. If the rest of the series is anywhere near as good then I shall gladly be giving up a few hours of my life to watch the dead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1099620

Or you can go down to tesco and buy the series for 26euro.

Good opening episode. Looking forward to next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tbahh wrote: »
    Hostile atmosphere, horrible mutated freaks (even though the wife of the guy who was hiding in the house looked quite human in contrast to the others), and a creepy soundtrack, what's not to love?

Looking forward to next Monday.

Egg from This Life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

For those of you who were looking for the comics, you can get The walking Dead Compendium for £25.49 from Amazon at the moment. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Compendium-1/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307034397&sr=1-1 Contains numbers 1-48 of the comic books:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TonyGro

watch it online and got dvds
    cant wait for 2nd season
    its deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

You should all give it a go! Its a very good show, I know zombies may not appeal to all but it a truly brilliant show. Watch the trailer- even if you dont think it looks good just try and watch the first episode im sure youll love it! Me being a horror movie addict ;) have gotten the whole family to love the show even my mum :D
    The first episode aired on rte 2 last monday- episode 2 is on this monday. The first season first aired in the usa last october and was quite popular and got very good reviews! There are 6 episodes in the first season and a second season of 13 episodes will air next october. Please give it a go- im sure youll enjoy.. enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is this about the downfall of The Green Party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭brian_t

The episodes are repeated on Saturday nights about 11.00pm.

I was turned offf by the fact that the start is a rip off of 28 days later (waking up in the hospital).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

brian_t wrote: »

I was turned offf by the fact that the start is a rip off of 28 days later (waking up in the hospital).
    a good concept is a good concept, rip-offs only bother me when they dont work, i thought it worked well here, and id say 28 days later wasnt the first to think if waking up to a zombie apocalypse, or maybe it was the first time it was done wth zombies, at least the zombies arent running:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

You do know that that was ripped off from Day of the Triffids, right? Right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

I agree, that was pretty lame. Actually the entire first episode is not all that great, but if you persist it does get a lot better. Never fantastic, but good!
    The effects are top notch for a zombie show and that's where most of the money was spent. The acting is average but overall it's a decent watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I tried to watch it but found it to be ridiculously stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The Book series on which it is based came WELL before 28 Days Later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

The Walking Dead is based on a comic book series of the same name. The comic books were published before 28 Days Later was released. You would be more correct saying that 28 Days Later ripped of The Walking Dead. In any case, as Earthhorse points out, the similarity is coincidental and both really independently ripped off Day of the Triffids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

a lot of people seemed to be of this opinion here on boards while is was airing, all the while it became a bigger and bigger critical success stateside and the ratings kept getting higher and higher each week,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

The Book series on which it is based came WELL before 28 Days Later.

28 days later came out in 2002 didnt it? and the first walking dead comic was released in 2003 ? so 28 days later did come out first, but walking dead #1 would have been started a long time before 2003 when it was published, so it's still just a coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

28 days later came out in 2002 didnt it? and the first walking dead comic was released in 2003 ? so 28 days later did come out first, but walking dead #1 would have been started a long time before 2003 when it was published, so it's still just a coincidence.
    I have to fix my initial post to make it clearer.

The Walking Dead is based on a comic book series of the same name. The first edition of the comic books was ready to be published in the USA before 28 Days Later was released in the USA. You would be more correct saying that 28 Days Later ripped of The Walking Dead. In any case, as Earthhorse points out, the similarity is coincidental and both really independently ripped off Day of the Triffids.

• Advertisement
Advertisement