Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDISION mini argus combo got back 7 day epg.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jgc115

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    i will stay quite, and well done again, i like that argus!!

gbc

Well, I didnt do anything to my Edision mini 2 in 1 and the epg is now working fine. The only thing that's not working is my synopsis. I'm using the unofficial version as I need it to support a sly card.

I also have a Vu+ and that's working as well without any change. So, RTENL must have undone their changes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hadit2here

Its the detailed program information I was referrring to, which hasnt been working.
    but the above fix should fix the program detail (is that synopsis?)

hadit2here wrote: »
    Its the detailed program information I was referrring to, which hasnt been working.
    but the above fix should fix the program detail (is that synopsis?)

Yep, that's the synopsis - must try that new version.

BTW, agree with you on the argus - I have mine for nearly 3 years now and the picture quality is still excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Excellent news - will try to do the update this evening.

Just for info, edision came back to me and the non IP 2in1 shares the same software as the 2in1IP, so the same update can be used. Proof will be in tonights pudding I guess though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭simatoel

ok i got this update from them ... I just done a very quick test and it seems to work fine :) ... can someone try it out and confirm and post back here ...

Well done hadit2here. Works fine. Would it be peevish to ask for a HD version? I really got used to the nice sharp graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I presume I need to backup the existing channel list etc. How do I do that?

is there a link before I update the software?

Did the update last night on the non ip 2in1. Synopsis working fine again. Lost the channel list - but I was kinda expecting that due to it being so long since I did an update. There was a lot of crap that needed clearing out anyway! It did change the language back to German, and changed a few other random settings (like audio) while it was doing it, but all quick fixes.

Only issue that's raised it's head again is picture break up on a couple of sat transponders. I did have this issue when I first got the receiver that it was hyper sensitive on a couple of transponders. But having said that, I'd have to rule out dish/ cable issues before blaming the update.

All fairly good news ....

they now put this patch on the official website

http://www.argus-family.de/produktreceiverargusminiSATip.html

hopefully a HD version will be along soon

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭tlaavtech

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Only issue that's raised it's head again is picture break up on a couple of sat transponders. I did have this issue when I first got the receiver that it was hyper sensitive on a couple of transponders. But having said that, I'd have to rule out dish/ cable issues before blaming the update.

Are the channels that are breaking up Channel 4/More4 etc? If so, you may have a portable telephone or WiFi base unit too close to box. The 2.4Ghz frequency used by these devices can interfere with the first few transponders on 28.8 :rolleyes:
    they now put this patcothe official website

Can you translate please :eek: or should it read "patch on the"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

@Carawaystick, what you do is back up the current settings, then update with latest patch, then go back to upgrade via usb, and now you can select what you want to put back , its a drop down menu, so select channel list. It looks a bit confusing but take it slow.

gbc

• Advertisement

tlaavtech wrote: »
    Are the channels that are breaking up Channel 4/More4 etc? If so, you may have a portable telephone or WiFi base unit too close to box. The 2.4Ghz frequency used by these devices can interfere with the first few transponders on 28.8 :rolleyes:
    It's actually the last few - the BBC Streams and Sky News the main channels we'd sometimes watch, so I hadn't considered the phone. Never moved it to rule it out either mind. It could be the quality of my install as well though (but it does effect this reciever and not my freesat ones)!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Can someone throw up a download link for a satellite channel list. Cant get the clarketech channel editor to work for me. Thanks

@tockman, is it just a FTA channel list for 28east you need? The box does not allow you to save a channel list on its own. I use more than one sat but I am sure I have a list for 28east with favourites but I am on maghera for DTT.

GBC

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Ya just 28.2.. No need for dtt list. really appreciate it

here is the hd version,

just rename to zip and extract etc.

enjoy

gbc

here is the hd version, just rename to zip and extract etc.
    gbc

Awesome GB, It just gets better. Where did you get this? Its named " Kunibert_argus-mini_hd_1.3.93.abs" when extracted, Kunibert is German for Lloyd, if you can believe Google. Thanks to Kunibert/Lloyd whoever he is.

here is the hd version,

enjoy

gbc

Great, thanks a million gbc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭atellyer

If you have your box plugged into your internet then the automatic update (menu, http upgrade) will also do the update. Did mine last night and it worked a treat!

I have links to umpteen sat sites and subscribe to those that are useful, the link for Kunibert came via sat universe, there is a dedicated section to the edision in there. I was not sure if I could post a link and it meant joining etc. By the time I had renamed, uploaded I had forgotten about kunibert so well done for spotting it and giving him due credit.

That is for the IP version and is it the HD version or just the SD one??

gbc-

has anyone tested the Kunibert_argus-mini_hd_1.3.93.abs ?

I am surprised they got it so quick ?!

I'll have to try it this evening

• Advertisement

It works.

gbc-

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭elvis23

@tockman, is it just a FTA channel list for 28east you need? The box does not allow you to save a channel list on its own. I use more than one sat but I am sure I have a list for 28east with favourites but I am on maghera for DTT.

GBC

Would someone be able post or PM me the above also. I'm on Truskmore for dtt but main thing is the list for 28.2E.
    I am on an old firmware so doubt it will restore the channel list after applying the latest one.

Much appreciated..

I can send you same list but can you pm an email address. All you need do is copy channel list etc.

gb

That is for the IP version and is it the HD version or just the SD one??

gbc-
    Its the HD version, All the little extras as described on my earlier post, plus the sysnopsis works. The Boot screen graphic has been changed to Kunibertys own, a pointer to his web site , Ichliebe.tv, Lots of edision stuff. Slightly strange graphic, obviously reflects Kuni's sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MikeCD

simatoel wrote: »
    Its the HD version, All the little extras as described on my earlier post, plus the sysnopsis works. The Boot screen graphic has been changed to Kunibertys own, a pointer to his web site , Ichliebe.tv, Lots of edision stuff. Slightly strange graphic, obviously reflects Kuni's sense of humour.

Hi all
    I'm a newbie, when I try installing this fix it tells me I have a bootloader mismatch, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong??

MikeCD wrote: »
    Hi all
    I'm a newbie, when I try installing this fix it tells me I have a bootloader mismatch, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong??

No, you are not doing anything wrong -- Choose "ALL SW + bootloader" when doing the upgrade. BUT, I would recommend you do a backup first, which will produce a file "bak........" with todays date and then you can load this on to your PC and edit it with the attached utility or just leave it as is if your happy with you channel list layout. After upgrade is done you can then restore (using backup) this backup file (bak.....) but this time choose "channel list" only and now you'll have your original channel list back on the box.

BTW - After upgrading "ALL SW + bootloader" you will have to change the language (sprachen, I think) to english That's it . :)

SetEditArgusMini_installation_en.exe
    http://www.setedit.de

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MikeCD

jgc115 wrote: »
    No, you are not doing anything wrong -- Choose "ALL SW + bootloader" when doing the upgrade. BUT, I would recommend you do a backup first, which will produce a file "bak........" with todays date and then you can load this on to your PC and edit it with the attached utility or just leave it as is if your happy with you channel list layout. After upgrade is done you can then restore (using backup) this backup file (bak.....) but this time choose "channel list" only and now you'll have your original channel list back on the box.

BTW - After upgrading "ALL SW + bootloader" you will have to change the language (sprachen, I think) to english That's it . :)

SetEditArgusMini_installation_en.exe
    http://www.setedit.de

Thanks jgc115

Figured it out slowly but didmt manage to back up channel list !! Guess what I will be doing for the evening!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

here is the hd version,

enjoy

gbc

I've tried the aforementioned and the official updates.

The DTT epg issue appears to have been resolved.

However, the subtitle facility (teletext version) has gone a bit hay-wire ...

Previously, subtitles on DTT never showed up (well, it blinks on the tv).
    Also on the SAT, ITV1 HD & STV HD use teletext subtitles, which the receiver displays automatically. However, for BBC 1 HD & BBC HD, you have to manually switch to the teletext subtitles. These HD channels do not use digital subtitles.

With this upgrade, subtitles have changed a little bit ...
    They've become "sticky". IE they sit there forever until the next block of text comes through. Sometimes, a line will not be "erased" until another block of text overwrites that line. (affects both DTT & SAT).
    Also, for the BBC 1 HD & BBC HD, you still have to manually switch to the teletext subtitles ...

I'll be reverting back to the previous version ...

Could someone give this feedback to the software developers?

here is the hd version,

enjoy

gbc

thanks GBCULLEN, works a treat :D

• Advertisement

MikeCD wrote: »
    Thanks jgc115

Figured it out slowly but didmt manage to back up channel list !! Guess what I will be doing for the evening!:rolleyes:
    Here's a current backup file with sat channels and DTT for Kippure/Three rock (same frequency for DTT). Rename it .ABS

Advertisement