Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tGC Summer Beers - Saturday June 25th - Lafayette

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Screw You Hippies!
    My dictatorship side comes out a lot. Damn democracy :pac:

I guess that idea is a bust.

*Goes off to think about the busts there would have been in the Sugar Club* :pac:

Guess we'll see what the date is when the poll closes and worry about a venue after that?

and after all the work Otis did to create a poll in the first place, and then put a closing date on it...I mean really PK - how rude & selfish of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Friday June 17th
    Otis' poll was a primary part of my plan!

Oooh that sounds dodgy :pac:

Screw You Hippies!
    Otis' poll was a primary part of my plan!

Oooh that sounds dodgy :pac:

Very and it made no sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

It makes perfect sense if your mind is duuuuurty enough, you are clearly too innocent and pure to understand.

Screw You Hippies!
    Maguined wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense if your mind is duuuuurty enough, you are clearly too innocent and pure to understand.

No Mags I got that innuendo, I didn't get what he was innocently trying to say though

• Advertisement

Friday June 17th

Well my post said "Guess we'll see what the date is when the poll closes and worry about a venue after that?". So my idea of picking a venue after the results of the poll involved the poll Otis created and the closing date he set at your behest.

Though I threw in a sneaky question mark to throw that idea out to the room. Sugar Club still sounds like an idea to me, even if there's no Burlesque night.

Screw You Hippies!
    Well my post said "Guess we'll see what the date is when the poll closes and worry about a venue after that?". So my idea of picking a venue after the results of the poll involved the poll Otis created and the closing date he set at your behest.

Though I threw in a sneaky question mark to throw that idea out to the room. Sugar Club still sounds like an idea to me, even if there's no Burlesque night.

oh now I understand!

I got distracted and forgot the previous posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Friday June 24th
    So it's looking like the 25th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Not a fan of the Sugar Club. I don't think it's a great place to mingle and chat to various peoples etc. Also it's ****in' expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dord wrote: »
    Not a fan of the Sugar Club. I don't think it's a great place to mingle and chat to various peoples etc. Also it's ****in' expensive!

The Sugar Club is only for watching the Room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Its good for events but for a meet-up I'd agree with you there, its not great.

Everywhere is expensive for me! :o

As already said, upstairs in Messr's is good for mingling. Bad for smokers with smoking area all the way down though...

What about The Church if people aren't afraid to venture to d'Northsiode? Or the Market Bar? Haven't been to either in a while so not sure of drink prices.

Galvasean wrote: »
    The Sugar Club is only for watching the Room

I AM NOT WATCHING THE ROOM AGAIN! :mad: :(:(:(

Did Monkeyfudge put you up to this? :p

Church could be good. Easy access for smokers. Don't know what Market bar is like.

Larianne wrote: »
    Its good for events but for a meet-up I'd agree with you there, its not great.

Everywhere is expensive for me! :o

As already said, upstairs in Messr's is good for mingling. Bad for smokers with smoking area all the way down though...

What about The Church if people aren't afraid to venture to d'Northsiode? Or the Market Bar? Haven't been to either in a while so not sure of drink prices.

The Church is also pricey and pretty crap tbh. Market Bar might be a good one but it does fill up very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Church is also pricey and pretty crap tbh. Market Bar might be a good one but it does fill up very fast.

I'd say you could probably reserve an area if the Beers started early enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Screw You Hippies!
    Larianne wrote: »
    I'd say you could probably reserve an area if the Beers started early enough.
    Its always beer o'clock somewhere in the world ;)

Me being another lucky student with months of free time during summer, any date is good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Screw You Hippies!

The Room is one of the greatest films ever made. You take that back,take that back right now! :mad:

Friday June 17th
    What about The Bernard Shaw?

I'm actually pretty easy about where we go, they are all the same to me once we have a crowd going. As long as we can hear each other, I'm happy!

I've never seen the Room. This coming from a guy whose seen Troll 2 no less than 5 times

The Room is one of the greatest films ever made. You take that back,take that back right now! :mad:

It's the worst movie in existence. The lead character is played by the same guy who directed, produced and wrote it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Friday June 24th
    It's the worst movie in existence. The lead character is played by the same guy who directed, produced and wrote it.

Granted he's no mel gibson :pac:

or Quentin Tarintino...

Screw You Hippies!
    LALALALALALAL i'm not listening!!!

johnny is great, and I won't accept any insults said against him :mad: lisa was his future wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You were there for the last screening of that? I watched the opening credits and then took myself into the other bar and drank gin...lots and lots of gin.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Friday June 17th
    The Notebook is like Citizen Kane compared to The Room.

Screw You Hippies!
    OldGoat wrote: »
    You were there for the last screening of that? I watched the opening credits and then took myself into the other bar and drank gin...lots and lots of gin.

no! you have to give it time... you can't just leave like that! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Friday June 24th
    OldGoat wrote: »
    no! you have to give it time... you can't just leave like that! :(

I thought ahead and got meself 6 bottles of beer in a bucket of ice.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Saturday June 25th

It's pretty damn entertaining! :pac:

So anyway... how is your sex life?

Screw You Hippies!
    18AD wrote: »
    It's pretty damn entertaining! :pac:

So anyway... how is your sex life?

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Saturday June 25th
    Scotchka*s all round at the next beers.