Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

lorimc wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the messages of support! The run was okish, I was hoping to get under an hour but I finished it in about 1.00.50 (dont have the official time yet). Over half of the run went through Carton golf course and this morning some of it was not very pleasant, the rain and wind just belting on you in the very exposed areas and pushing you right back down some of the hills so if the weather was better I could have done it.

On a gross/embarrassing note I really tried for the last few hundred metres and ending up getting a little sick in the grass just after crossing the line, my friend assures me that nobody saw it and hopefully Kildare TV (that were filming people crossing) don't have anything on me!!

Your very own biggest loser moment! That just means you were REALLY working!

My 8k was only walking...strolling even :P but got it done in 1hr 40mins...which is the time i was aiming for...I'm not used to road walking...and this particular route is really hard new tarmac...i normally do 5km on treadmill in 60 mins flat...so doing 8k in 100mins i okay i think :P

My fitness wasn't a problem...it just wasnt the niceset walking surface.

Glad i did it :) got me a cert :P They did one for the dog too...poor ole fella is getting stiff and getting in years...he's 7 but early arthritis is in his genes

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Oh my I had a gorgeous lunch today

Country kitchen multigrain wrap - 4pp
    Big Al's hot'n'spicy chicken fillet 117g -6pp
    Avocado 26g - 1pp
    Tesco extra light Mayo 30g - 1pp
    Spinach - 0pp
    Onion - 0pp
    Cucumber (de-seeded) - 0pp
    Tomato (de-seeded) - 0pp

I know its alot but it was sooooo yummy maybe substitue the big Al's for plain cooked chicken breast 60g - 2pp if ya wanna go easy on the auld pp but thought I'd have a bigish lunch

Anyone any ideas for dinner it's the start of my wk, I've 23pp left for today
    am at a bit of a loss as to what to have would like some fish maybe,
    I have pollock in the freezer but haven't a clue what to do with it (I have those bake in the oven bags, baby spuds, spices etc etc)
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

very proud of myself today, my DH got a takeaway and I resisted the temptation and had a yummy omelette instead :cool: ok so his takeaway smelled heaps better but I still resisted!!!! had a lovely bowl of strawberries and low fat yougurt for dessert to....love strawberry season down this patch of the planet!!

oh yum Layla that wrap sounds GORGEOUS!!! Love Avocado with chicken!!! hmmm not sure about pollock but when I do cod, I normally pop it in tin foil with some onions, thinly sliced carrots and some herbs with a spoon of water and wrap it up and bake in the oven for bout 15-20 mins or so??

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas for dinner it's the start of my wk, I've 23pp left for today
    am at a bit of a loss as to what to have would like some fish maybe,
    I have pollock in the freezer but haven't a clue what to do with it (I have those bake in the oven bags, baby spuds, spices etc etc)
    Thanks in advance

I'm totally clueless when it comes to fish

but there might be something on here, that you could tweak and make pp friendly.

http://www.bordbia.ie/aboutfood/recipes/fish/pages/default.aspx

• Advertisement

Looked at the bord bia site Lainy and nothing really appealed to me so I made my own concoction
    250g fresh cod
    Basil
    Oregano
    Garlic
    Onions
    Mushroom
    Carrot
    Courgette
    Baby Spinach
    Tin tomatoes
    All thrown into the oven bag am having it with my fav baby spud wedges I'll let you's know how it turns out am starving now so hopefully it's nice!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Everyone seems to be on a fish trend at the mo - I just took a tuna steak out of the freezer for tomorrow's din dins :D Bit nervous about it, never cooked tuna steak before - Hope it works out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be on a fish trend at the mo - I just took a tuna steak out of the freezer for tomorrow's din dins :D Bit nervous about it, never cooked tuna steak before - Hope it works out :)

I really wish I liked fish. Apart from being PP friendly, the fact that it is sooo good for you and good for your brain etc. I just really don't like the fishy taste or smell and I gave cod a chance once, and nearly choked on a bone and ended up getting sick and the bone still didn't come up so it has proper put me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I completely understand that, Monife. My sister choked on a fish bone when she was four and had to go to the hospital to get it out. :( Put all of us all fish for years. It's only now that I'm trying to incorporate it into my diet, but if I see bones, it puts me right off. Go for fillets, they shouldn't have any bones in them :)

Well my fish was alright not the best thing I've ever made but at least I ate fish but I'm not giving up need to eat more fish!!!
    Oh and on a healthy note I've started makin my baby spud wedges with olive oil instead of the lo cal sprat to bump up my healthy oils too

• Advertisement

I only like what I call regular fish (cod, salmon etc) and I inspect it to ensure there are no bones before I cook it....I can't eat it if I find a bone :eek: and I can't deal with funny fish (prawns, crab etc) that is just waaaay to fishy for me!!!

Glad your fish turned out ok Layla, can I ask how you make your wedges??? I am looking for different ways to do spuds and they sound interesting!!! tired of boiled and mashed spuds!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Had a lovely walk today we did just over 6km with the kids so not bad Im wondering what way I should class it! moderate or high I was carring the baby he is about 14 pounds now!

I made salmon the other night, I just could not eat it, ended up eating a slice of ham instead:D I think it was very fishy and I dont like that! have some smoked cod there for another night! I hate fish bones as well!

Monife I agree dont worry! you will have no problem doing the walk and blisters are killers when your walking take all the fun out of it! you need some company ! is there any one who can walk with you! but on the day you will be with others and prob chatting away and you wont notice it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

flamelily wrote: »
    I only like what I call regular fish (cod, salmon etc) and I inspect it to ensure there are no bones before I cook it....I can't eat it if I find a bone :eek: and I can't deal with funny fish (prawns, crab etc) that is just waaaay to fishy for me!!!

Glad your fish turned out ok Layla, can I ask how you make your wedges??? I am looking for different ways to do spuds and they sound interesting!!! tired of boiled and mashed spuds!!!:(
    fish used to make me sick when i was young so havent had any since but absolutely love prawns!! Dont consider them fish tho so eat plenty prawns

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

I'm looking for advice from any of you experts about low PP noodles! I got a packet of Straight to Wok noodles thinking they were low in PP but they worked out at 6pp per portion. That seemed like a lot to me + I'm hoping that someone can recommend some noodles that might be better "PP value".

When people talk about changing diet, i.e. Swap cerial for yoghurt,... Is the idea to eat one food for a week and theb swap it for something else or do u mix it up every second day or so?

I have cerial every day, should i change it out fir something else for a while or alternate with yoghurt every other day?

I'm looking for advice from any of you experts about low PP noodles! I got a packet of Straight to Wok noodles thinking they were low in PP but they worked out at 6pp per portion. That seemed like a lot to me + I'm hoping that someone can recommend some noodles that might be better "PP value".

Straight to wok RICE NOODLES are 5pp

Most noodles are about the same give or take a 1pp here or there....its in there with rice and pasta.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    When people talk about changing diet, i.e. Swap cerial for yoghurt,... Is the idea to eat one food for a week and theb swap it for something else or do u mix it up every second day or so?

I have cerial every day, should i change it out fir something else for a while or alternate with yoghurt every other day?

I think its just to prevent bordom setting on...or taste buds kinda getting immune to flavours. I have porridge every morning but just swop around the toppings, honey, yoghurt, apple sauce, cinnamon, ect

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

I think thats going to be about the best you'll get. I love noodles as well, although the straight to wok seem high at 6, they're actually quite good value. The Koka ones are 16 pp per pack :eek:

I use the singapore noodles and add chicken/pork/prawns (whatever you like really - had a fresh tuna steak with it once - fab), soy sauce, sweet chillie, kayen, paprika and a small bit of olive oil, load in the baby carrots (any 0pp veg) and a hand full of bean sprouts and its a decent portion. Don't mind my spelling by the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Well i think people vary their diet for different reasons, maybe to stop yourself getting bored of the same thing day after day, to have a balanced diet, and also sometimes when you get stuck at a certain weight a change of diet or exercise can help to get things going again. Personally i have to mix it up a bit or i get bored :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 velleity

Well i think people vary their diet for different reasons, maybe to stop yourself getting bored of the same thing day after day, to have a balanced diet, and also sometimes when you get stuck at a certain weight a change of diet or exercise can help to get things going again. Personally i have to mix it up a bit or i get bored :-)

I find I'm like that for other meals, but for beakfast I have the exact same thing every week day. I'm just so not a morning person that when I get up I don't want to have to think at all about what I'll eat, so I just have the same thing because I can make and eat it on autopilot. I don't really wake up until an hour after I've gotten up and had breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

I know this is off topic, but OMG I'm exhausted!

Had my daughter communion today, it was a brilliant day and i couldn't have prayed for better weather.
    Didn't eat too bad, I'd be fairly happy I was within my weeklies so I'm a happy camper but God I need to sleep. Spent the evening on the bouncy slide and I'm Aching!!!!!:o

what do people think of the new ww cookbooks? Worth getting...are the recipes ones that ya would actually use...or just oooh i'd love that....but looks complicated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    what do people think of the new ww cookbooks? Worth getting...are the recipes ones that ya would actually use...or just oooh i'd love that....but looks complicated?

Was wondering the same myself....was thinking about getting the simply satisfying or something like that. Just need a little bit of inspiration.
    Anyone here have any of the cookbooks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I usually don't mind eating the same thing once I like it, but change it up every now and again to give my body a shock because it can get used to foods too easily. I am trying to move away from cereal as I find I am hungry at 9.30/10am (eat it at around 6.45am). Today I had 2 low fat sausages, a slice of mccambridge and 1 boiled egg white for 6PP. Cooked the boiled egg and sausages last night so all I had to do was reheat them. Think I need protein in the morning to keep me full.

Re cookbooks: I am scared to buy any as I bought 3 of the old ones online and 2 of them were useless. Only made like 1 thing out of each of them, didnt really like the rest. The other one was ok, and have made a few things but wouldnt be mad on them.

velleity wrote: »
    I find I'm like that for other meals, but for beakfast I have the exact same thing every week day. I'm just so not a morning person that when I get up I don't want to have to think at all about what I'll eat, so I just have the same thing because I can make and eat it on autopilot. I don't really wake up until an hour after I've gotten up and had breakfast.

I normally fill out my tracker for the next morning the night before, so I already know what I'm having ... easier than wondering what to have on the morning it self

morning :)

I tend to try and vary my brekkie otherwise I get bored, during the week I get cereal as I have it in work cause I have an early start but I swap between oats, weetabix or corn flakes otherwise i lose interest!!! On the weekend when I have time I make omelettes or scrambled eggs etc!!!

Re: the cookbooks I am afraid to buy one as like one of the other posters I bought a couple the last time round and never used them:( I find some of the recipes really fiddly and others just sound gross!!! My leader always leaves the cook books out to browse so might take a peek this week after WI to see what they look like

I normally fill out my tracker for the next morning the night before, so I already know what I'm having ... easier than wondering what to have on the morning it self

thats what i do aswell. so i have a daily menu

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

hey everyone lost four pounds this week delighted!
    Just three to go to my half stone am thrilled, i jsut want to get that far adn then worry about the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone... Hope ur weekends went well:D...

Mine was good saturday went on a little binge but stayed well within my pp. Then yesterday i had a communion which i ate very well at i think i only went 3pp over my dailies and still had all my weeklies left. I walked every day and i have even started running a little:eek:...

My poor little doggie got hit with a car yesterday and she is very sore the poor little pet:(.. Feel so sorry for her hope she gets better soon... No walkies for a while for her:(...

Hope ur walk went well yesterday lainey....
    Hope everyone had a good weekend:)...

• Advertisement

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hey everyone... Hope ur weekends went well:D...

Mine was good saturday went on a little binge but stayed well within my pp. Then yesterday i had a communion which i ate very well at i think i only went 3pp over my dailies and still had all my weeklies left. I walked every day and i have even started running a little:eek:...

My poor little doggie got hit with a car yesterday and she is very sore the poor little pet:(.. Feel so sorry for her hope she gets better soon... No walkies for a while for her:(...

Hope ur walk went well yesterday lainey....
    Hope everyone had a good weekend:)...

Oh noo poor little baby....she seriously hurt? god something like that would send me straight to the biscuit tin! my critters are my babies

The walk was good! shocked my self at being able to do it quite comfortably...I am a slow walker...like 5kph is me being "fast".

Weights and toning today! and tomorrow is PUPPY DAY!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement