Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Vegetable peeler

Apple corer

Measuring spoons & Measuring cups (for american recipes)

Glad zipper lock bags (the ones you have to like pop close are annoying i like the slidy zip lock ones) Aldi do quite good ones, in a orange packet. with the slidy zip thing accross the top.

Magic Oven bags (super value €1.20 for 8 bags)

Silicone Muffin baking trays (silicone baking stuff was on offer that week)
    Silicone Whisk,
    Silicone Spatula

Digital kitchen Scale

Pyrex Measuring Jug with millilitres and pint increments (measuring stock for cooking)
    soup freezing bags (really hand for freezing fresh stock)

Lunch boxes, tupperwear, and cooler lunch box bag for office or packed lunches
    Thermus mug and flask for winter! thermus mugs keep your coffee/soup hotter longer....so you end up drinking them slower...instread of gulping it down and reaching for the vending machine 2 mins later

Meat Mallet (or what ever there called) they are expensive about 10 - 15 euro...but great for flattening chicken breasts for goorge forman grilling. METAL ONE! Wood is kinda icky in the kitchen...not the most hygeinic. metal easy to clean too...just boil the kettle...squirt some washing up liquid and scrub clean in like 30 seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

great list lainy, i can see a few extra bits I need to buy :D love buying kitchen gadgets......and as I can't buy clothes at the moment.....gadgets will do :cool:

flamelily wrote: »
    great list lainy, i can see a few extra bits I need to buy :D love buying kitchen gadgets......and as I can't buy clothes at the moment.....gadgets will do :cool:

its scary....i LOVE going to "home store & more" so many handy gadgets...And aldi/lidl/tesco ALWAY have stuff on offer..

At the moment i think aldi/lidl have BBQ....disposable foil servers...you could always make a healthy low point dish at home and bring it to the bbq as prezzy for the hosts to contribute to the day...and stuff your self with the healthy dish :)

so I got a new smart phone today.....finally!!!! :cool: I know there is are apps you can get for WW, can anyone recommend one??? My phone is an android one.....and I am still trying to figure out how to 'drive' it :o whilst I ashamedly admit that at the mo its smarter than me !!!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    its scary....i LOVE going to "home store & more" so many handy gadgets...And aldi/lidl/tesco ALWAY have stuff on offer..

At the moment i think aldi/lidl have BBQ....disposable foil servers...you could always make a healthy low point dish at home and bring it to the bbq as prezzy for the hosts to contribute to the day...and stuff your self with the healthy dish :)

I was in 'home store & more' yesterday, hence new measuring spoons, poaching rings and a new baking sheet!!! love that shop!!!:cool:

• Advertisement

so I got a new smart phone today.....finally!!!! :cool: I know there is are apps you can get for WW, can anyone recommend one??? My phone is an android one.....and I am still trying to figure out how to 'drive' it :o whilst I ashamedly admit that at the mo its smarter than me !!!

thats what im doing THIS SECOND...just looking for handy apps (i'm on android) screw you apple!

wwpoints diary is GREAT! you can point exact portions as well as info on pack. it is so worth getting the paid app! some of the free apps have been a bit wrong.

there are also a tonne of C5k apps. :D

ooooh Chip crisper tray thing for the oven (ON OFFER IN ALDI TODAY 9th OF JUNE)

they also have walking boots in aldi today..they look like timberlands, except they are like 20 quid :D

lol i'm at home all day....so all the leaflets...dunnes, supervalu, tesco, aldi, lidl come in haha! i go thru them ALL..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

If you are getting stuff online, I can recommend these guys: http://www.kitchencookware.ie/

I think they are based in Westport. I've gotten some stuff off them in recent weeks and they are really good :D The stuff arrived within a day or two and they give you a 5% discount off your next order too! :D

I was using Iwatchr but I've since changed to WWPoints Diary. You have to pay for both of them. Iwatchr is cheaper but I found on my phone that it kept crashing when I backed out of it. I've had no probs with WWPoints Diary - I actually find it better because it has an online food directory with all the points calculated. Think it was about 3euro

I don't have a meat mallet (but its on my list) so what I do at the mo is put the chicken breast between two sheets of cling film and beat it with my rolling pin:), its a silicon one so can be cleaned properly am with you on the wood and meat thing!!!!:eek:......but the cling film prevents the meat and rolling pin from being in contact anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

oh, oh, .... my 36waist trousers are getting a little loose! :rolleyes:

"That a good thing" I hear you say.

Not when you have no money at all to by any new clothes?!?!?:eek:
    Diet is under threat ... from my wallet!:P

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    If you are getting stuff online, I can recommend these guys: http://www.kitchencookware.ie/

I think they are based in Westport. I've gotten some stuff off them in recent weeks and they are really good :D The stuff arrived within a day or two and they give you a 5% discount off your next order too! :D

I was using Iwatchr but I've since changed to WWPoints Diary. You have to pay for both of them. Iwatchr is cheaper but I found on my phone that it kept crashing when I backed out of it. I've had no probs with WWPoints Diary - I actually find it better because it has an online food directory with all the points calculated. Think it was about 3euro

love that site...they have that burger moulder i want with the wax paper. but then i know i'd start eating burgers allthe time haha!

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    oh, oh, .... my 36waist trousers are getting a little loose! :rolleyes:

"That a good thing" I hear you say.

Not when you have no money at all to by any new clothes?!?!?:eek:
    Diet is under threat ... from my wallet!:P

invest in a few key pieces :) that you know you'll get LOADS of use out of

(throw stuff in the dryer to shrink them a lil) haha

I don't have a meat mallet (but its on my list) so what I do at the mo is put the chicken breast between two sheets of cling film and beat it with my rolling pin:), its a silicon one so can be cleaned properly am with you on the wood and meat thing!!!!:eek:......but the cling film prevents the meat and rolling pin from being in contact anyway!

even with the meat one...i put the chicken into a cheap lunch bag and bulverise it...my mum kills me cos i bash the house down haha!
    (not going wasting my good zip lock ones on beating chicken LOL.

APPS

adidas miCoach

Turn your phone into a personal coach. miCoach uses GPS and real-time voice coaching in your ear to pace you through easy to understand workout zones as you run. Choose a training plan tuned for your sport to build speed and endurance. Track and share your achievements with the app or at miCoach.com. Be Faster with miCoach!

Features:
    Syncs to miCoach.com to save and view detailed analysis of your workouts.
    Measures your distance, pace, calories burned, and elapsed time.
    Get daily planned workouts and coaching feedback delivered to your phone.
    Outdoor/indoor workout modes.
    Easy access to your music during your workout.
    Tracks your shoe usage with wear alerts.

ITS FREE! i got but it was more for runners and joggers. so for walking on treadmill was no use to me, it has a C25k programme within the app! you get a couch talking you thru ur work out...while listening to your own music
    Highly customizable audible alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Weigh in number 7 this a.m. and lost 2 pounds :D which brings me over a stone lost - 15 and 1/2 pounds. 5 and 1/2 pounds to go to my 10% and hopefully might have it by end of month - (praying!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Bear with me folks, this is going to be a long one!
    Caros wrote: »
    but I'm a kind of fair weather walker and if it's raining I'm very slow to head out there

Caros, I am the exact same. But I had two lively pups who needed the excercise the last winter so I had to take them out whatever the weather.

I was laughing at myself yesterday because I just realised that pouring rain or freezing cold would not stop me from going to a football match and standing out in it for an hour, but I wouldn't exercise in that weather, when I'm going to be warm from the exercise and I can go straight home and jump in a hot shower! Go figure!

Anyway, we invested in good rain gear...already had the jacket so just bought the trousers from Regatta...the ones that roll up into the pack so they're easy to store away. I've no excuses now!

My boyfriend will not let me go near "home store and more". He chaproned me in there a couple of weeks ago to pick something up and he wouldn't let me get a basket because he knew I'd fill it. Sometimes he can be so mean!

BTW, just read your blog for the first time today. It's great...I am in love with your dog, he is just soooo cute. I think it's time for more recent pics tho! Thanks for all the points sheets today, going to print them off now :)

Was +1 at WI...but I had forgotten my pumps that I would normally wear, so I'm saying I STS! (Excuses, excuses!)
    Must be something in the air that's making us all get on the C25k this week. I restarted it last night...had got to week 3 or 4 September. My goal is to be running by the end of the summer.
    Was surprised at how easy I found it. The first run was the most difficult, I'd say. Around the middle I told myself I could walk the next run, but by the time I beeped again I was recovered and ran it all. Go me!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

gillygill wrote: »
    hi ,
    what couscous do you use and how many points r in it ?
    ive never tried it would like to give it a go :)

Oh i buy the one by Shamrock brand(i think) get it in Dunnes, though lidl do it in a huge box.
    60g of it dried is 6 points - but makes a huge portion!!!! So i tend to use 40g for 4 points.
    Use just boiled water and mix with half a stock cube (normally veg) for flavour and pour over couscous in a bowl. Use enough water to cover the couscous then i cover usually with a plate for a few mins untill all the water is absorbed, then just fluff it up with a fork.

You will need to seriously season it as otherwise it is very bland. I usually try chilli flakes, herbs or garlic but up to yourself what you prefer.
    Couscous is great with stuffed peppers or mushrooms or as a salad ingredient.

(Sorry my measurements are non existant!)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Finally down a stone after 3months in WW! Delighted! It took longer that I hoped but life got in the way- weekend away, communion, confirmation, bank holidays etc. I would love to lose another stone to get back to the weight I was before I had my kids, so now I'm half way there. My summer clothes from last year were too tight on me in March but now they are a bit loose! This thread is great, keep posting everyone! Its great to read about the successes but it also great to know that other people are finding it tough too. We all need the encouragement to keep at it, especially when its not going well. WW really works...we just have to keep making it work for us! Here's to losing the next stone, might be harder over the summer holidays but I'm not is a rush! I'm really happy with what I've achieved so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

WI number 3 last night and was down 1.5lbs. Happy enough with that. So it's 4.5lbs in total, not bad going. But something tells me this is going to be a long long long battle! I'll get there.

This week i'm going to try step up exercise - have the OH out walking with me so hoping thats helping. Still struggling to get my behind up earlier in the mornings to go the gym, currently all efforts are not working. Talk in work about a lunch time excerise class, so will stick my name down for that.

I'm hoping for 1lb down next week but will have to see how the week pans out!

kildareash wrote: »
    Bear with me folks, this is going to be a long one!

Caros, I am the exact same. But I had two lively pups who needed the excercise the last winter so I had to take them out whatever the weather.

I was laughing at myself yesterday because I just realised that pouring rain or freezing cold would not stop me from going to a football match and standing out in it for an hour, but I wouldn't exercise in that weather, when I'm going to be warm from the exercise and I can go straight home and jump in a hot shower! Go figure!

Anyway, we invested in good rain gear...already had the jacket so just bought the trousers from Regatta...the ones that roll up into the pack so they're easy to store away. I've no excuses now!

My boyfriend will not let me go near "home store and more". He chaproned me in there a couple of weeks ago to pick something up and he wouldn't let me get a basket because he knew I'd fill it. Sometimes he can be so mean!

BTW, just read your blog for the first time today. It's great...I am in love with your dog, he is just soooo cute. I think it's time for more recent pics tho! Thanks for all the points sheets today, going to print them off now :)

Was +1 at WI...but I had forgotten my pumps that I would normally wear, so I'm saying I STS! (Excuses, excuses!)
    Must be something in the air that's making us all get on the C25k this week. I restarted it last night...had got to week 3 or 4 September. My goal is to be running by the end of the summer.
    Was surprised at how easy I found it. The first run was the most difficult, I'd say. Around the middle I told myself I could walk the next run, but by the time I beeped again I was recovered and ran it all. Go me!

i'm adding pics almost daily on facebook of him...i'm embarressing myself...you'd swear he way my baby son! haha will do a puppy blog today just for you :P haha. (even have videos on youtube of him!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Heya

I just thought I'd throw in this website I'm signed up to called www.spoonfedsuppers.com in case any of you are interested. They send you a shopping list once a week (Thursday) and then email you a healthy dinner every day Mon-Fri which are fairly easy to make and also low in calories. It's just good for new ideas really if you're bored of the same stuff. They def have a lot of variety. They tell you in the shopping list what ingredients are for which dish as well so if you don't like the sound of any you can just not do it that day. Oh, and the best bit is it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi All, WI last night down 0.5lbs which is not too bad at all considering the week I had! Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a fast convenience style dinner for 10-15 points, have a million and one things to do tonight so need something that will be really easy. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Got lots of goodies today!

Crackers, crisp breads, (aldi)
    light soft cheese (lidl)
    Tonnes of Passata (aldi)
    Herbs & Spices (lidl)
    Loads of Tinned spaghetti (works out same as ww spaghetti) (tesco)
    Yellow Fin Sole (aldi)
    Brown Rice (tesco)
    Fruit Pasteel lollies (2pp each + only 60kcal) (tesco)
    Spring Onions (on special in aldi)
    tinned Fruit in juice (tesco)
    Tesco Own brand version of Readybrek (tesco...cheaper than real readybrek)
    Light Choices raisin+apple crisp slices (pre packed in 3s 1=1pp, 3=4pp) (tesco)
    ww tikka sauce (was on special in Lidl)
    Sugar Free Squash, Cherries berries (tesco)
    Cod Fish Cakes (tesco)

Lots of lovely yummy big portion serving recipes to try this week! YOM YOM YOM!

Freezer is always stocked with chicken breasts, chicken mince, minute steak, yellow fin, Quorn Mince, fish cakes,

The only thing my mum gets is baby potatos and "pink milk" thats what she calls slimline milk. but this week trying not to have potatoes more than twice

Lainy - How many propoints are in the fish cakes, i got a bag yesterday! I never got to point them though and i want to get my mother to put them on for me to have at lunch and i want to have worked out the points!!!! Thanks... :D

Micki wrote: »
    Lainy - How many propoints are in the fish cakes, i got a bag yesterday! I never got to point them though and i want to get my mother to put them on for me to have at lunch and i want to have worked out the points!!!! Thanks... :D

are they these ones? (pic attached)

1 = 3pp
    2 = 5pp
    3 = 8pp

they're potato and cod...YUM! and they grill from frozen...SUPER handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

First time weighing in tiday since May as I reached goal back then.was down 2lb so im thrilled thats 4lb under my target weight:) keep up the good wirk everyone!!!

are they these ones? (pic attached)

1 = 3pp
    2 = 5pp
    3 = 8pp

they're potato and cod...YUM! and they grill from frozen...SUPER handy!

Yes that is them! Thanks you are a lifesaver!!! I'm gonna have 2 at lunch with a handful of wedges and some salad :D. I haven't tried them yet so kinda looking forward to them!!

Micki wrote: »
    Yes that is them! Thanks you are a lifesaver!!! I'm gonna have 2 at lunch with a handful of wedges and some salad :D. I haven't tried them yet so kinda looking forward to them!!

They are really nice! not too fishy at all!

Tmeos wrote: »
    Hi All, WI last night down 0.5lbs which is not too bad at all considering the week I had! Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a fast convenience style dinner for 10-15 points, have a million and one things to do tonight so need something that will be really easy. Any ideas?

Depends what you have in the house...pasta/rice/potatos, some home made potato wedges and salad with some yellow fin sole...

at this stage i just assume nearly everyone has that in there freezer LOL think we're all eating it (well the ppl who like fish)

Omlette with what ever meat is cooked in the fridge already,

even those dolmio stir in pasta sauces arent that bad on points. (cant remember off the top of my head)

some pasta + sauce, with salad.

Puppy blog is up LOL

They are really nice! not too fishy at all!

Yeah something different anyway and good value, i think they were only €2.09 or something. I also get the Tesco brand chocolate wafer bars for 66c. They are slightly bigger than the WW ones and the same 2 points! They are nice when you fancy something sweet and only 2 points and 66c for 5! Plus fruit in Tesco is 3 for €3 - I got a punnet of grapes, a net of easy peelers and a pineapple for €3... Ha ha i went to Tesco yesterday eve and spent time just strolling round and found all these good deals... :D

ProPoints® Value: 0
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 10 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Make up a batch of this perfect thirst-quencher - ideal for a warm summer's day. With zero ProPoints values you won't need to go thirsty!

Ingredients
    4 medium Lemon, unwaxed
    6 tablespoons Artificial Sweetener, granulated
    6 sprig(s) Mint, Fresh
    6 portion(s) (medium) Strawberries,
    Ice cubes
    1 litre Sparkling water

Instructions
    Use a potato peeler to pare the zest from the lemons. Make sure you only remove the yellow part as the white pith is bitter.

Put the lemon zest into a saucepan with 500ml boiling water. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat. Squeeze the lemon juice and add to the mixture. Leave until cold, then stir in the granulated sweetener.

Share between 6 tall glasses, adding a mint sprig and two strawberry halves to each one. Top up with ice cubes and sparkling water, and serve at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

What is the best oil to use when cooking something like a stirfry?

• Advertisement

What is the best oil to use when cooking something like a stirfry?

nearly all the oils are same value, but extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest i think. or the lo-cal fry light stuff is good :)

if its a really good wok like a high end tefel, you should only need tiny amount

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement