Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

s.mccaabe1 wrote: »
    Hi all, really glad I found this thread, I'm doing weight watchers at home by myself as there is no class near me! I'm a full time mom and am wondering how you find time to exercise at home to help with the weight loss?

Welcome to the thread! I'm on mat leave at the moment, so home all the time too. It's easy enough for me to get out walking, because I only have the one little boy. I'm also really lucky, because i live with my mam, and she's great to babysit while I go for a swim, or the odd time to an exercise class. I got a couple of exercise DVDs too, for the rainy days when I can't manage to get out. I do jillian michaels 30 day shred, and find it great, and I know a good few other ppl on here do it too. And I also have a davina DVD, which is my second preference! Other ppl here also use wii fit, if you happen to have that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Went to the Counter last night and got the most delicious Burger in a bowl for only 7pp. They have the nutritional info on the website so I worked it all out. 1/3 chicken breask - 5pp. Salad greens, cucumber, beetroot, red onion and carrot strings - 0pp Brie - 2pp (worked out from teh serving size quoted on their site) Sundried tomato dressing - 0pp. For some reason they only have nutritional info for the sweet potato fries with the sauce but normal fries without - So i shared some fries with my sister. But yeh for a low point dinner out that is super tasty - the burger in a bowl are good if you plan before going.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

weigh in last night , lost 1lb, had hoped for more but did have two nights out so shouldn't complain. Not great all the same in light of + 5 the week before ( After three weks off, two inclusive hotel breaks and a bank holiday visitor).
    Anyway, it's the right direction, big water and exercise week for me. Shopping for this bridesmaid dress isn't getting any further away.
    Keep the faith guys, we will all get there, chipping away, shopping and chopping and cooking and planning and carrying our little bagss of food and fruit around with us.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I am a long time WW member and had a food diary here a while back, my heightest weight was 17st 1lb, and my lowest 12st 3lb, at the moment I'm 13st 10lb, but am back at it with a vengence!

Lost 4.5lb this week and am thrilled! Homemade soup everyday and pointing everything and doing a weekly plan helped! My boyfriend is a godsend and will eat everything I do and is pointing himself he wants to lose a stone and lost 5lb this week! :D

Delighted to be back in the groove!! :D

Down 2lb this am! was delighted, esp considering that even though I wasn't weighed last wed, I was up a considerable number of pounds (3-4 according to my bathroom scales). It just goes to show what a week of religious tracking, and plenty exercise will do.... going to be extra good again this week, and see what I can pull off... in fact, I've only got 8 more weigh ins before I go back to work, so I'll have to be super good for all the weeks, to maximise my mat leave weight loss!!!

I'm going to progress up to level two of the 30 day shred later.... eeeeekkk!!! I've noticed that level one isn't leaving me quite so purple faced as it used to, so I think it's time!!!

I badly need to go clothes shopping, but I'm slow to do it... starting to look like a bit of a bag lady though, so I'll have to go and get some cheapish wardrobe foundations... I've a wedding in August, and I'm actually looking forward to shopping for it... usually I'd be DREADING it! Only problem is, it's nine weeks away, and I don't want to get anything too soon, in case it might be a bit loose on my by then (fingers crossed), but I don' t like buying things too small... it seems silly to tempt fate! I'll just have to see what happens I suppose!!! It strikes me that this is the exact opposite of the problems I was having wedding shopping last year, because I was pregnant, and afraid to buy anything too early in case it would be too small for me by the time my friends big day rolled around!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 mossimo9

Hi all, well done on the ww rollercoaster!
    I am just wondering Joe many points people say for a regular chicken fillet? I was pointing it at 4 but this seems very low- too good to be true.

Skipped last 2 weigh ins as I was so bad but back on track now and hoping to get good results on Tuesday. It's all that's on my mind!! Sad I know! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mossimo9

mossimo9 wrote: »
    I am just wondering Joe many points people say for a regular chicken fillet? I was pointing it at 4 but this seems very low- too good to be true.

Skipped last 2 weigh ins as I was so bad but back on track now and hoping to get good results on Tuesday. It's all that's on my mind!! Sad I know! :-)

* "how," not Joe!! Dam phone

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

I always propoint chicken fillets at 4 too! I cant remember the exact weight because I dont have the little pocket guide to hand right now but lets say for example a 150g fillet is 4 points, often the ones we buy in supermarkets are smaller than that so it might be even less propoints!

cailindana wrote: »

I always propoint chicken fillets at 4 too! I cant remember the exact weight because I dont have the little pocket guide to hand right now but lets say for example a 150g fillet is 4 points, often the ones we buy in supermarkets are smaller than that so it might be even less propoints!

165g chicken fillet is 4 pp... I always weigh them, and work out the pp in the piece of chicken I have- as you say, sometimes chicken fillets are tiny, and sometimes they're massive!

165g of chicken is 4pp - so I tend to go with 30g is around 1pp - if its over 130 i point it at 4 though to be safe.

A lot of the ones in packs tend to be around the 165g mark - even if the pack says average weight 120 i find when I weight them they are usually heavier and hit around 160/165.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Just back from weigh in and was down 3.5lbs! Delighted!

Just a little treat i found i want to share; one of the ww brownies (2pp) and 2 scoops of ww vanilla ice cream (1pp) and its yum!!!! A great sweet treat or dessert!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I was down 4lbs tonight! Got my 7th silver 7 and my 50lb cert too. Woo!:D

After my disaster last week I'm down 3.5lbs this week :-) its brought me into the 11s for the first time in about 2 years. 2.5lbs now til my 5th silver 7! So super happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Wow its all great losses here today! I was -0.5lb at weigh in yesterday. Really annoying as I was aiming for 1lb to get my next silver seven. But its my own fault - had a glass of wine monday evening when a friend called in and I always seem to bloat for a day or two afterwards. Damn wine!!!! :rolleyes:

Well done everyone anyway!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Well done everybody! Such great results in here lately!

Had my first WI this morning and I'm down 4.5lbs :D Hopefully this week will be as good. Making a lot of headway with bringing in healthier eating habits too, which I'm actually more happy about! It's something I've really struggled with for a long time.

Edit: It's so funny that most of us have our meetings on the same day :D

cosmic wrote: »
    I was down 4lbs tonight! Got my 7th silver 7 and my 50lb cert too. Woo!:D

You've had a super few weeks! I'm only remembering, because a few weeks ago, we had the same distance to that 50lb cert, and I'm still a few pounds away! It's a huge achievement. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

ck83 wrote: »
    You've had a super few weeks! I'm only remembering, because a few weeks ago, we had the same distance to that 50lb cert, and I'm still a few pounds away! It's a huge achievement. Well done!

Thanks so much! I don't know what I'm doing really. It's just really working for me at the moment. I'm delighted, and shocked, because I've jsut blown all my mini goals out of the water. Time to set some new ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Delighted to hear of all the losses on here the last few days!

I've been feeling soooo bloated lately and a friend of mine called to me last night to go to yoga and she said she's been feeling exactly the same, must be the weather!!

I'm in one of those phases where I could just eat everything around me - hope it passes soon!

Have a work night out this eve and it's in an Indian of all places - totally the WORST WW wise!! Eek!! Any pointers anyone?
    I was just going to go for sauces that aren't too thick and are tomato-based to try to stem the damage...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lilyjclare

So happy, down 5lbs this week. Considering at my last weight in I was +7lbs, Im delighted Im back on track. I definately think planning meals is the reason I lost so much this week. Good luck everyone with weight loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

anyone know how many points are in 200g 90% lean mince from dunnes stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

s.a.man wrote: »
    anyone know how many points are in 200g 90% lean mince from dunnes stores?

Normally mice is 125g - 6ppts.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

Hi all,
    haven't posted for ages but been reading away all the posts. 1 teeny little pound to go to goal last time i weighed this much was 2007. So wouldn't ya think i'd put in a huge effort BUT no stupid me ate anything that moved since last friday and blamed it on totm so wasn't going to wi Tue but eventually did and sts..... Miracle but instead of feeling relieved i've just binged all day yesterday and now feel like a blimp so HELP cant seem to get my head around stopping eating am so hormonal i'd stab anyone who comes between me and something sweet and so so so want to get that last pound down. Was 11'2 year and a half ago and now 9'8 so not an earth shattering loss , very slow progress but huge diff to clothes size

This weather is not conducive to my weight loss. Can't put nose outside the door. And looking out doesn't do anything for ones mood either.... On the plus side, being house bound with only ww friendly food in stock... Is very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Unreal losses this week well done everyone I was down 0.5 lbs today happy enough with that a loss is a loss they keep telling me :) have been injured last few weeks so not able to exercise so hopefully I can get back into that this week Would really love to lose 3.5 lbs this week to get my 4th silver seven, that's a lot I know but possible ??? Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

has the poo weather stunned us all into to silence. Happy ww weekend everyone!!!

Thought i would share a little lidl discovery with you all, we have treat friday in work sometimes, just a few of us take turs to bring in something.My turn this week and i was rattling riound lidl last night wondering what to grab while thinking, i wont bloody be eating any of it anyway.

Anyhoo, picked up this bag of "Jean Pierre mini brioche swirls with a custard filling and Whole milk chcolate chips" Pointed them as I was making my dins, (Lightly dusted sole and bns chips = go too food hero) and turns out that they are only 4 pp each ( six in a packet) So guess who had treat day with all the others today:)

Tips for @ tryagain2012, water and more water, seems to get everything moving, that and the usual, plan , chop, cook from scratch, not too many treats, lots yummy lean protien and lay off booze...... Oh and carry snacks around with you everywhere:)

Sure we all know what to do, just sometimes we dont do it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

The weather is depressing !!! Making me feel like eating a load of bad things!!! Ha!! But I won't :-) hope ye all have a nice weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pippy12

Does anyone how many points are in a bottle of carling zest, it's only 2.8 % alcohol so I was thinking 1 pp? Bit confused as I've seen a lot of sites give bud light a pp of 1 when it is 4.1 %? help greatly appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Just quick note just made garlic patatas well my version but they were fab. Cubed a potato par boiled them first then did them in the oven with some spray oil some salt and paprika. Crushed up a clove of garlic with some rocked salt and mixed with lighter than light mayo and no fat natural yogurt. Put garlic mayo over patatas yum yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all... Was a regular on this up until a few months ago.. Then I kinda dropped out of WW, and have been on a binge since :(. I'm unsure as to how much I've put on, and dreading weighing myself, I haven't noticed in my clothes- so maybe it's not as bad as I'm thinking!?

Anyway just was hoping for some advice as I plan on getting back on track from Monday.. Was thinking of trying the F&H, anybody here doing it?
    God in so disappointed in myself for not staying at it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all... Was a regular on this up until a few months ago.. Then I kinda dropped out of WW, and have been on a binge since :(. I'm unsure as to how much I've put on, and dreading weighing myself, I haven't noticed in my clothes- so maybe it's not as bad as I'm thinking!?

Anyway just was hoping for some advice as I plan on getting back on track from Monday.. Was thinking of trying the F&H, anybody here doing it?
    God in so disappointed in myself for not staying at it :(

Hi m'lady. Welcome back! :)

First step, in my opinion, is to get weighed and see if there is any damage. From there, it is a new start. Plan what meals you are going to have, make a shopping list and get all your ingredients in. If you haven't been exercising, ease yourself in gently. Try not to feel guilty as it will only make you more negative and feel worse about yourself, which can send people into a worse spiral. Just start afresh, make sure you track everything and weigh your carbs and things that are high in fat, like cheese.

I have not tried F&H myself as I don't think I have the self control.

Best of luck :) I went off plan in August and didn't climb back onto the wagon properly until January this year. I still haven't lost much but I am trying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement