Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Oh and BMI say .... I no longer obese!!!!!!!!:cool:
    Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

First WI tonight and to say i'm a bag of nerves is mild! I'm bricking it.

Didn't excerise as I was way too tired lately nor did i drink as much water as i was supposed to however I did track every day and avoided a good bit of temptation!

I don't ever remember being so nervous about a WI before. I'm hoping for 1lb loss, as when i got to goal last time it was a slow steady 1lb - 1.5lb weekly loss. Anything over this and i'll be thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Dublin25 wrote: »

Didn't excerise as I was way too tired lately nor did i drink as much water as i was supposed to however I did track every day and avoided a good bit of temptation!

I don't ever remember being so nervous about a WI before. I'm hoping for 1lb loss, as when i got to goal last time it was a slow steady 1lb - 1.5lb weekly loss. Anything over this and i'll be thrilled.
    Best of luck i am sure you will be fine:)

good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Woo hoo, well done, that's fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Woohoo go you!

Best of luck tonight! When i'm waiting in the queue to be weighed in, I always feel like I'm at the dentist. Hate it! Best of luck tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Your all doing so well! Jealous!

Today is the first normal day I've had all week! Where I wont be running around not having time for proper meals at proper times!

Need to clock in some serious treadmill time next few days...

Just calculated I have to lose another 35 and 1/2 more pounds to lose the obesity BMI rating :eek:, BRING IT ON!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

I know its not a perfect guage but I have to lose 19lbs more to no longer be obese It has been so long since I was as close am I am trilled I really find pro points helping even though I cant exercise at the moment i am still loosing weight and still eating most of my weeklies last week i have 55 weeklies and lost 2.5 this week hopefully i will be under the 49pp and hopefully down again.......oh happy days the jeans that are older then my son will soon be my daily ones ....

best of luck to everyone one the losses and chin up to those struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

aspie mum wrote: »
    I know its not a perfect guage but I have to lose 19lbs more to no longer be obese It has been so long since I was as close am I am trilled I really find pro points helping even though I cant exercise at the moment i am still loosing weight and still eating most of my weeklies last week i have 55 weeklies and lost 2.5 this week hopefully i will be under the 49pp and hopefully down again.......oh happy days the jeans that are older then my son will soon be my daily ones ....

best of luck to everyone one the losses and chin up to those struggling

I'm aware of this but chose to ignore it:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Your all doing so well! Jealous!

Today is the first normal day I've had all week! Where I wont be running around not having time for proper meals at proper times!

Need to clock in some serious treadmill time next few days...

Lainy, you were saying something a few days ago about drinking Malibu and Diet Coke. How much is in a measure of Malibu please?

P.S Love the new puppy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Micki wrote: »
    Lainy, you were saying something a few days ago about drinking Malibu and Diet Coke. How much is in a measure of Malibu please?

P.S Love the new puppy! :D

35ml is the Irish Standard Pub measure, spirits are about 3pp per mesure

Made the herby pea soup recipe for lunch today that was in the Sunday World this week. Quite nice but way too much for one sitting along with a slice of brown soda bread. Have kept half for himself this evening.

If anyone needs the recipe I'll put it up.

Caros wrote: »
    Made the herby pea soup recipe for lunch today that was in the Sunday World this week. Quite nice but way too much for one sitting along with a slice of brown soda bread. Have kept half for himself this evening.

If anyone needs the recipe I'll put it up.
    yes please!

Add a vegetable stock cube or stock pot which is what I used (1pp) to 400mls water. Bring to the boil, add 200g frozen peas (4pp).
    Simmer for 3 mins.
    Add 1 tablespoon each of chopped mint and parsley.
    Liquidise and season.

There's loads for 2 medium bowls in this, or 1 brimming to the full bowl!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Add a vegetable stock cube or stock pot which is what I used (1pp) to 400mls water. Bring to the boil, add 200g frozen peas (4pp).
    Simmer for 3 mins.
    Liquidise and season.

Thanks for this.....might give it a go tonite.....tired of Carrot and Coriander soup :cool: and I forgot to take something out for my dinner so this might fill the void and prevent me snacking off the kids plates (they are getting sausages tonite as my DH is cooking)....its terrible I have to get my DH to empty their leftovers in the bin cause I know if I do it, I will eat all the tasty bits on the way to the bin :( and then point it to discover I have had like an extra 5-10 pts :eek: happened to me on my first week on WW

Just made a yummy fruit salad with strawberries, bananas and pears, had it with a low fat yougurt (1pp) and a meringue nest (2pp) so not bad for a lunch time snack and helped me avoid the treats someone brought in and left in the canteen for the office!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Simmer for 3 mins.
    Liquidise and season.

If I make this soup can I freeze it... It sounds gorgeous and I've loads of parsley and mint in my garden to use up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    35ml is the Irish Standard Pub measure, spirits are about 3pp per mesure

Thanks. Might switch from Bulmers light to it and save myself a point a drink! Hope it doesnt make me too drunk though! :o

I won €130 notes in a 'Biggest Looser' in work :cool:

second woohoo!!! of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Well done everyone - some great losses this week! I'm weighing in tonight at 6 and really hoping for -2.5 to get my 10%... had a really good week food and exercise wise so fingers crossed! Its so hard to know though, last time I had what I thought was a bad week I lost 4 lbs! Dont know what goes on with my body sometimes.

• Advertisement

LinK3 wrote: »
    If I make this soup can I freeze it... It sounds gorgeous and I've loads of parsley and mint in my garden to use up:)

Ya I'd say you could seeing as the peas have been cooked, but it might lose it's green colour.

Found this recipe and its yummy and low in PP so thought I would share
    Chicken salad with chilli,ginger and lime dressing.
    serves 4 , 23 PP for full recipe and worked out at 5.75 so pointed it at 6PP
    Ingredients:
    4 skinless chicken breasts, cut thinly in to strips
    1 chinease cabbage, thinly sliced
    3 medium carrots, pelled and sliced thinly
    1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
    100g sugar snap peas, sliced
    1 tablespoon of sunflower oil ( I used low fat spray)
    a handful of fresh coriander
    For the marinade
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    juice of 1/2 a lime
    1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
    1/2 a red chilli, finely chopped
    1/2 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
    For the dressing
    3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
    1 tablesoppon of soysauce
    1 tablespoon smooth low fat peanut butter
    juice of 1/2 a lime
    1 tablespoon of honey
    1 teaspoon seasame oil
    1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
    1/2 a red chilli, finely chopped
    1/2 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger.peeled and finely chopped

TIP you can add more vegatables, peppers,cucumber,spring onions etc
    Method
    *mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, add the chicken strips and mix through, cover and place in the fridge to marinate while you prepare the salad and dressing.In a small bowl,whisk all the ingredients for dressing on till combined. place the chinease cabbage,carrots,redonion and sugar snap peas in a large salad bowl. Add half the dressing and combine untill all the vegetables are well coated.
    *Heat the sun flower oil (low fat spray) in a fryingpan.remove the chicken strips from the marinade and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side untill golden brown and cooked through. Serve the salad in individual bowls topped with the chicken,a little chopped coriander an extra drizzle of the dressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 LORNLAKES22

Hi just reading through the recipe, very nice - but just wanted to double check the points - is it 23 for the lot as that matches with your 5.75 or 33 which would be 8.25 - have to be pedantic - every point counts ;)

Hi just reading through the recipe, very nice - but just wanted to double check the points - is it 23 for the lot as that matches with your 5.75 or 33 which would be 8.25 - have to be pedantic - every point counts ;)

I got 23 but I used low fat spray so 5.75 I called it 6 pp per portion! now If I have pointed it wrong correct me please :) still 8 PP wouldnt be bad either esp if you bulked it up with more salad veg!

hi Baby75
    sorry I didnt point it - you wrote 33, on your message but your maths was 23 so I was just checking, obviously just a typo -:o

PS. yes 8 would be fine too :) it does sound very tasty so will definitely be one to try

hi Baby75
    sorry I didnt point it - you wrote 33, on your message but your maths was 23 so I was just checking, obviously just a typo -:o

Oh wow my bad :o well spotted :) sorry for the confusion ! it was very very yummy

Fab sounding recipe baby75 , sounds right up my street!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

1.5 down. happy with that since i did have a few drinks too many on Saturday and there were repurcussions of it through sunday!

GT_TDI congrats!! that's my big thing too - want to be in the 14's so much. (another 7 lbs to go). Going to take a while cos i have two weekends away comming up.

• Advertisement

1.5 down. happy with that since i did have a few drinks too many on Saturday and there were repurcussions of it through sunday!

GT_TDI congrats!! that's my big thing too - want to be in the 14's so much. (another 7 lbs to go). Going to take a while cos i have two weekends away comming up.

I jump from target to target, getting below 15st was my most recent one, next is 200LBS ... 8.5 away from this! then I will only be 4LBS away from breaking through into 13st

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement