Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

angelll wrote: »
    Well that was verrry interesting!!! Poor rumpelstiltskin,have to admit i didn't expect the very end. Was the flower shop guy belle's dad?

Am i the only one still watching btw :D

There may be more of us in secret, love the twists in this show, it makes you look at the disney stories and others in a different light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Best episode of the season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

One of those shows that you can't openly admit to liking without getting abuse :P..

I love it though,,,some great beauty and the beast nods, from the lines spoken to the chip'd cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Shlippery wrote: »
    some great beauty and the beast nods, from the lines spoken to the chip'd cup!
    well that went completely over my head but it seems so obvious now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Also a nod to Game of Thrones with the florist van being called Game of Thorns, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at the end with Nurse Rachett and the guy sweeping the floor. Prob loads more too, I'm not usually very good at picking these up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Starting to notice none of the characters have seemed to have aged in any way other than Henry or Emma both of whom have lived outside Storybrooke. Mary Margret/Snow should be in her 40s but she is a similar age to Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Starting to notice none of the characters have seemed to have aged in any way other than Henry or Emma both of whom have lived outside Storybrooke. Mary Margret/Snow should be in her 40s but she is a similar age to Emma.
    Lol. Are you just after watching the pilot? Thought that was pretty obvious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

angelll wrote: »
    ...Am i the only one still watching btw :D

Far from it.
    Me still quietly watching it, as is the wife.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Tis great fun, ratings are top notch...guaranteed a season 2, no even open to debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Wtf is going on with regina,i thought she didn't have powers in this world!! I know she crushed the sheriffs heart but that was down in a crypt so i presumed it was deep enough that she was nearer to where they came from iykwim? Or maybe davids wife has just gotten lost in the woods? We'll see tomorrow anyway :)

• Advertisement

No episode this week, back next week though!

Stupid oscars messing with my tv :mad: :D

Belle (Emilie de Ravin) is back in the next episode! Really hope she becomes a regular on the show.

Belle (Emilie de Ravin) is back in the next episode! Really hope she becomes a regular on the show.

OMG :eek: - pass the cheese! :D

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/once-upon-a-time-dreamy-acker-preview/

Best episode of the season so far.

Agreed....De Ravin was very good, much better then expected. Loved her dialogue after Rumple gave her the boot in the dungeon....terrific episode.

I watched episode 10-13 last night, catchup. The four best episodes of the season, each one was intervoven with the other to form a huge backstory for several characters, they mapped it out very well.

Regina knows Rumple knows, Regina killed off Charming's fiance/wife :eek: - or could she be in the prison like Belle?....there was at least 8 cells, so maybe sexy Sherrif dude is down there as well?

Maybe when Queeny kills you she sends you to prison?....very good backstory on the jenie in the lamp also, the fairytale aspect is brilliant....my only complaint is not enough progress in the real world + an overall direction for the Storybrooke aspect.

Have to admit, i never suspected Sidney was working for Regina!....he had me fooled...and Emma it seems, good twist. As usual Carlyle is knocking it out of the park....he just embraces his characters sooo well!, he deserves some gongs next year.

Tbh i was going to drop OUAT because i had tons of shows to catchup on, but after seeing the last four i'm all in again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I started playing catch-up this weekend. It didn't really hook me until episode 7 (the sheriffs heart episode), but I'm in for the long haul now. :)

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Also a nod to Game of Thrones with the florist van being called Game of Thorns, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at the end with Nurse Rachett and the guy sweeping the floor. Prob loads more too, I'm not usually very good at picking these up!

There are loads of subtle nods strewn throughout the show, Grumpy whistling the Hi-ho-hi-ho tune, lots of little Easter eggs in the dialogue + sets, often you'll see items that relate to another fairytale story.

Also....when Charming meets Rumple in the drug store to buy Valentine's card...he sneezed....i bet that was Sneezy!

She's been cast in a pilot, along with Anastasia Griffith.

Ep. 14 was adorable, from a lovey dovey aspect....but not the most exciting or juicy. Amy Acker was stunning....her dress and little makeup, a true natural beauty. She was adorable as Nova and the nun.

Poor Grumpy/Dreamy!....that was pure fairytale stuff...except they didn't get a happy ending like in a book, but i'm sure sometime they'll be together. So James/Charming is pinned for the murder/disapperance of his wife/fiance....hmmm, another Regina stitchup it seems.....evil Queeny!

Lapdog Sidney doing her bidding....roll over doggy! (grrrr), so mystery biker/writer dude copied the storybrooke book eh?,what's he at?

Overall visually it looked impressive with all the CGI and fairy dust, the love story was cute but overall not as exciting as others.

3/5

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/once-upon-a-time-spoilers-paleyfest/

I loved todays story,being a girl i suppose :D Poor dreamy/grumpy :( I *may* have looked ahead at the wikipedia episode guide and i *may* have seen a couple of spoilers that mean it won't work out the way it seems ;)

• Advertisement

Thought it was good enough, if a bit cheesey at times, agree with Richard Dower about Amy Acker, really liked her in this episode.

Next episode is about Red (Riding Hood). They will also be incorporating some of the Alice in Wonderland story into the show in a future episode. Looks like there'll be 22 episodes this season with the finale on 20th May. Anyone know how the ratings are doing, and if the show has been renewed for a second season yet?

Thought it was good enough, if a bit cheesey at times, agree with Richard Dower about Amy Acker, really liked her in this episode.

Next episode is about Red (Riding Hood). They will also be incorporating some of the Alice in Wonderland story into the show in a future episode. Looks like there'll be 22 episodes this season with the finale on 20th May. Anyone know how the ratings are doing, and if the show has been renewed for a second season yet?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/06/sunday-final-ratings-the-good-wife-csi-miami-adjusted-up-cleveland-adjusted-down/123070/

3.4 demo and 10.67 million Sunday...but it scores very high in the female demo 18-49 + 18-34, has a very big female following of all ages.

Guaranteed a second season, it's not even open to debate....probably the only 100% guarantee new show to go to season 2 :)

Big ep. tonight with Meghan Ory *finally* getting some proper screen time, thus far she the local floozy, seen her in a few things and remember her well from Higher Ground. So the Red Riding Hood backstory should be a cracker!

Ep. 15 out now, Canada broadcast....the show appears to be available from 12am....much earlier then the US....off to watch it now :-)

OMG....the wolf was
    Red
    :eek: !
    Didn't see it coming until the reveal with Peter....very good episode, very dark....remeinded me ALOT of that recent movie, that Twilight for Red riding Hood thingy.....

Pretty gruesome and dark eppy, the camera raising up to reveal all the blood and dead bodies :eek: , that end....Mary Margaret fingered....literally :eek:
    That was one of Regina's/Evil Queens boxes with the heart inside, but who's heart?

Was it left over and buried from the fairytale time or recent/Storybrooke time? :confused:

I don't think James/Charming did it or Snow/MM....another Regina stitch up me thinks, very solid ep..- can't wait for next wek!

Thought it was v good! I did cop it was either red or granny when i saw the marks on grannys arm,bitten by a wolf when they're turned makes you a werewolf :) I knew mary margaret was going to be arrested as i saw it on wikipedia episode guide,not a clue what happens next though! Next week should be v good :D

Solid episode. I hope they bring Ruby/Red into the show a bit more now.

I thought we were to assume the heart in the box belonged to Kathryn? That could be a red herring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

Excellent Episode. Very unusual take on the Red Riding Hood Story-one which had me guessing the whole way through(something you wouldnt think possible considering we've all heard these fairytales innumerable times)-Kudos to the writers for that.

Wish Mr Gold was getting more screen time in storybrook though. .

Looking forward to next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Solid episode. I hope they bring Ruby/Red into the show a bit more now.

I thought we were to assume the heart in the box belonged to Kathryn? That could be a red herring though.

I would assume it is Kathryn's. But let's not forget Regina has a nice selection of hearts to choose from. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Ep. 15 out now, Canada broadcast....the show appears to be available from 12am....much earlier then the US....off to watch it now :-)

The US and Canada time shift forward before we do. Last weekend they moved ahead an hour. So we should have access a bit earlier next week too until we're on IST the following week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement