Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Watched the 2nd ep last night and really enjoyed it. Does anybody else think it is going to go down the LOST route of telling a different characters back story every week along with the overall story arc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I just noticed on the official Facebook page that they put up the first 10 minutes of the upcoming episode a few days before each episode. I'd prefer to wait for the full episode but there might be some people who'd like to see a bit of the episode sooner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It's great that soo many different/genre shows are doing well....it sure beats the cops/doctors/lawyers shows which i loathe!, fresh episode tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Knew this would be on boards somewhere :) Saw Grimm advertised on the place where i stream...looked it up and saw in the reviews that OUAT was better so watched the first two episodes last night...omg i love it! Getting ready to watch epi 3 as i type...yay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Watched episode 3. It's a good show but I can't help but feel that we already know the ending? Given that the whole plot is for Emma to restore the happy endings I guess each episode is just going to be a stepping stone towards that inevitable goal.

Enjoying it anyway, certainly better than the only other Monday show I have being TWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I'm enjoying it cos it's something different but struggling to see how they could stretch a few seasons out of it..but then again who knows what road it'll take..I'm loving the real life comparisons..toll bridge, troll bridge etc :P..so simple

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Redisle wrote: »
    Watched episode 3. It's a good show but I can't help but feel that we already know the ending? Given that the whole plot is for Emma to restore the happy endings I guess each episode is just going to be a stepping stone towards that inevitable goal.

Except that's clearly not the plot, just what Rumplestiltskin wants the characters on both sides to believe. The real plot is why he has set this plan in motion and what he hopes to gain from it, which we don't have a clue about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Deadly. I love her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Chay-lie... a dingo stole my bay-bee!"

Basq wrote: »
    "Chay-lie... a dingo stole my bay-bee!"

Lost refrence i presume?....not a fan of her tbh.

So did cinderella just have a 10 year pregnancy? Or what's going on....Henry was adopted 10 years ago,surely more time would've passed for the characters.

I must admit, i got quite weepy during ep. 3 - i'm a sucker for a good love story...i am not that interested in the Storybrooke part of this show, i think the fairytale part is the best. You're taking all these famous characters like Snow White etc. but the producers are creating brand new stories and mythology for them, so it's like you're seeing a very different take on the classic stories.

I like the show alot, my isssue is it needs to be more and do more with the modern day setting, move it along...add some threat, Evil Queen/Mayor chick needs to start offing people or something, not seen ep. 4 yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The first 3 episodes were good but the fourth was sub standard .

I enjoyed episode 4 but it was let down a bit by the actors playing Cinderella and her prince.
    angelll wrote: »
    So did cinderella just have a 10 year pregnancy? Or what's going on....Henry was adopted 10 years ago,surely more time would've passed for the characters.
    Time was frozen in Storybrooke until Emma showed up, so I think Cinderella was in a permanent state of pregnancy during the 10 years. I think Henry was born outside of Storybrooke so he isn't affected by the time freeze (possibly). I dunno though, they are still establishing the rules of the show so hopefully these things will become clearer as the season progresses.

Episode schedule:

1-01 23/Oct/11 Pilot
    1-02 30/Oct/11 The Thing You Love Most
    1-03 06/Nov/11 Snow Falls
    1-04 13/Nov/11 The Price of Gold
    1-05 27/Nov/11 That Still Small Voice
    1-06 04/Dec/11 The Shepherd
    1-07 11/Dec/11 The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
    1-08 18/Dec/11 Desperate Souls
    1-09 /12 True North

^ oops...read it wrong, idiot alert.

Robert Carlyle is ace at playing Rumple, pretty lavish fourth ep. - the costumes, hairstyles, sets, probably 1-200 extras....looked great!, as always it's the fairytale world that holds the most interest, but we're four eps. in and no overall story/arc/direction has been established.

We don't know WHAT the evil queen or Rumple are playing at or what they want + no one has gotten a happy ending, least not in the context i understood from the pilot?
    But i do enjoy the show, it's at least a little different from yer usual crap that gets churned out.

FYI....no episode tonight, American Music Awards.

• Advertisement

You can download a piece of the soundtrack here: http://abc.go.com/music-lounge/artist/mark-isham/890751

You can download a piece of the soundtrack here: http://abc.go.com/music-lounge/artist/mark-isham/890751

New episode tonight!

Going to watch in a few mins :) Just waiting for it to be ready so i can find out how jiminy became a cricket :D

Can't believe David went back to what'sherface :mad: Next week looks v v interesting,saw a preview so i know who's going to get some memories back,not sure if it's who i would pick but howsever. Thought last weeks episode was v good too,showing the fairytale land at the bottom of the lift shaft.

I felt like such a sop just waitin for the minute he'd meet her at the troll bridge.. feck sake. I'm enjoying this show a lot more than I thought I would! Hope it lasts :)

:eek:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/once-upon-a-time-season-1-episode-7-recap/

Just seen ep. 5/6/7...shocker end to ep. 7 though, major death!

**** just got real..!!! It was inevitable once the LOST~esque kiss happened at the start :(...while I'm loving every minute of this I'm struggling to see how they're going to stretch it out...

:eek:,Poor sheriff! Brilliant episode though, i was wondering if she had any powers left while they were on earth,obv she does so that means rumpel may have too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Mr Golds power seems to be the fairy tale items in the pawn shop, he used them to change the mind of the pseudo prince/john doe/David to his brothers.

• Advertisement

Mr Golds power seems to be the fairy tale items in the pawn shop, he used them to change the mind of the pseudo prince/john doe/David to his brothers.

Could be...i spotted Aladdin's lamp in his shop in the latest ep. :)

Advertisement