Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,823 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So no one thinks to keep an eys on the farm in case she comes back, at which point they would see Rumple returning.

I was never a big Neal fan, though never had a problem with him. But thought his death was kinda pointless. I know his life was sacrificed to bring Rumple back but it just felt a bit shoehorned in. And where's all this "True love" magic they could've used? Don't tears or a kiss usually bring them back?

Speaking of magic, how is it Emma can seem to use it when the plot requires but can never use it when it could clearly come in useful?

I like the Regina/Robin thing (though I'll always remember Sean from Grange Hill. And that's showing my age :)) because I like to see Regina happy and I hope they'll actually stick with that now and not turn her evil again every 5 minutes. Another positive thing about the relationship is it shows continuity.

Up until now, I forgot who Neal nearly married, but it was your one from season 2 that was trying to destroy magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Up until now, I forgot who Neal nearly married, but it was your one from season 2 that was trying to destroy magic.

Tamara. Ugh, I think we'd all happily pretend that storyline never existed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I was never a big Neal fan, though never had a problem with him. But thought his death was kinda pointless. I know his life was sacrificed to bring Rumple back but it just felt a bit shoehorned in. And where's all this "True love" magic they could've used? Don't tears or a kiss usually bring them back?

I don't think Neal and Emma had true love though. He may have loved her, as Belle implied when she said it's how the necklace survived the curse, but I don't think Emma loved him anymore.
    Speaking of magic, how is it Emma can seem to use it when the plot requires but can never use it when it could clearly come in useful?

They've implied a few times that magic is tied to emotions so Emma's only been able to use it when her emotions are.... right? You know what I mean. Was it ever explained why Emma has magic when neither of her parents have? Or is that another "because of reasons!" thing.
    (though I'll always remember Sean from Grange Hill. And that's showing my age :))

I was so in love with Sean when I was a kid. I'm not sure what he was doing at the time but I remember him being in all the girly mags at the time :)

I was confused by this too, I was like Neal nearly married a Lost Boy? How did I miss that?

Actually, speaking of the Lost Boys, what happened to them with the new curse? They came back to Storybrook with the gang but would have been sent back to wherever they were before the curse, so I assume Neverland, but with no Peter... but then where are they now? And also, how come Aurora and Philip didn't get brought back to Storybrook this time when Robin and his men did?

They've implied a few times that magic is tied to emotions so Emma's only been able to use it when her emotions are.... right? You know what I mean. Was it ever explained why Emma has magic when neither of her parents have? Or is that another "because of reasons!" thing.
    I'm sure she was having emotions when she knew he would die if she separated them. ButI do actually know the answer to why she has it. Partially because of reasons, but mostly because she's the daughter of true love.

Guess that means all other kids are born to parents who don't really love each other.
    I was so in love with Sean when I was a kid. I'm not sure what he was doing at the time but I remember him being in all the girly mags at the time :)

Without using wikipedia, I think after Grange Hill he went to Eastenders and also became a singer.
    I do remember he played Prince Charming himself in a film I saw before. And oddly enough that plot was about his character being brought to a modern day city.

Actually, speaking of the Lost Boys, what happened to them with the new curse? They came back to Storybrook with the gang but would have been sent back to wherever they were before the curse, so I assume Neverland, but with no Peter... but then where are they now? And also, how come Aurora and Philip didn't get brought back to Storybrook this time when Robin and his men did?

I think, same as the first curse, it only covered a certain area so The Lost Boys didn't get caught up in it and Aurora and Philip were probably out of reach. Though didn't Mulan join Robin's crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's not all one place by the looks of things, there seems to be many realms, Storybrooke, Wonderland, Neverland, That place with no colour Dr Whale was from, The Enchanted Forest, Sherwood Forest, I would imagine seeing as Cora was disguised as Lancelot Aurora was/is in Camelot perhaps.

• Advertisement

So, what about Tinkerbell, was she in Neverland when Regina's original spell was cast? Or was she in the enchanted forest? I can't remember was she with them all when they "woke up" in the forest a few episodes ago?

As far as I know, she was with them when they went back, but who knows where she was when the new curse happened a year later. Same with everyone we haven't seen yet.
    Will be curious to see at what point the witch sent the monkey to Emma and why. How long did they say they were together before he proposed?

As far as I know, she was with them when they went back, but who knows where she was when the new curse happened a year later. Same with everyone we haven't seen yet.
    Will be curious to see at what point the witch sent the monkey to Emma and why. How long did they say they were together before he proposed?

I have 8 months in my head for some reason, don't know if that's right or not. The biggest question, in my opinion, is where was Hook for the year, how come he remembers everything and how did he get back to the real world if he wasn't cursed with the rest of them by Zelena?

Emma briefly asked him about it last week and it was clear he was hiding something but what?

Yeah 8 months according to a wiki.

So possible addition to the cast for next season
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/01/michael-socha-once-upon-a-time/

Michael Socha from Wonderland. Also from Being Human and This is England

^ That's good. I never watched Wonderland so I don't know who his character is or how they'll work him into the show but I loved him on Being Human so I'm glad he's getting another shot on the main show.

• Advertisement

In Wonderland, it was revealed he was
    Will Scarlet in the Enchanted Forest

In Wonderland, it was revealed he was
    Will Scarlet in the Enchanted Forest

I thought he was the Knave or something? I wonder did they know the show was going to be pulled and wrote that in so they could easily switch him over.

He was the Knave in Wonderland but one of the early episodes to link it to OUAT, and before it was due to be cancelled, the story was
    Himself and the Red Queen were a couple in the enchanted forest and they were using Robin's crew to steal something from Maleficint's castle before they got to Wonderland through a portal.

I must go back and finish watching that show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭gazzer

He was the Knave in Wonderland but one of the early episodes to link it to OUAT, and before it was due to be cancelled, the story was
    Himself and the Red Queen were a couple in the enchanted forest and they were using Robin's crew to steal something from Maleficint's castle before they got to Wonderland through a portal.

I must go back and finish watching that show

It would make sense if that character came into OUAT as we have seen in episodes of Wonderland that
    he lives in Storybrooke and that was where he had his heart hidden

gazzer wrote: »
    It would make sense if that character came into OUAT as we have seen in episodes of Wonderland that
    he lives in Storybrooke and that was where he had his heart hidden

Does that also make him the cowardly Lion?

Guys! Guys! Guys!

Have you seen the new pictures from on set? I've no idea what's going on but....
    Hook's got new clothes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭gazzer

Does that also make him the cowardly Lion?

No because
    Alice went to Storybrook a couple of episodes back in OUAT Wonderland and got his heart. Jafar stole it and put it back in the Knave

I am getting Dorothy vibe from Regina wearing those red gloves in these pictures from Sundays episode on ABC below, warning spoiler alert.

http://abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/photos/seasons/03/episode-316-its-not-easy-being-green/media/once-upon-a-time-episode-316-its-not-easy-being-green-005

Well, that was a big old bag of crazy!

So
    Zelena wants to turn back time, like Cher! and make it so Regina was never born?

She's got courage and want's Regina's heart but I wonder whose brain she'll need? From the promos it looks like maybe Hooks? Or is Hook working with her? Did she take his brain already and make him go find Emma? It would explain how Hook got to New York to find Emma.

Also, how unsubtle was Regina giving Robin her heart to mind. I couldn't stop laughing.

Still think it will be Henry's brain. That was an interesting episode.

• Advertisement

I watched Frozen the other night and I couldn't help thinking that maybe the writers watched it the night before they wrote this episode. I saw it mentioned on the TV.com recap but I did think it myself when Zelena's "dad" was telling her to put on her best face or whatever, he was basically saying "conceal, don't feel", I was expecting Zelena to burst into Let It Go when she stormed out of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

She's got courage and want's Regina's heart but I wonder whose brain she'll need? From the promos it looks like maybe Hooks? Or is Hook working with her? Did she take his brain already and make him go find Emma? It would explain how Hook got to New York to find Emma.
    Still think it will be Henry's brain. That was an interesting episode.

Does she not already have a brain - Gold/Rumple's brain? :confused:

Does she not already have a brain - Gold/Rumple's brain? :confused:

Does that count though? She's only controlling him because she has the dagger? By the same logic you could say she has the whole town's brains because she has a year of their lives, or their memories at least.

Does that count though? She's only controlling him because she has the dagger? By the same logic you could say she has the whole town's brains because she has a year of their lives, or their memories at least.

But Zelena literally said at the end of ep 15 "quiet minds" that she now has his "beautiful brain", so... She was holding the dagger and has full control of him, but I just thought that line made it pretty definitive.

But Zelena literally said at the end of ep 15 "quiet minds" that she now has his "beautiful brain", so... She was holding the dagger and has full control of him, but I just thought that line made it pretty definitive.

Oh, I must have missed that bit :o

Oh, I must have missed that bit :o

Me too, but remember nothing is ever what it seems in this show.

Dying at the description for this Sunday's episode. Mary Margret and David try to prove they're as much fun as Hook because Henry thinks they're boring. :)

Anyone else disappointed it wasn't James Franco as the Wizard, especially since the room appeared to be the one from the movie?

And I like the interaction between Regina and Robin. For lack of a better word, it's cute.

Thought the whole green with envy thing was a bit silly.

And have to say it: If she's looking for a brain, she's in the wrong town. :pac:
    Though with Belle being the one into books, it could lead to the witch attacking her and Rumple saving her.

Anyone else disappointed it wasn't James Franco as the Wizard, especially since the room appeared to be the one from the movie?

And I like the interaction between Regina and Robin. For lack of a better word, it's cute.

Thought the whole green with envy thing was a bit silly.

And have to say it: If she's looking for a brain, she's in the wrong town. :pac:
    Though with Belle being the one into books, it could lead to the witch attacking her and Rumple saving her.

I thought we've already established that she has found the brain she needed, Gold's, just hasn't "extracted" it yet. ;) Yeah I like the Regina/Robin thing too. And the baby using telekinesis at the start was supercute. :) I really really felt sorry for Zelena, yet another victim of bad parenting, abandoned by her birth mother and later to be rejected by her foster father. Poor girl, yeah the envy thing seems a bit weak but she's pretty badass now so I'll go with it sure. :pac:

• Advertisement

^ The parental abandonment thing is wearing a bit think now. Actually it's been wearing a bit thin for a while, it's see through at this point! Someone in the writers room has issues, go to therapy!

Everybody has been abandoned by their parents and they're all screwed up because of it. Have they no other story ideas?

I don't like Zelena, the actress playing her has gone for full on crazy and there's nothing likable about her. Her camp delivery of lines is highly entertaining but there's nothing likable about her. I suppose she's supposed to be a big bad and not a redeemable character.

Advertisement