Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And they're going to have fun trying to rebuild the castle and all considering the state it was in when we last saw it.

If the spell/curse was undone though... shouldn't Fairy Tale Land be as it was before it was cast? If Storybrook disappears because the spell created it, surely all the damage it did should be undone too?

Personally I hope they all have to live outside, I hate those CGI sets with a passion!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Channel 5 in the UK have dropped it.

Part of me hopes they don't go back to Fairy Tale land or Storybrook. Have everyone based in NY fish out of water type storyline.(not sure that would work though).

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭maik3n

Surely, since Baelfire ended up in the real world, so to speak, before Reginas curse hit, he should still be knocking about in NY as Neal, with all of his memories intact?

Also, anyone else wondering how exactly Rumple called his shadow, when all of his magic was supposed to be blocked?
    From the scenes leading up to the showdown, it kind of looked like he was about to lop his hand off but it doesn't seem like he went that route after all.

^ Regina said something along the lines of Emma should have gone back too but because it would have left Henry on his own she could let her leave too. She didn't really explain it that well, and whatever loophole allowed that should have applied to Neal as well, even if it was just a quick one of you can stay, but not both.

I might have to watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Channel 5 in the UK have dropped it.

Part of me hopes they don't go back to Fairy Tale land or Storybrook. Have everyone based in NY fish out of water type storyline.(not sure that would work though).

the show's already borrowed enough from fables if they set it in new york then Warner Bros will be up in arms.

personnally wasnt a fan of the ending, it left a lot of holes in the events and was somewhat rushed.

Not to mention the opening was really jarring with how everyone was standing around calmly as rumple expositioned the stakes/plan and you had Pan casting the curse.

The only detail I liked is the reveal of where the fairy tale book started and how it miht tie to something much bigger. It also very briefly touches on an issue that's come up here in questions a few times. Henry was the only person in storybrooke getting older.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭bren2001

maik3n wrote: »
    Surely, since Baelfire ended up in the real world, so to speak, before Reginas curse hit, he should still be knocking about in NY as Neal, with all of his memories intact?

Also, anyone else wondering how exactly Rumple called his shadow, when all of his magic was supposed to be blocked?

Just because Rumple's magic was restricted doesn't mean the couldn't control his own shadow. His shadow was ripped from his body and will only respond to him. Don't think he needs any magic to control it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

bren2001 wrote: »
    Just because Rumple's magic was restricted doesn't mean the couldn't control his own shadow. His shadow was ripped from his body and will only respond to him. Don't think he needs any magic to control it.
    He shouldn't need any magic to do it, Pan was able to control his shadow when he was in Henry's body and lacking his power (I assume he was lacking it given how he didn't use any, up until he removed the heart, but Hook was able to do that too with the right spell).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Just saw the last episode there....soooo sad :( , i wonder how Hook remembers and got to NY :confused:

They've wiped the slate clean, and now we wait until....March! :mad:

:(

jenjenten wrote: »
    Just saw the last episode there....soooo sad :( , i wonder how Hook remembers and got to NY :confused:

Everyone remembers except Emma and Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I was such a blubbering mess during those last 10minutes. I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that Regina "Evil Queen" Mills gave Emma "the Savior" Swan her happy ending. MY FEELS!
    Gotta say I'm super excited for the enchanted Forest, and the way I read the promo was EF scenes will all be told in flashbacks of the year that passed for Emma and Henry, and new curse Storybrooke will be the present day.

And no way in hell is Rumple dead. He'll be back.
    what about aurora and mulan....its deffo an undercurrent.

Sarah Bolger was at a con in France over the weekend and pretty much confirmed nothing would be happening between Mulan & Aurora(because the actresses are on diff shows). She also confirmed that yes, Mulan was going to declare her love for Aurora not Phillip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

maik3n wrote: »

Same thought struck me. If you want to get pedantic then technically Pinnochio came through before the curse as well (as much as Emma did).

And what about characters who came through after the curse? Hook, the Giant, Ariel...

And the Lost Boys? Back to Neverland or do they go to their pre-Neverland lives?

So many questions!

It's anyone who wasn't born in this realm that was sent back. Emma only gets to escape it with Henry because she (her parent's True Love)was part of the original curse. She is the Saviour of the dark curse.
    The only one this scenario raises question over is Cinderella's baby because she was born in Storybrooke. Is lil baby Alexandra left fending for herself in a forest somewhere in Maine?

Then again maybe they'd argue it's anyone not conceived in this world.

This may be over thinking it a bit but.... if they've "undone" the curse, which is how they explained Storybrook not existing anymore.... should Emma still even exist? If she was born to be the saviour, but there's no curse...... shouldn't she just be a regular Enchanted Forest baby?

Also, Hook isn't from the Enchanted Forest, is he? He's either from the imaginary UK in Peter Pan land or he's from the real world and ended up in Neverland and then everywhere else. Still not clear on that. Could explain why he's the one that can come back to find Emma, but still doesn't explain why everyone else ends up together in the Enchanted Forest, or indeed why Neal had to go back too.

This may be over thinking it a bit but.... if they've "undone" the curse, which is how they explained Storybrook not existing anymore.... should Emma still even exist? If she was born to be the saviour, but there's no curse...... shouldn't she just be a regular Enchanted Forest baby?

Also, Hook isn't from the Enchanted Forest, is he? He's either from the imaginary UK in Peter Pan land or he's from the real world and ended up in Neverland and then everywhere else. Still not clear on that. Could explain why he's the one that can come back to find Emma, but still doesn't explain why everyone else ends up together in the Enchanted Forest, or indeed why Neal had to go back too.
    Well I don't think he's from the real world because that ship he was on with his brother was able to fly with the aid of dead Pegasus wings. Whatever world he is from clearly had magic(that the masses were aware of). But yeah, I'm confused on the Hook thing too.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Well I don't think he's from the real world because that ship he was on with his brother was able to fly with the aid of dead Pegasus wings. Whatever world he is from clearly had magic(that the masses were aware of). But yeah, I'm confused on the Hook thing too.

But... when Wendy came back with them and her brother's said they were going home... how? They were in the real world and it's been made abundantly clear that there's no beans and opening portals isn't just like clicking your fingers, so how were they going home?

Haha, oh god, it's probably best not thinking about. Plot holes galore.

But... when Wendy came back with them and her brother's said they were going home... how? They were in the real world and it's been made abundantly clear that there's no beans and opening portals isn't just like clicking your fingers, so how were they going home?
    Wendy and her brothers were originally from the real world, so they are home as far as the physical place goes. Of course, everyone they knew as children (apart from Baelfire) is long dead at this stage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

DeWitt wrote: »
    Haha, oh god, it's probably best not thinking about. Plot holes galore.

Yes.....its a fairytale show, you have to let the plotholes side.

Johnmb wrote: »
    Wendy and her brothers were originally from the real world, so they are home as far as the physical place goes. Of course, everyone they knew as children (apart from Baelfire) is long dead at this stage....

If Wendy and her brothers were from the real world, despite being characters in a book, then Hook could be too. Pan's Shadow came to the "real world" to take Wendy and then Baelfire to Neverland, so magic obviously existed, even if nobody knew about it. So it's possible that Hook and his brother were originally in the real world too, but somehow the King they were serving was aware of magic?

If Wendy and her brothers were from the real world, despite being characters in a book, then Hook could be too. Pan's Shadow came to the "real world" to take Wendy and then Baelfire to Neverland, so magic obviously existed, even if nobody knew about it. So it's possible that Hook and his brother were originally in the real world too, but somehow the King they were serving was aware of magic?
    It's possible, but there was absolutely nothing given in the show to imply that Hook came from the same world as Wendy. The reason I think Wendy came from the real world is because Baelfire was originally headed to a world without magic through the portal, so I assumed that meant the real world. Either way, Pan's shadow can obviously exist in world's without magic because that's where Baelfire originally ended up (whether it was the real world or another one without magic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The story of Wendy is set in the real world, Edwardian London, she is still a fictional character. Hook and his brother were on a mission for a money hungry King, King George/Prince Charmings father fits this bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,438 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source TV Line
    Series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis tell TVLine exclusively that the fantastical series will be killing off a major character during the second batch of 11 episodes (launching March 9), resulting in the exit of a series regular. “The character dies, for real,” Kitsis makes clear — at which point his/her portrayer will, make no mistake, leave the show.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source TV Line
    Series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis tell TVLine exclusively that the fantastical series will be killing off a major character during the second batch of 11 episodes (launching March 9), resulting in the exit of a series regular. “The character dies, for real,” Kitsis makes clear — at which point his/her portrayer will, make no mistake, leave the show.
    It's a toss between Hook and Neal, and I'm leaning slightly more towards Hook. They only released this spoiler because a PA let it leak on twitter last week that a member of the cast was unhappy and asked to leave. Colin has a new baby, and honestly the way they're writing Hook lately is a shambles. Colin has more to offer than fawning over and chasing Emma Swan.

It's obviously not Snowing, Emma, Henry or Regina. I don't think they'd kill Belle because the Rumbellers are a pretty big fandom...then again maybe Emilie is unhappy...it's not like they're giving her much to do.

Neal? Maybe. I've never been his biggest fan, but I have to admit he has the potential to grow on me. But they already "killed" Neal last season we don't need a rehash of those emotions.

So yeah, my money's on Hook. He'll die saving Emma or something.

Regina would be my guess, Wicked Witch will melt her leaving only one evil witch/Queen/whatever:P

I don't know if they'd kill
    Hook. He's hugely popular and as for how he's been written he's no better or worse than anyone else. OUAT is not a high quality show. It's entertaining and I know what to expect from it so I don't go in looking for high quality drama every week. If anyone on the show thinks they're not getting good writing they're on the wrong show. As for Colin, I don't know if he'd ask to leave. It's his first proper big break and as you say, he's got a new baby, which I would have thought would have made him want to stay where he gets a regular paycheck.

Just picked up season 1 and 2 in Xtravision tonight for €50 on DVD for a present, been looking for it for a month. Way over priced imo but am looking forward to introducing someone to this show.

I don't know if they'd kill
    Hook. He's hugely popular and as for how he's been written he's no better or worse than anyone else. OUAT is not a high quality show. It's entertaining and I know what to expect from it so I don't go in looking for high quality drama every week. If anyone on the show thinks they're not getting good writing they're on the wrong show. As for Colin, I don't know if he'd ask to leave. It's his first proper big break and as you say, he's got a new baby, which I would have thought would have made him want to stay where he gets a regular paycheck.
    Months of speculation ahead of us. Oh joy. No doubt it'll leak before it's time anyway.

^ Twitter will solve it as soon as someone tweets from LA or somewhere while filming is still happening in Vancouver.

Yeah, that happened with a character on Nikita.

• Advertisement

image.jpg

Okay, now I'm convinced it's either Belle or Hook. The fandom as a whole aren't particularly invested in Neal ( or not at least from what I've seen)

Advertisement