Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭bren2001

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I must've missed it, but how did Chraming stay alive to get back to Storybrook?

Charming stayed alive because he brought some of the water from Neverland. This keep the dream shade from reaching his heart. Rumple then gives him a remedy when they get back to Storybrook to cure it completely.
    Also, If Medusa turns people to stone, which can only be undone by stopping her, then shouldn't she have turned back when Charming did? Or is that one of the occasions where shouldn't be thinking logically? :)
    It is a paradox all right. But I didn't see it as a plot hole. I took it as a pretty good (and obvious) solution. The myth said she had to be stopped, which she was. It always annoys me how they get themselves in this tight spot and literally in two seconds figure out how to get out of it.
    Dunno where they're going with the new curse, or even if it'll go ahead.
    Wonder why they killed the blue fairy though unless it was to both eliminate a magic user as well as reveal the threat to Henry.

What I am wondering is that Rumple built himself into the curse that he would have a good life etc. So will he remember?

I don't like the idea of Henry re-figuring everything out again. Infact, I don't like the idea of people forgetting anything. I imagine either they will stop him in time, Tinkerbell with her pixie dust (which makes NO sense really) or the curse backfires in some way and doesn't set.
    Just looking at wiki and after this week's episode, the next one is in March

Midseason break. Happens on most shows in fairness.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

bren2001 wrote: »
    Midseason break. Happens on most shows in fairness.

Yes, and by staying off air until March they get to air all the new episodes back to back. A lot of shows go off around December and will come back late January but then take another break in March. Last season Once was like this, 3 episodes, then a break, another few episodes, break. I'd rather have them back to back even if it means a big break in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,480 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The big break this next year is because of the Winter Olympics in February. Most shows willl be off the air on the main US Channels while the Olympics are on.

The big break this next year is because of the Winter Olympics in February. Most shows willl be off the air on the main US Channels while the Olympics are on.

NBC has the rights to the Winter Olympics and with the time difference I don't see why it should affect any regular programming?

NBC has the rights to the Winter Olympics and with the time difference I don't see why it should affect any regular programming?

NBC will be showing primetime Olympic coverage from 8pm eastern time. Most stations CBS,ABC & FOX won't really want to go up againist the Olympics between 8 & 10pm. Cable stations will be different of course.

• Advertisement

The last Winter Olympics made a huge loss for NBC though, so I can't see that it's actually that big a draw for audiences. US TV is so weird.

Either way it works out better than the usual schedule, as I said before, bringing back shows in January for a few weeks, then taking them off again is so annoying. It seems the people at Once planned their season around this and have made 2 mini seasons to fit the schedule. So much better than the usual stop start nonsense.

The last Winter Olympics made a huge loss for NBC though, so I can't see that it's actually that big a draw for audiences. US TV is so weird.

Either way it works out better than the usual schedule, as I said before, bringing back shows in January for a few weeks, then taking them off again is so annoying. It seems the people at Once planned their season around this and have made 2 mini seasons to fit the schedule. So much better than the usual stop start nonsense.

I agree it works better than 2 weeks on 2 weeks off the usually US schedule for that time of year to strech 22 weeks of tv into 36 weeks

I agree it works better than 2 weeks on 2 weeks off the usually US schedule for that time of year to strech 22 weeks of tv into 36 weeks

It's why I stopped watching things at US pace, unless they're not shown here at all. It's annoying too when channels over here air things right after the US and then we have to put up with all the breaks too. I'd rather wait until January to start airing something then get all 22 episodes back to back.

Well.... that got a bit emotional. I feel bad for a lot of these actors at times because when they're given an emotionally heavy episode like this they're all pretty good, but it comes along once a season, if even. The rest of the time they're spouting magical nonsense and trying to act around CGI rooms.

Too bad it looks like they're basically resetting everything now. Emma in NY will be the equivalent of the Storybrook parts from Season 1 and the rest in the forest will be the flashback parts.

The promo looks weird though, some of the characters seem to be in the real world still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Well.... that got a bit emotional. I feel bad for a lot of these actors at times because when they're given an emotionally heavy episode like this they're all pretty good, but it comes along once a season, if even. The rest of the time they're spouting magical nonsense and trying to act around CGI rooms.

Too bad it looks like they're basically resetting everything now. Emma in NY will be the equivalent of the Storybrook parts from Season 1 and the rest in the forest will be the flashback parts.

The promo looks weird though, some of the characters seem to be in the real world still?
    Rebecca Mader - Wicked Witch
    - i approve :)

• Advertisement

Got to love Hook :)

jenjenten wrote: »
    Rebecca Mader - Wicked Witch
    - i approve :)

As long as it's the Oz version and not the Wicked version. How awful does her makeup look in the promo too.

Once Upon a Time 3x12 Promo

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Omg that was such a good episode. I'm so glad I stayed up to watch it last night despite my exam this morning ha! I don't think I would have lasted the day spoiler free.
    Can anyone in their right mind deny Swan Queen now?? How many long lingering looks and separations from "the things you love most" do we have to go through for people to accept it as endgame? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

Such a brilliant episode....cant wait till March! So sad to see
    Rumpelstiltskin
    die but what a way to go.....I did have a tear!:eek:

Wonder where there going to go now?

Can anyone in their right mind deny Swan Queen now?? How many long lingering looks and separations from "the things you the love most" do we have to go through for people to accept it as endgame? :P

Someone in the editing suite must ship it, hard! The guys in charge keep saying it's not a thing, they keep pushing and promoting the Neal/Hook/Emma thing, they've even sent Hook to NY to get Emma, and yet they keep putting in those moments that are only going to lead to more speculation.

Personally, I don't see it as a thing and enjoy those particular scenes for what I think they're supposed to be. Two mothers doing what's best for their son. But given the amount of people who seem to want Swan Queen every time they're on screen together I can't help thinking...."here we go, people are loving this!" :)

Such a brilliant episode....cant wait till March! So sad to see
    Rumpelstiltskin
    die but what a way to go.....I did have a tear!:eek:

I didn't shed a tear at that bit, I found it funny how Belle was basically in a heap on the ground and nobody went near her and Emma just about managed a "sorry about ya, buddy" at Neal :)

Omg that was such a good episode. I'm so glad I stayed up to watch it last night despite my exam this morning ha! I don't think I would have lasted the day spoiler free.
    Can anyone in their right mind deny Swan Queen now?? How many long lingering looks and separations from "the things you love most" do we have to go through for people to accept it as endgame? :P

they were trending in twitter last night :)

Someone in the editing suite must ship it, hard! The guys in charge keep saying it's not a thing, they keep pushing and promoting the Neal/Hook/Emma thing, they've even sent Hook to NY to get Emma, and yet they keep putting in those moments that are only going to lead to more speculation.

Personally, I don't see it as a thing and enjoy those particular scenes for what I think they're supposed to be. Two mothers doing what's best for their son. But given the amount of people who seem to want Swan Queen every time they're on screen together I can't help thinking...."here we go, people are loving this!" :)

what about aurora and mulan....its deffo an undercurrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jebus they rapped that episode up quite quick, poor Rumple too. Swan Queen angle looks likely now given the whole never believing what she was capable of thing with Emma, I hope they manage a 4th season as if it is just two episodes left I feel kind of let down.

One major plot hole, who is the new Dark One?

• Advertisement

jenjenten wrote: »
    what about aurora and mulan....its deffo an undercurrent.

I dunno, I kind of thought that was just a bone they tossed to the fans clamoring for a gay couple. No coincidence they promoted the next episode super heavily with the Captain Swan kiss?

Jebus they rapped that episode up quite quick, poor Rumple too. Swan Queen angle looks likely now given the whole never believing what she was capable of thing with Emma, I hope they manage a 4th season as if it is just two episodes left I feel kind of let down.

One major plot hole, who is the new Dark One?

Two episodes? There's about 11 left this season anyway.

The person who kills the Dark One becomes the new Dark One so as Rumple killed himself (assuming he's actually dead) there is no new Dark One?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When it showed the VW Beetle in the opening, I was hoping for a Herbie appearance. :(

At least the ending answered one question: Would they remember the events of Storybrooke when they got back to the Enchanted Forest? Hook clearly does.

At least the ending answered one question: Would they remember the events of Storybrooke when they got back to the Enchanted Forest? Hook clearly does.

And in the promo for the next episode Snow says "we're back" or something like that...I'm guessing they all remember. That promo was mind boggling though, wasn't it? Why was Robin Hood with Dr Whale in Storybrooke? Is it a flashback, flash sideways, flash forward? Why were Emma and Regina in what looked like Regina's office in Storybrooke, or having dinner or something? It just makes me want the next episode so much more!

Are they in Storybrook though? It's not supposed to exist anymore because the curse is undone. There's a scene of Belle in what looks like a town meeting asking if they know who cursed them. Is it possible that the new big bad is randomly plucking people from the forest and sending them back to the real world?

Funny that the episode actually wrapped things up fairly neatly but the promo just makes no sense, leaves so many questions.

The wallpaper in the Emma and Regina promo scene was definitely the same wallpaper as in Regina's office in Storybrook. Other than that I don't know for sure that it is Storybrook. Whale is definitely in his Doctor get-up too.
    I don't know how I'm going to make it til March to find out wtf is going on.

Does anyone actually think
    Rumple
    will stay dead? I really don't think so.

Also, was anyone as pissed off as I was that the blue fairy couldn't bloody stay dead?? She sucks! I really think she's going to be a big bad in the future, possibly the ultimate big bad.

I'm not sure they'd let
    Robert Carlisle
    leave even if he wanted to. I assume the original main cast all signed the standard 6 seasons contract, so I'd say he'll be back.

I just watched the promo and paused it a lot, and yeah... there's definitely an Emma/Regina scene, and it looks like Emma is in the scene with Belle too. Also, Robin Hood is in the scene with Dr. Whale, which makes no sense at all as Robin Hood never came to Storybrook in the first place! Just noticed Hook is in that scene too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭bren2001

For some reason I thought last week was the finale. I'm glad I follow this thread.

The narrator does say "one of the world's most sinister characters invades Storybrook". Combining that with the Dr Whale scene I imagine Storybrook comes back.

I was quite apprehensive with the mid season finale initially especially the resetting of some of the characters memories but it does set up a nice second half the season. Seeing snow and charming trying to set back up fairytale land. The power struggle they would have to overcome in that a lot of people wouldn't want a king or queen after living in Storybrook. The proper exploration of fairytale land and how it works. It was also a good way to write Emma and Henry out of the show and they would of got their "happy ending". That is not what they are doing at all but it is what I would like to see.

I do think Storybrook has run its course. I think going back to it would make season 4 very boring. It would just be a new villain attacks Storybrook. I do want to see them travel to new lands.

Rumple ain't dead. If he is, I'm leaving. He is clearly the best actor and character by several country miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

That episode was fantastic. I have loved Season 3 so far (apart from Snow and Charming and there nauseating 'Love' speeches).

It really felt like a Series ending rather than a Season (or rather Mid Season) finale.

Just when I thought it couldnt get any better they show the promo for next March :eek: I saw
    Wicked in the Bord Gais Theater
    on Saturday so it was a brilliant surprise to see this character in the promo.

gazzer wrote: »

It really felt like a Series ending rather than a Season (or rather Mid Season) finale.

Just when I thought it couldnt get any better they show the promo for next March :eek: I saw
    Wicked in the Bord Gais Theater
    on Saturday so it was a brilliant surprise to see this character in the promo.

I thought that too, it felt like a series finale. Tink gets her wings back, Regina, Rumple and Hook all redeemed and Emma and Henry get a happy ending. Obviously still a few loose ends but it would have made for a very strong last episode ever.

I saw Wicked in the Bord Gais too! :) While it was incredible, best thing I've ever seen, I hope it's the Wizard of Oz version of the Wicked witch they're bringing in, and not "Elphaba". She's not exactly a villain, is she. With all the other "big bads" defeated or turned good they need a proper villain and not a misunderstood humanitarian like Elphaba :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could imagine when Emma and Henry got home
    "Mom, where's all my stuff?"

And they're going to have fun trying to rebuild the castle and all considering the state it was in when we last saw it.

Advertisement