Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will The Queen Apologize for the Past?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I don't know whether the Queen will apologise while she's but I don't see why she should have to. She's merely a figurehead and as I think everone knows whether they admit it or not, she never personally ordered anyone to occupy us. She doesn't have that power.

In any case even if she does apologise it won't do any good imo because it will never be enough for some people.

Personally I feel we'd be much better off leaving the past in the past and moving forward. It's being hung up something long past that is still costing people their lives up North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I don't know whether the Queen will apologise while she's but I don't see why she should have to. She's merely a figurehead and as I think everone knows whether they admit it or not, she never personally ordered anyone to occupy us. She doesn't have that power.

In any case even if she does apologise it won't do any good imo because it will never be enough for some people.

Personally I feel we'd be much better off leaving the past in the past and moving forward. It's being hung up something long past that is still costing people their lives up North.

Two things: Look up what the purpose of a 'figurehead' is please and if the past was left in the past by EVERYBODY....would the Queen exist at all?

Stop trying to censor and get back to me when you inform yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

lcrcboy wrote: »
    When the Queen arrives do you think she will Apologize for the past occupation

For the people who think like that, it is the present occupation.

Maybe while she's here Enda ought to apologise for the millions of Irish we inflicted on them over the years and turning what was once a lovely London surburb into Kilburn of the 80s and 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the ould biddy would want to be apologizing for the past week and never mind anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

It would be an excellent symbolic apology by the British head of state, the woman who was head of the British armed forces all through the troubles.

Rather than simply pinning medals on them she should acknowledge that they butchered Irish people and caused a hell of a lot of heartache and suffering.

The Brits have always tried, and still do, to sweep their armies misdeeds under the carpet producing whitewashed reports. Its only now that they are starting to admit that their soldiers are murderers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement