Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Srs as cncr.
    The reason people don't like Janet comes down to Jealousy. Nothing else. She is the most talented act by FAR!

In your opinion.

Why do people use that silly "jealousy" argument in threads like these when people don't like someone? Do you think people who didn't like Johnny were jealous of him? People are allowed dislike someone, and people have given perfectly valid reasons why they don't like Janet, so I have no idea where you're getting the jealousy thing from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Amelia Lily is now the bookies favourite to win this years show, I think she was amazing saturday night and will only get better she has so much more stage presence than the rest of them, hope she goes onto win it now! I wish she would get rid of the pink hair tho and go back blonde :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Amelia Lily is now the bookies favourite to win this years show, I think she was amazing saturday night and will only get better she has so much stage presence as the rest of them, hope she goes onto win it now! I wish she would get rid of the pink hair tho and go back blonde her mentor Kelly and ask Lulu to mentor her :D

FYP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

corktina wrote: »
    why do you watch it bud ?

the gf.

and it's a soap opera.

i treat them like characters rather than it actually meaning anything in the real world.

despite it being crap, for me, it's at the same time kinda interesting, in a morbid kind of way.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    FYP :p

True that:D
    Kelly gave her a pathetic song choice in week 1 and at the time I felt she stitched Amelia up. To think that was only her 2nd performance on saturday night, whereas the rest have had weeks and weeks of live performances and vocal coaching and still she outshined the majority of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

Do you think people who didn't like Johnny were jealous of him?
    Everybody liked him surely.
    Who didn't like Johnny?
    He was this year's Stacy!

It is the bile and vituperativeness being heaped on a 16 year old girl that makes me think that those who 'don't like Janet' have serious problems of their own! Surprised to learn that she is a Chili Peppers fan though as I have always thought of them as 'Indie for Morons'.

Everybody liked him surely.
    Who didn't like Johnny?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who didn't like him. Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Srs as cncr.
    The reason people don't like Janet comes down to Jealousy. Nothing else. She is the most talented act by FAR!

Jeez this is the kind of reasoning I've heard last in primary school. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are plenty of people who didn't like him. Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post!

Johnny reminded me of Frank Spencer from that programme years ago "some mothers do ave em"

I edited my post.

It is the bile and vituperativeness being heaped on a 16 year old girl that makes me think that those who 'don't like Janet' have serious problems of their own!
    That is always the way reminds me of what Samuel Johnson said about Irish fairness.

Surprised to learn that she is a Chili Peppers fan though as I have always thought of them as 'Indie for Morons'; I would have thought that she would be smarter than that.

Apparently she has written her own songs. I would love to hear them. They have to stop crimping her hair.
    I would totally go and see a Janet Devlin concert at night at the amphitheatre in Syracuse.

I don't think that there was anyone who didn't like Johnny he was this years Stacy.
    No one could be jealous of Johnny as he was old and poor and homosexual. Hopefully he can now be old and rich and homosexual.
    So no Jealousy no dislike. It was like how everyone hated Frankie Cocozza JEALOUS MUCH!:D

Also where is Stacy? Was she actually a bit too thick to do Kids TV or something (but wasn't Kelly Brook on TV once so the intellectual standards can't be that high).

BRING BACK STACY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I edited my post.

It is the bile and vituperativeness being heaped on a 16 year old girl t
    I see somebody's been using the 'word of the day' toilet paper they got for Christmas last year.
    asd2copy.jpg

I see somebody's been using the 'word of the day' toilet paper they got for Christmas last year.
    asd2copy.jpg
    That is a disgusting image.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

That is a disgusting image.
    maud_lovejoy.jpg

How was Kitty able to tell Olly she would be playing G.A.Y next weekend when she was only voted out a few minutes before :rolleyes:

How was Kitty able to tell Olly she would be playing G.A.Y next weekend when she was only voted out a few minutes before :rolleyes:
    GAY probably contacted her to say that she could do it as soon as she was voted out.
    Could you make £100,000 a year playing in gay nightclubs around Europe?
    Do they have live singers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I think they have a set schedule of nightclubs that every eliminated candidate performs at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Whatever act was voted out, regardless of whom it was, was probably booked in advance for that slot on the G.A.Y. stage.

I edited my post.

It is the bile and vituperativeness being heaped on a 16 year old girl that makes me think that those who 'don't like Janet' have serious problems of their own!
    That is always the way reminds me of what Samuel Johnson said about Irish fairness.

Surprised to learn that she is a Chili Peppers fan though as I have always thought of them as 'Indie for Morons'; I would have thought that she would be smarter than that.

Apparently she has written her own songs. I would love to hear them. They have to stop crimping her hair.
    I would totally go and see a Janet Devlin concert at night at the amphitheatre in Syracuse.

I don't think that there was anyone who didn't like Johnny he was this years Stacy.
    No one could be jealous of Johnny as he was old and poor and homosexual. Hopefully he can now be old and rich and homosexual.
    So no Jealousy no dislike. It was like how everyone hated Frankie Cocozza JEALOUS MUCH!:D

Also where is Stacy? Was she actually a bit too thick to do Kids TV or something (but wasn't Kelly Brook on TV once so the intellectual standards can't be that high).

BRING BACK STACY!

I didn't like Stacey very much at all :confused: And I certainly wasn't the only one, she split this thread quite a bit IIRC.

I don't know what her age has to do with it. So just because she's 16 (actually 17 now :P) we should go easier on her than the others?

Of course I have "problems" in my life....however none of them relate to my dislike of Janet. Thanks for your assessment though!

I didn't like Stacey very much at all :confused: And I certainly wasn't the only one, she split this thread quite a bit IIRC.
    I have never heard of someone who didn't like Stacy :confused: of course her laugh was a bit nasal :rolleyes: I snort when I laugh sometimes NOBODY is Pefect
    Why didn't you like her?:confused:

As well as her age her grandfather just died

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just like you, I'm going to assume it's down to jealousy. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just like you, I'm going to assume it's down to jealousy. :rolleyes:
    Why would anyone be jealous of Stacy?

I have never heard of someone who didn't like Stacy :confused: of course her laugh was a bit nasal :rolleyes: I snort when I laugh sometimes NOBODY is Pefect

As well as her age her grandfather just died

So I should like her just because her grandfather died? That makes no sense!

I thought Stacey was overrated, she was compared to Leona and Alexandra but she wasn't a patch on them. She was duller than Leona and lacked any sort of versatility. In the semi-final when they were meant to do a slow song and an upbeat song, her upbeat song was Rule The World ffs!
    Why would anyone be jealous of Stacy?

Why would anyone be jealous of Janet?!

So I should like her just because her grandfather died? That makes no sense!

I thought Stacey was overrated, she was compared to Leona and Alexandra but she wasn't a patch on them. She was duller than Leona and lacked any sort of versatility. In the semi-final when they were meant to do a slow song and an upbeat song, her upbeat song was Rule The World ffs!

Why would anyone be jealous of Janet?!
    She's young, she's got awesome hair, she lives on a farm, she's pale and interesting, she's talented, she's Irish.
    You name it (if you name the above). And there are probably other reasons too!

So you thought Stacy was over rated. That isn't the same as hating her with the vituperativeness that has been heaped on Janet D!

You do have to admit that Stacy's stupidity was so marked that it made her interesting. Like when she said what street she lived on.

She's young, she's got awesome hair, she lives on a farm, she's pale and interesting, she's talented, she's Irish.

So you thought Stacy was over rated. That isn't the same as hating her with the vituperativeness that has been heaped on Janet D!

You do have to admit that Stacy's stupidity was so marked that it made her interesting. Like when she said what street she lived on.

Dear god, enough already! Move on!
    Some people like her - some don't. Get over it. Enough please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

SlickRic wrote: »
    the gf.

and it's a soap opera.

i treat them like characters rather than it actually meaning anything in the real world.

despite it being crap, for me, it's at the same time kinda interesting, in a morbid kind of way.

Pubs all shut up your way eh?

I am just trying to show that there are many reasons to be jealous of Janet. I've gone right off her to be honest.

...I've gone right off her to be honest.
    So you started up an appreciation thread? :confused:

No matter. Let's move on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

How are you related to Janet again? :rolleyes:

Seriously wierd reasons to like somebody on a reality tv show.

I'm not her biggest fan and thought she was way overrated to start with but it looks like Kelly and Gary want Janet gone (she must be receiving a large amount of votes me thinks) and I guess they see her as a threat to win the show even if Kelly is her mentor Kelly's No. 1 is Misha like Cheryl was with Cher last year.

I dont like Misha and I'm not jealous of her if I was I'd seriously need help

• Advertisement

I dont like Misha and I'm not jealous of her if I was I'd seriously need help
    There is a difference between liking other acts more than someone and the kind of hate that seems to be reserved for Janet.
    Biggins wrote: »
    So you started up an appreciation thread? :confused:

No matter. Let's move on...
    I started that thread before I realised how jealous of her I am. This is a joke.
    I have realised that I have spent an hour overall posting on this and now I will have to get a later train!
    Curse you Janet Devlin you flame haired nightingale!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement