Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Poor Janet thought she was gone,you could see it in her eyes ,Gary and Tulisa are trying to get rid of her.She is their biggest threat.Kelly Rowland does not want Janet to win,she is a wolf in sheep's clothing.She was all out for Misha from day one.
    No one can connect with Misha,so Kelly get over it.
    Gary Barlow and Tulisa are trying to make Janet loose her nerve,and kelly is no way a mentor.
    Hopefully Janet will see now and get her stride back in her step.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Doesn't matter that much anymore - Jedward are the top earners from last years X Factor without winning it

2 years ago now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

caseyann wrote: »
    Poor Janet thought she was gone,you could see it in her eyes ,Gary and Tulisa are trying to get rid of her.She is their biggest threat.Kelly Rowland does not want Janet to win,she is a wolf in sheep's clothing.She was all out for Misha from day one.
    No one can connect with Misha,so Kelly get over it.
    Gary Barlow and Tulisa are trying to make Janet loose her nerve,and kelly is no way a mentor.
    Hopefully Janet will see now and get her stride back in her step.
    Janet is rubbish and alienates too many of the viewers to win. She'll last another two weeks tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Knew kitty was going to go, sad to see her to go though.

I'm glad Mischa was in the bottom two, she's so annoying and her save me song was crap. The only downside is next week we'll have to endure "I want this so much, this week I saved some dying orphans, LIKE ME""

Que Kelly "Miss Mischa B is so talented, she takes this so seriously"

etc etc

Gary "Mischa, tonight you showed why you deserve to be on that stage"

I could write the script without even seeing next week's show.

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    Janet is rubbish and alienates too many of the viewers to win. She'll last another two weeks tops.

How does she alienate viewers :confused:
    Janet is brilliant her voice is angelic and easy on ears,shivers every time she sings and she is a lovely young girl.
    She has recording artist voice,pretty, likability,genuine, not cocky,not two faced and had her own style coming in.

And seems the voters dont agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll take Janet over Misha anyday

Janet is brilliant her voice is angelic and easy on ears,shivers every time she sings and she is a lovely young girl.
    She has recording artist voice,pretty, likability,genuine, not cocky,not two faced and had her own style coming in.

She's not very good in interviews. I wouldn't say she alienates viewers but she is very awkward, she's a young girl though and that will come in time. But her performances the past few weeks haven't been great. Most people in the competition are improving but she is going the opposite way.

Her voice is grating, definitely not "easy on the ears"...very difficult to listen to in fact. That, of course, is a matter of taste though.

I have to disagree with the other things too. She's not very likeable IMO and from reading threads on DS and comments on other websites, it seems that a LOT of other people are thinking that too. She appears to have a bit of an attitude and her personality comes across as dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

I have to say I'm not really a Janet fan myself. I loved her at the beginning and she does have a great voice, but she says herself it's all about the music and not the hype that goes with X-Factor. I don't understand why she would go on the show at all if that's her problem. She looks moody every time she finishes a song and seems to be never happy. I realise I'm probably in the minority, but she smacks a bit of Cher Lloyd in her attitude to the whole thing.

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    She's not very good in interviews. I wouldn't say she alienates viewers but she is very awkward, she's a young girl though and that will come in time. But her performances the past few weeks haven't been great. Most people in the competition are improving but she is going the opposite way.

Because Kelly rowland is putting her all into misha i would say.Janet is on her own in this.She should never listen to them idiots.Stick with her own style of singing and performing.
    She will come back next week now she got the vote of confidence from public unlike from her own mentor.

I dont get why people try and tell someone else how to see her when i obviously like her singing and who she is.Why do people feel need to slate her when i dont care what they think.

I didnt want kitty to go,but i guessed it right.Shame that was.

Because Kelly rowland is putting her all into misha i would say.Janet is on her own in this.She should never listen to them idiots.Stick with her own style of singing and performing.
    She will come back next week now she got the vote of confidence from public unlike from her own mentor.

I dont get why people try and tell someone else how to see her when i obviously like her singing and who she is.Why do people feel need to slate her when i dont care what they think.

:confused: People aren't posting their opinions of Janet for your benefit. People are disagreeing, debating, discussing...that's the whole point of threads like these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yeah, people are voting for her. People also voted for Frankie Cocozza. You can't trust people.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    3RD year in a row, well could be more. louis has no acts for several weeks before the show ends. seriously louis hasn't won since 2005 :rolleyes:

I'd say it's because the other new judges just refused to take on this category and Simon said to Louis ' I'll give you another £100k on top of your £500k contract if you will take them on.

and Louis says to himself - FFS another £100k and all my acts will be out in 4 weeks and I will be FREE.

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

I didnt want kitty to go,but i guessed it right.Shame that was.

She was actually starting to grow on me! I thought the singing bit at the end was a bit cringy but she's the type of person who's not going to go out without having the last word.

I think you are right about Kelly and Mischa. I think Tulisa marked her card when she pulled her up on the alleged bullying.

Remember how Janet was bragging about choosing "I want you back" (I think it was that week anyway) herself and styling herself, etc in her VT?

That died on it's arse and she immediately started blaming everyone else.

RE the alienation: She never smiles. Ever. Many people hate that squeak thing she does in her songs. She comes across as quite defensive in her interviews and the public are copping on to it. Check out the DS forums.

I can appreciate people liking her but she is just way too divisive to win. imo the producers have realised this too and are trying to give Mischa a redemption edit because they realise she could easily win this without many objections if she had a few more fans.

Why do people feel need to slate her when i dont care what they think.

it's called democracy - the reason you are allowed to vote in elections

You posted an opinion about Janet, people are perfectly entitled to disagree. If you don't care then don't look at the thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Remember how Janet was bragging about choosing "I want you back" (I think it was that week anyway) herself and styling herself, etc in her VT?

That died on it's arse and she immediately started blaming everyone else.

RE the alienation: She never smiles. Ever. Many people hate that squeak thing she does in her songs. She comes across as quite defensive in her interviews and the public are copping on to it. Check out the DS forums.

I can appreciate people liking her but she is just way too divisive to win. imo the producers have realised this too and are trying to give Mischa a redemption edit because they realise she could easily win this without many objections if she had a few more fans.
    I actually didn't mind her until that VT. She was crapping on and being generally pretentious about how she makes a point of telling the choreographers that she didn't want any backing dancers because they "take away from the performance". Yes, but the performance was shit.

• Advertisement

Another thing to consider - Janet is being pushed BIG TIME in the north. Pictures of her are being shown in almost every ad break of any programme on ITV.

Another thing to consider - Janet is being pushed BIG TIME in the north. Pictures of her are being shown in almost every ad break of any programme on ITV.
    Oh that wrecks my head! I can't watch the X Factor on UTV because of it.
    We get it, she's from The North. Give over.

TV3 have an ad with her singing in it as well which makes me want to throw my remote through the television. She squeaks and does her baby voice. Urgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Tulisa say the same thing (or similar) about Misha tonight when she saved her like she said about Kitty last week when she saved her :confused:

Oh that wrecks my head! I can't watch the X Factor on UTV because of it.
    We get it, she's from The North. Give over.

TV3 have an ad with her singing in it as well which makes me want to throw my remote through the television. She squeaks and does her baby voice. Urgh.

Ugh yes! Her singing Cosmic Love...it's SO irritating. Why can't they show a clip from the previous week's live shows in that ad instead of one from ages ago?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I see in this thread that a lot of people really dislike Janet but I think a hell of a lot of people like her too so I still think she will make it as far as the final 3. In the beginning I thought she might win but I dunno anymore, I'm thinking maybe Craig at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

She's also according to reports topping the votes each week like Matt did last year so will probablly win.

She's also according to reports topping the votes each week like Matt did last year so will probablly win.

I doubt it. The press are notoriously bad at fabricating voting figures. According to the media last year Wagner was topping the poll every week when he was actually near the bottom most weeks.

It seems to happen when to a person they DON'T want to win e.g. Jedward, Wagner etc, resulting in people believing they are safe and not voting for them. So it could actually be very destructive for Janet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I doubt it. The press are notoriously bad at fabricating voting figures. According to the media last year Wagner was topping the poll every week when he was actually near the bottom most weeks.

It seems to happen when to a person they DON'T want to win e.g. Jedward, Wagner etc, resulting in people believing they are safe and not voting for them. So it could actually be very destructive for Janet.

Daily Star has a 100% record when it comes to X Factor voting leaks.

http://community.betfair.com/specials/go/thread/view/94178/28682139/daily-star---janet-tops-vote-every-week?post_id=512519211

"Cut and paste from tomorrow's paper. They not been wrong yet

TEEN sensation Janet Devlin has aced every X Factor vote so far, the Daily Star Sunday can reveal.
    The 16-year-old from Northern Ireland – who has been criticised for occasionally stumbling performances – is still a hit with viewers.
    Janet polled as much as a quarter of the vote in some weeks.
    And overall, one in five of all votes cast so far have been for her.
    X Factor bosses were due to reinstate a rival last night in a bid to give Janet a challenge.
    One of her strongest opponents – madcap Johnny Robinson – was booted off
    last week after falling into the bottom three.
    In earlier weeks he had polled well, fuelling suspicions he was given the hated fi rst slot on last week’s show to nobble him before he caused an upset.
    Johnny, 45, came second in weeks two and three of the votes, with axed band The Risk bagging second spot in week one.
    Of the remaining contestants, only scouser Marcus Collins, has emerged as a challenger to Janet – after bagging 17% of last week’s votes.
    A show insider revealed the details last night as viewers voted to give a second chance to one of the four acts axed by judges in the first live show. The source
    said: “Whoever it is will have their work cut out to reel in Janet’s support.”

Daily Star has a 100% record when it comes to X Factor voting leaks.

http://community.betfair.com/specials/go/thread/view/94178/28682139/daily-star---janet-tops-vote-every-week?post_id=512519211

"Cut and paste from tomorrow's paper. They not been wrong yet

TEEN sensation Janet Devlin has aced every X Factor vote so far, the Daily Star Sunday can reveal.
    The 16-year-old from Northern Ireland – who has been criticised for occasionally stumbling performances – is still a hit with viewers.
    Janet polled as much as a quarter of the vote in some weeks.
    And overall, one in five of all votes cast so far have been for her.
    X Factor bosses were due to reinstate a rival last night in a bid to give Janet a challenge.
    One of her strongest opponents – madcap Johnny Robinson – was booted off
    last week after falling into the bottom three.
    In earlier weeks he had polled well, fuelling suspicions he was given the hated fi rst slot on last week’s show to nobble him before he caused an upset.
    Johnny, 45, came second in weeks two and three of the votes, with axed band The Risk bagging second spot in week one.
    Of the remaining contestants, only scouser Marcus Collins, has emerged as a challenger to Janet – after bagging 17% of last week’s votes.
    A show insider revealed the details last night as viewers voted to give a second chance to one of the four acts axed by judges in the first live show. The source
    said: “Whoever it is will have their work cut out to reel in Janet’s support.”

They claimed last year that Wagner topped the poll each week.

Edit: That was actually the Sun. Still find it hard to believe that Janet will win though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I definitely think Janet will make the finals.

She's had bad performances the last two weeks and has still been saved over better vocalists. She has a strong core vote which will see her through safely each week.

I think Amelia coming back has stolen votes away from Mischa and Kitty, but Janet voters will still stay loyal, as she's got a completely different style.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement