Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I have to say I LOVED Kitty singing born this way at the end of the show. I just really want to believe it was a massive FU to Kelly/Mischa/producers and that she was going to sing it like she wanted. It prob wasn't but that's the way I'm taking it.

Anyway, I notice a few people saying "ah Louis out first again" I really don't want to come across as harsh but your seriously Naive. Louis is paid huge money to put these acts like Goldie,Wagner,Jedward through because the average x-factor voter somehow thinks that Louis is an idiot and the other judges would never do it. Put obviously the producers want them there because it's "good" TV so you got to just have one judge do it.

Like Christ do you really think that someone in the music industry as long as Louis Walsh would think that Goldie would win this year? Really? The guy chopped and changed both Westlife & Boyzone because they had weak links. If Louis was as bad a judge as he is made out on the show then I'm sure Simon would have sacked him years ago and not the fake one to get press.

I don't really like Louis Walsh so I'm not defending him but god I wish more people didn't take things at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

lizt wrote: »
    They claimed last year that Wagner topped the poll each week.

Edit: That was actually the Sun. Still find it hard to believe that Janet will win though.

I think she's well ahead of everyone and will get votes from every demographic.

According to some betting expert on Radio 2, like Matt last year her youtube views are well ahead of the rest too.

Amelia was brought in to challenge her and may work.

The producers will probably stop the negativity towards her now, build her up again and hand her a wow performance in the final to win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The final will be Amelia, Craig and Marcus.

Id bet my house on that.

I expect either Amelia or Marcus to win outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ei8dqb

Just watched on SKY + was out for a while and following on Twitter, expected some great scandle on the show obout Kitty's performance( Read the twits) but to my disappoiment there was none. Can anyone tell if I missed something.****

ei8dqb wrote: »
    Just watched on SKY + was out for a while and following on Twitter, expected some great scandle on the show obout Kitty's performance( Read the twits) but to my disappoiment there was none. Can anyone tell if I missed something.****
    All that happened really was she grabbed the microphone of dermot at the end while she was standing beside Louis and started singing randomly. Twas a bit cringe.

Also when she was talking to ollie murs, lady gaga ran on stage and hugged her and they both started crying then left together.

Other than that, same old, same old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Tinie wrote: »
    All that happened really was she grabbed the microphone of dermot at the end while she was standing beside Louis and started singing randomly. Twas a bit cringe.

Also when she was talking to ollie murs, lady gaga ran on stage and hugged her and they both started crying then left together.

She sang Born this way acapella, the song she originally wanted to sing and sang it a lot better than Mischa did this week.

It was a bit like she was saying "Here's what I would have done with the song and it's a lot better than Mischa's version!"

She sang Born this way acapella, the song she originally wanted to sing and sang it a lot better than Mischa did this week.

It was a bit like she was saying "Here's what I would have done with the song and it's a lot better than Mischa's version!"
    Ah right.

TBH, I think shes much better than mischa. Ah well, Mischa should be out in the next week or 2 anyway.

The freestyle mischa did on xtra factor was pretty class though, pity she doesnt do more RnB/hip hop on the x factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ei8dqb

Ok ! Seems dull. But al the tweets I seen were before 9pm. Any said not word for word was " OMG My husband had to leave the room, I thought she took her tits out or something, imagine my disippoiment when I came home and watched???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

lol Caroline was so awkward with one direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I don't even like Lady Gaga but I watched the clip of her running on stage to Kitty (can't be bothered to watch the whole Xtra Factor show this year) and it was a really nice moment. I liked that she didn't answer Caroline when she tried to interview her, but one has to wonder why she couldn't wait until after the show to comfort/talk to Kitty?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

misha b should have went, she thinks the judges love her secretly and that she has it,. . . . . what she has is not different to what we have seen in this industry for a why, she is just a recycled act in fairness and the way she dumbs herself down is ridiculous , i know by the looks of her and the way she acts she is a dope,. . .imo!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Tinie wrote: »

No,a look passed between Louis and Kitty..he said "Do it" and she took the mike and did *her* version of Lady Gaga.

That was my take on it.
    A V A wrote: »
    misha b should have went, she thinks the judges love her secretly and that she has it,. . . . . what she has is not different to what we have seen in this industry for a why, she is just a recycled act in fairness and the way she dumbs herself down is ridiculous , i know by the looks of her and the way she acts she is a dope,. . .imo!!!!!!

AVA,
    Post by all means, but if you don't like her leave out the name calling.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I can't see Janet winning. She obviously has a demographic that votes for her - but in the long-run, with most of those shows true talent rises to the top. Shame Misha B is not getting the votes, as IMO, she has a terrific voice. My favorite from Day1 is Craig.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I hope Janet Devlin is kicked off soon. For a young girl she is miserable. Her voice is shaky I cant stand her. last week she picked the song and it was rubbish says a lot about her. janet to go

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

maryk123 wrote: »
    I hope Janet Devlin is kicked off soon. For a young girl she is miserable. Her voice is shaky I cant stand her. last week she picked the song and it was rubbish says a lot about her. janet to go

Bit harsh do you not think? She is a16 year old kid preforming every week in front of millions. Its a lot more then the average kid of 16 has to cope with.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I'm kinda glad Kitty went, only for the fact that Lady Gaga was there and having drinks with her probably means more than winning the X Factor.
    She could get some great publicity and contacts out of this whole thing.

I love the fact that Lady Gaga really cares about people with passion and talent. She's not as fake as other artists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm kinda glad Kitty went, only for the fact that Lady Gaga was there and having drinks with her probably means more than winning the X Factor.
    She could get some great publicity and contacts out of this whole thing.

I love the fact that Lady Gaga really cares about people with passion and talent. She's not as fake as other artists.

Aye, Kitty was not going to win it but of all weeks to go, that was a good one.
    Gaga there and they having a quick chat/drink probably softened the blow of going too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

You posted an opinion about Janet, people are perfectly entitled to disagree. If you don't care then don't look at the thread!
    :cool:Jealous MUCH?:cool:

maryk123 wrote: »
    :DThe Green eyed monster:rolleyes:
    :cool:Jealous Much ?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I hope the judges took the remaining contestants aside and showed them a video of Lady Gaga's performance and said to them:

"Do you see that? Do you know what that is? That's called the X-factor! She's got it ... bucketloads of it."

That was typical Gaga - completely over the top, slightly surreal but, bloody hell, can she sing! Fantastic guest appearance.
    Had to laugh at when she was interviewed and she looked at the judges and went "Oh hi Kelly!", she was probably thinking "who the hell are the other three?" :D

Typical Kitty though. She managed to demonstrate why so many people hated her at he end when she just had to go out in a blaze of self-publicity "Look at meeeeeeeeeee"

Extremely cringeworthy.

• Advertisement

Bit harsh do you not think? She is a16 year old kid preforming every week in front of millions. Its a lot more then the average kid of 16 has to cope with.

I hate when people try to use the age card to defend her. She turned 17. There were people her age/younger who entered the XF and didn't have a sour puss on them every weekend. See: Diana Vickers, One Direction, Eoghan Quigg, Jedward are just a few that come to mind.

She has been given a platform and she should be excited to be there and give that opportunity, instead she goes around with a long face and never smiles which makes her look depressed and unhappy to be there.

People are allowed have their own opinions..last time I checked that doesn't make them jealous :P

I agree with maryk123 though.

Another post, sorry.

I noticed on Twitter Janet was saying she wanted to go see Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, then a few days later she retweeted someone telling her to sing Californication...I can already imagine her singing that in my head and its not good, really hope she doesn't sing any of their songs.

Whats next weeks theme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Courageous Rabbit

dee. wrote: »
    Another post, sorry.

I noticed on Twitter Janet was saying she wanted to go see Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, then a few days later she retweeted someone telling her to sing Californication...I can already imagine her singing that in my head and its not good, really hope she doesn't sing any of their songs.

Whats next weeks theme?

Oh God. I see an awfully boring rendition of 'Under the Bridge' on the horizon...!!!

Don't see any news on the theme just yet.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Typical X factor, the best singer gets voted off. This is why the winners usually have their contracts cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

:cool:Jealous MUCH?:cool:

Srsly?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

anniehoo wrote: »
    Ok i can call it....bye bye Kitty, Mischa is head and shoulders way better!
    dont forget the hair:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Amelia is favourite now to win apparently.

she's bland, absolutely forgettable and shíte - and i emphasize the fact she is SHÍTE.

Mischa is an arrogant toad, and even though it's probably right that Kitty went - she's not a popstar, she belongs on a broadway stage somewhere - i'd have loved Mischa to go.

also, the judges, bar Gary, have all become parodies of themselves.

Louis always has been - he's always played a character.

Tulisa needs to fúck off with her inability to defend her acts rationally. shouting "you brought it" again and again when Gary calls you out on Little Mix doing the same thing every week, does not qualify as a defence.

and Kelly is píssing me right off at this stage - with her faux-American lingo, and her clear belief that she's the fúcking shít.

don't get me wrong, Gary's bland as hell, but at least he's speaks a modicum of truth and he doesn't make me want to shoot the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

why do you watch it bud ?

• Advertisement

Srsly?
    Srs as cncr.
    The reason people don't like Janet comes down to Jealousy. Nothing else. She is the most talented act by FAR!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement