Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you're 'getting on a bit' when.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

-
    poppyvally wrote: »
    When you spend 20 minutes looking for your glasses & find that you're wearing them!

Ahh! THAT's where they are!

:o

-

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Grandad Himself

When I started composing tunes to harmonise with my tinnitus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

When I started composing tunes to harmonise with my tinnitus.
    Proper laugh out loud moment there. Thanks for that. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I was crying when I read that Grandad Himself. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 majorsharpes

when the children start calling u by your first name

• Advertisement

When you create an account with Boards.ie and then forget that you have.

And when you do remember, you have of course lost the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lexicographer

When the first thing you check on boards is this forum.

Are there others?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,059 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh its dangerous out there Granddad, I wouldn't chance it if I were you. Mind you Chucken goes out and gives them hell and gets away with it :D, you wouldn't know her, and she never mentions soup!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

looksee wrote: »
    Oh its dangerous out there Granddad, I wouldn't chance it if I were you. Mind you Chucken goes out and gives them hell and gets away with it :D, you wouldn't know her, and she never mentions soup!

Moi? batting_eyelashes_big.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

When you go to a pub or disco bar and a couple of good looking girls walk past during the evening and you realise with sadness that they don't look back anymore! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

looksee wrote: »

Not so much as she 'goes out' but we fling 'er out and watch what happens! :)

When you think of the young ladies in this forum as YOUNG ladies.

Rubecula wrote: »
    When you think of the young ladies in this forum as YOUNG ladies.

It's all relative Rube ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

When you buy frozen veg 'cause it's a pain scraping and chopping them.:o

Now, now, Ruthloss, I think you've gone too far and setting a bad example for the juniors. Of course, we O & O's nevah, evah, buy frozen vegetables. We always, buy fresh and failing that, we grow them ourselves. Don't we now? :rolleyes: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    we grow them ourselves. Don't we now? :rolleyes: :p
    Grow your own...has to be one of the quickest deaths I've ever seen.

One year everyone was at it, the next no one....lol..."cheaper in Aldi" "without the dirt and snails"

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Homegrown, despite the labour, always tastes better :D

I have a small garden which takes 2 or 3 hours a week. For me the rewards outweigh the labour.

I returned to growing veg over the last couple of years and had great success until the slugs and snails took over this year. Oh how I hate them slugs. Anyway my lettuces last year were brilliant. Each one was delicious, huge and lasted us about 3-4 days with hardly any waste on them. The supermarket lettuces only have little flavour, last us 1-2 days with quite a lot of waste so for me there is no contest, except the contest between me and the slugs, which I lost this year, damn them! :mad: Home grown is best if (if you are man/woman enough for it!!:D)

Homegrown, despite the labour, always tastes better :D

I have a small garden which takes 2 or 3 hours a week. For me the rewards outweigh the labour.

Totally agree Rich. I love my little garden and despite whats said around here (Im looking at you Rube! :p) my veggies make lovely soup!!!

• Advertisement

Vegetarian soup is ok, if you bone the vegetarians first.

Actually I do agree about veggies grown yourself. You have no idea what is sprayed on the stuff you buy. And you can only buy the ones that 'look' right at the supermarket. I don't care if they have funny shapes or odd sticky out bits. It is going to taste good so who cares what it looks like? Besides it works out cheaper in many cases.

I used to grow me own spuds, now I grow apples and rhubarb and sadly a lot of blackberries, but I do tend to leave them for the birds. I have been tempted to get some chickens too. But not made the plunge yet. A 'friend' of mine has American turkeys.

Oh I meant to say, growing veg makes me feel pretty old. Not the growing of them, but the awful pains and aches from tending and picking them. Maybe a raised bed would help? Not sure on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jojo34

when it takes 3 days to recover from a night out!

jojo34 wrote: »
    when it takes 3 days to recover from a night out!

You go out? At NIGHT? Gawsh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

You know the name of the man who put the figs in the Fig Rolls.

chughes wrote: »
    You know the name of the man who put the figs in the Fig Rolls.

If that's a question, then no I don't know the name of the man who puts the figs in the fig rolls. How do you know it is a man?

If its a statement, then it's you I suppose. In which case we need to ask, HOW do you get the figs into the fig rolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,059 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Everyone knows that, they have a giant hypodermic syringe and squirt the figs in the biscuits one at a time.

Ah now you've just spoilt the illusion. Thought it was magicker than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    If that's a question, then no I don't know the name of the man who puts the figs in the fig rolls. How do you know it is a man?

If its a statement, then it's you I suppose. In which case we need to ask, HOW do you get the figs into the fig rolls?

It was a statement. According to the Jacobs advertising campaign in the early 1970's, Jim Figgerty was the man who put the figs into fig rolls.

Some of us oldies must be older than others in this thread :D

My memory is just a cobweb at this stage! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You've forgotten more than you know

11pm seems late.

Advertisement