Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Heat - Overcharged?!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭johnnymorgan

Hi Ronnipo.

As I have said over and over.. I don't think it matters. This has been voted in at a meeting so owners would have been informed about it..

Yes we are getting shafted but I don't think a few of us talking on here are going to do anything about it.. There are over 500 apartments in there so 4 or 5 people are not going to make a difference.

Come end of month you will probably get cut off(I assume they actually will). Call the management, I have spoken to the main guy, he said it has been voted in, so as said we got scewed and that's that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ronnipo wrote: »
    Guys. This is a total rip off. We should definitely do something about it and not just wait with our fingers crossed that we will pay less. This won't happen!!!
    I just called Frontline and they confirmed that we will get charged 50 eur per month even if we don't use the heating at all which is more than we were paying when we were actually using the heating at the moment (our bill was 44 eur per month max; 88 for two months). The gas charges will then be put on top of that! I'm just wondering how much can we expect to be charged then. More than 100eur per month? Are we living in castle or a lousy apartment?
    I would suggest we gather and call up the Custom House management. They were the ones who made that brilliant decision. I would like to hear what they have to say about this. Maybe they can tell us how much money they put into their pockets for liaising with Frontline.
    Let me know if you are in.

Where are you getting €50 per month from?

I'm reading the contract here and it says there is a standing charge of €48.76 per bi-monthly bill which from what I can tell works out at €24.38 per month.

I'm not overy happy about this whole situation but I'll reserve judgement on it until I see bills coming in and how they are calculated.

From what I can gather BGH were pulling random figures out of the sky and putting them on bills when it came to my place anyway and every time I queried it they had no answers when they bothered replying that is!!

As many have said here, unless you get 60-70% of the tenants to kick up about it no one is going to bat an eyelid as its a prime rental location and apartments are rarely on the rental market for more than a week before they are snapped up.

I think its a case of unless you're a owner occupier, either like it or lump it.
    Not pleasant but use your feet to do the talking and try and publicise it as much as possible so maybe when landlords see their properties sitting empty and are made known why, they may act.

I've rented 5 different apartments in there and only dealt with one landlord directly, all are done through agencies who care even less than the landlords. As long as landlords see the rent coming in they really don't care who is in there as long as they aren't trashing the place.

@ToxicPaddy.

Sadly thats exactly the case.. I will sign up as I have more important things to worry about.. maintenace fee is as you quoted, meant to be same as was so no difference.. Get on with I say at this point. If I left here in morning, would be rented within a day, never mind a week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Yeah I emailed my forms in last night, just waiting to hear back about paying the deposit.

Has anyone done this? Do they take visa debit over the phone or do you need to do a bank transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sened

there is an other forum on neighbours dot ie where someone says that the new standing charge for frontline will be 12 euro...

• Advertisement

Sened wrote: »
    there is an other forum on neighbours dot ie where someone says that the new standing charge for frontline will be 12 euro...

The last post I see in the Custom House Sq one is from 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sened

yes the 12 euro must be for an other apt block, that comment is "only" 2.5 months old

• Registered Users Posts: 25 boozezela

I have just sent an email to the Irish Independent, the Irish Times, Metro Herald and 98 FM.

You should all try to find 5 minutes to call them and report the same news.

I have included the briefing, the letter where they inform us of the need to remove the bypass the one claiming that this is part of the works to "increase efficiencies of the system", the letter from BG informing the customers of the takeover from Frontline and the letter from Frontline stating that they are not profiting from the 35.1% increase in costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

boozezela wrote: »
    I have just sent an email to the Irish Independent, the Irish Times, Metro Herald and 98 FM.

You should all try to find 5 minutes to call them and report the same news.

I have included the briefing, the letter where they inform us of the need to remove the bypass the one claiming that this is part of the works to "increase efficiencies of the system", the letter from BG informing the customers of the takeover from Frontline and the letter from Frontline stating that they are not profiting from the 35.1% increase in costs.

You forgot Joe Duffy, it sounds like the sort of stuff that he would love to get his teeth into and it would give some of the other people a chance to get their voice heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mikehn wrote: »
    You forgot Joe Duffy, it sounds like the sort of stuff that he would love to get his teeth into and it would give some of the other people a chance to get their voice heard.

Oh, p!ease spare us having to listen to call after call saying the same thing while Joe swoons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Spuddy2014

Has anyone actually paid the 250 deposit? I think it's a lot to ask with little notice. I am renting and was not aware of any changes. I don't see why I should have to pay 250 up front for a change I didn't ask for

@Spuddy.

How can you not be aware of the changes.. Letters were hand delivered to each apartment(according to security/managment) so people couldn't say they didn't receive. I also received about 2 update letters reminding me to join so amble notice..

Yes I have paid, as I don't want to be disconnected.

Gave up giving out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

Just wondering how you paid the deposit. I wasn't bothered posting anything and they seemed to have no interest in replying to my query. Did they accept debit card over the phone?

Also, perhaps I'm reading it wrong but the terms and conditions regarding getting the deposit back seemed to suggest you need to give 3 months notice. Again I asked them about this but they blanked me entirely.

@Carl,

I did a bank transfer to them. They provided me with the details upon request..

I have also addressed the deposit issue with them and have been told(I have it on record on email) that the 3 month is more a guideline.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement