Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Pretty impressive.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Great trailer.

Looks like they are getting rid of Altair and Ezio before AC3. So more than likely, a new assassin for the full sequel if this game seems to be tracing their last steps.

Or they might both get away in their respective timelines and live happily ever after. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

That's an very cool trailer, especially the return to Masyaf. Ezio is getting on with age, but I really liked his character arc, hopefully it will be a good ending to his story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

even as an oul lad hes kicking ass and not settling down to run a local chipper......theres a ezio's im kimmage btw:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Dammit. I can't wait until November! Now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Looks absolutely fantastic. Was always going to be a definite purchase for me as I loved AC2 and Brotherhood, but I'm going to take a few days off work for this one. Can't wait to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sidewinderVX

This looks awesome! Glad your back as Ezio, and they may get to develop Altier more.

Been any mention of playing current day Desmond in this? Loved getting to run around the "current" world as Desmond.

Yeah apparently its between Desmond, Ezio and Altair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Think I might be splashing out on the Animus Edition which appears to be a Gamestop exclusive. Although, it is €99. The encyclopaedia really gets my juices flowing!:D

animus-edition.jpg

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhhhhh.........Yes. Definitely for me. I got the Codex edition for Brotherhood and it was really worth it.

Ahhhhhhhhh.........Yes. Definitely for me. I got the Codex edition for Brotherhood and it was really worth it.
    I didn't and kinda regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I will be pre-ordering this for sure.

I didn't pre-order the Codex edition and had a bit of trouble hunting one down afterwards but thankfully got one in the end. Totally worth it as it's a lovely set. My only gripe is that the chest was made out of plastic and not engraved in stone like I thought it would be :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Can't believe I'm only reading this thread now.

The E3 trailer and gameplay look great. And I'm really glad to be getting back to Altair! I seem to be the only person who liked AC1. I agree that the side missions were repetitive, but the world was so immersive. And I kinda preferred the middle eastern setting to Italy, so I'm loving the setting in Constantinople for Revelations.

AC2 was the best of the three by far. Great story and loads of new gameplay features. I felt a bit disappointed with Brotherhood. Rome got boring, and I preferred the different cities layout they used for Ac 1 and 2.

Also, I'm glad they've stated that it's the end of Ezio an Altair's story. It means they'll have to do something fresh for the next one. I like the finality that this is gonna be the end of their story.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

It will be a sad day when/if Ezio is killed off, he's defo up there as one of my favourite games characters(Snake being 1st). As a real history fanatic my favourite thing about the AC games is how they transport you back in time, the developers do such a great job on the reconstruction of the environments and landmarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Started replaying AC2 last night, then I'll move onto Brotherhood. AC2 still feels as sublime as ever, definitely one of my top 5 games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Barrington wrote: »
    Started replaying AC2 last night, then I'll move onto Brotherhood. AC2 still feels as sublime as ever, definitely one of my top 5 games ever.

Ye was thinking of playing AS 2 and Brotherhood before Revelations comes out. Brotherhood is defo one of my favorite games.

-gilly-09- wrote: »
    Ye was thinking of playing AS 2 and Brotherhood before Revelations comes out. Brotherhood is defo one of my favorite games.

Just got the Platinum in AC2 this morning. Them feathers were a royal pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Ridley

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Also, I'm glad they've stated that it's the end of Ezio an Altair's story.

So am I. As much as I like playing the games, Brotherhood was AC2.5. Same plot as the AC2 DLC and that
    block of text
    before the game's climax was BS. :p

Da Vinci's the one I'll miss. Since it's Constantinople, I'm hoping this gets in somehow but I've considered Ezio and Altair's story to been done since AC2.

• Advertisement

Barrington wrote: »
    Just got the Platinum in AC2 this morning. Them feathers were a royal pain in the ass.

I got the 360 equivalent for that too. I'm only 3 off the same for AC: Brotherhood but they are multiplayer based achievements that are next to impossible without boosting buddies.

I got the 360 equivalent for that too. I'm only 3 off the same for AC: Brotherhood but they are multiplayer based achievements that are next to impossible without boosting buddies.

Yeah, only missing one (well, before the additional trophies with The Da Vinci Disappearance, though I don't think they count for the platinum) in Brotherhood which, like you say, is pretty much impossible without boosting. Hate multiplayer trophies like that. I'd try it without boosting, but since the game has been out for a good few months now, most who are still playing it are too good to be able to get 15 different bonuses in one match against.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Borgias starting on Sky Atlantic soon, assume like me others will watch in the vain hope Ezio launches off a building at some point? :pac:

Suppose its anti christian tv shows now :p

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Borgias starting on Sky Atlantic soon, assume like me others will watch in the vain hope Ezio launches off a building at some point? :pac:

Have it sitting on my harddrive at the moment but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I'll get there, and seem like a fairly solid TV show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone on XBL playing the multiplayer?

duploelabs wrote: »

I do however I recently reached Level 50 and don't play as often anymore. My gamertag is "Seamarse" so add me if you want, I do play the odd session occassionally as it's still a fun game.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Any date for when its starting?
    duploelabs wrote: »

I wouldn't mind booting this up for a game if there was a gang of us, stopped playing after I got the 1000 in it, they went and released flipping DLC, when there was frig all left online playing.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    stopped playing after I got the 1000 in it, they went and released flipping DLC, when there was frig all left online playing.

The DLC has all single-player based achievements, and very easy ones to get as well.

The DLC has all single-player based achievements, and very easy ones to get as well.

Is it worth getting?

• Advertisement

For 800 points I think so. Multiplayer aside you get 8 new missions which I thought were enjoyable, plus one mission centres around that crazy bitch Lucrezia Borgia which is funny enough.

Also if you're into achievements, which your gamertag confirms :) , it's an easy 250.

Advertisement